The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Aug 15, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #3,316 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You probably can't tell this without your audiologist's help (or at least someone else to look in your ear), but are your sound tubes pointing towards your ear drum? Or are they aiming towards the side of the ear canal (ie pressed up against some skin)?

So many things that can go wrong... ugh
triportsad.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #3,317 of 3,960
I don't remember seeing pictures of clear/clear freqs on this thread, so I'll throw mine in. These have been remade and fit much better. The 50 Hz and 500 Hz seal test tones play well, but most music still seems to need more bass. So my opinion so far is that these are decent enough iems, but not quite amazing. The universal iems I've had before may be better.

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #3,318 of 3,960
Those look nice. I had clear/clear SFs and my 1st FSs were clear/clear also. My SFs didn't look that nice though.

Aug 18, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #3,322 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow it's been so quiet.. don't remember the last time I saw the freq thread on page 3 of the port IEMs section!

....well, I would update with pictures, but Freq still hasn't shipped out my order yet. They received the impressions on 8/8. I called today and Emily said that they should be receiving them back from "manufacturer" this week and then they would be shipped out. I hate the wait...
frown.gif

I thought the Freqs would be made in Tampa. Do they have a separate manufacturing plant?

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #3,324 of 3,960
oops....

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #3,327 of 3,960
Quote:

good for you!!

Thanks! ...but the fit issues are what concern me, even before getting them. I hope I don't have to send them back for more work. that's the problem with customs though, gotta learn to be patient.

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #3,328 of 3,960
well yeah it's like that..

i live in singapore.. and this is my third time sending it in.. so it's been like that since mid May.. a long process I must say.. i'm hoping this'll be last.

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #3,329 of 3,960
Quote:

well yeah it's like that..

i live in singapore.. and this is my third time sending it in.. so it's been like that since mid May.. a long process I must say.. i'm hoping this'll be last.

ouch...that's long. your ears going to change before you have the correct fit.
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back