The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Aug 12, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #3,286 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys,

is it natural that the cable connector and memory wire are about 0.3" from the side of my face? from pics i see on the 1st page and the other custom IEM threads, most of the connectors lay flush against the side of the head.

Mine sticks out so much so that sometimes it doesn't even hook around the ear.. i need to push the memory wire inward to be on the other side of the ear instead of the outside.

why do u think it got this way anyway? is the freq too thick depthwise?

If I understand what you're saying, mine are like that too.

I've been trying to take some pictures of mine in my ears (someone asked), but last night's experiment produced poor results. I'm going to try again tonight. I'll post the pics once I get some good ones.

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #3,287 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oops...It's Mazz that's in Australia.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4303677-post2301.html

Yes I am, but I originally ordered them from Todd in person at CanJam. I've just recently sent them from Australia to The Freq for some work on the sound issue and fit, so we'll see how that goes.

IIRC FeedMeTrance has Freqs of some description and is in Melbourne...

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #3,288 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@wquiles
i just remembered you owned both the triple.fi and superfreqs right? but you said you prefer the superfreqs more. i dont know but my experience was definitely the opposite. was my superfreq set really that bad?

At the end of the day this hobby is "VERY" subjective, but maybe fit is a problem - lack of good seal?

Have you done the tone seal test?

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #3,289 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IIRC FeedMeTrance has Freqs of some description and is in Melbourne...

I believe Feedmetrance has Livewires. He was the one that had the horror story of shipping them back and forth.

Aug 13, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #3,291 of 3,960
im interested in these, but have some questions.

I'm in Canada, so I would need to get impressions by a professional. Do I need to specify anything that needs to be done. Or is the process the same as a hearing aid.

I didn't see any instructions on the freQ site. But what is the exact process after I order the freQ's. Do I get a confirmation number that I need to send with the impressions?

What's the shipping like to Canada?

Is the superfreQ the only model I should be considering? Or are the lower models decent enough?

Can I use the SuperfreQ on my iphone unamped?(I can't afford a tomahawk just yet. Maybe I'll build a Cmoy)

Aug 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #3,292 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by geestring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im interested in these, but have some questions.

I'm in Canada, so I would need to get impressions by a professional. Do I need to specify anything that needs to be done. Or is the process the same as a hearing aid.

You can use those instructions, or use the Ultimate Ear's instructions:
http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...structions.pdf

The main key is to use the open mouth impression.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geestring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't see any instructions on the freQ site. But what is the exact process after I order the freQ's. Do I get a confirmation number that I need to send with the impressions?

I had my impressions completed first, then ordered off of Freq's site online. After I received my confirmation email, I packaged the impressions and sent them to Freq in Florida.

Hope that helps.

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #3,294 of 3,960
Quote:

hayduke,

u don't find it a bother? that they're so far out?

Not that I've noticed. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly. I really don't see how else they could sit. I didn't take any pictures last night, I was working until midnight
frown.gif
I'll see if I can get some good ones tonight.

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #3,295 of 3,960
as in the cable connectors are litterally .3mm from my face!! so if i want the memory wire to hook behind my ear, i've to push it in so it becomes slanted!

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #3,296 of 3,960
man... I hate memory wire, that was one reason why I didn't like my superfi 5 pros. It hurts my ears after a short while.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #3,298 of 3,960
I think I'm going to try to wrap some kind of cushiony tape around the memory wire to see if it is any better. Let's just hope the Freqshows fit first though...
smile.gif
or should I be frowning?
confused_face.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #3,299 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man... I hate memory wire, that was one reason why I didn't like my superfi 5 pros. It hurts my ears after a short while.

Quote:

really? don't feel a thing with mine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm going to try to wrap some kind of cushiony tape around the memory wire to see if it is any better. Let's just hope the Freqshows fit first though...
smile.gif
or should I be frowning?
confused_face.gif

I have no issues with the memory wire at all.

Slowth, how do you think it should work then?

The headphones are on the front/outside of the ear. Of course the wire will have to bend towards the head to get behind the ear. I'll make sure I get some good pics taken tonight. Do you have pictures of yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back