The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Jun 26, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #736 of 787
Hey guys, can anybody recommend a good remote control app for foobar2000, either Windows or Android?

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #738 of 787
I like MonkeyMote on iOS, don’t know if it is available on your preferred platforms though.
Thanks, there is an Android version of this. I'll check it out.

Jun 30, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #739 of 787
I just got 'foobar 200 controller pro', which was just made free recently. You need to install an httpd module on foobar but once you do you can control it from the phone nicely.

Jul 1, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #740 of 787
I just got 'foobar 200 controller pro', which was just made free recently. You need to install an httpd module on foobar but once you do you can control it from the phone nicely.
Thanks, I'll look at this also.

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #741 of 787
I solved the noise problem this way.
As it is a USB HD, I attached it to my router, out of sight and out of hearing.
The router supports file sharing (SMB).
Thanks for the suggestion, but my HD is a big internal SATA (22T) used as an archive/dump-all drive and not planning on put it as an external. Guess I might put it in a NAS sometime when I get around to build something.

On foobar, I found the "Full file buffering" setting actually works for single images, an ISO image or an album ripped in a single wav or flac. It just bothers me when an album is in multiply tracks, apparently the "Read ahead for local files" buffer is too small.

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #743 of 787
Jul 19, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #745 of 787
Oi amigo!

I don't think so but maybe somebody will know. Or ask on the hydrogen audio forums.

Why do you want to play Deezer through foobar?

Jul 19, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #747 of 787
Salve, amigo !
Well, I think music has more "punch" in Foobar, compared to Deezer browser player.
Check browser for ability to play using WASAPI Exclusive interface. I know that some can, but don't remember which one, probably Chrome. It will bypass system mixer and play with an original sample rate.

There are trick to capture output using a custom driver, but I don't know whether it will bypass system mixer.

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #748 of 787
Salve, amigo !
Well, I think music has more "punch" in Foobar, compared to Deezer browser player.

I understand. Deezer in the browser and even the desktop app is not bitperfect. As @sajunky suggested, check to see if it works better in Chrome.

I got bitperfect to work with Deezer desktop app but only if I know the sample rate. If you get the VB Audio ASIO bridge / Hifi cable app (it's free), and you have a DAC with ASIO drivers, you can get it to work. But since it requires knowing the sample rate all the time, I stopped using it after I got it to work in a test situation.

Here surprisingly Deezer hifi is more expensive than Tidal Hifi Plus. If the price is ok for you I can suggest adding Tidal to your setup because the desktop app is bitperfect.

Check browser for ability to play using WASAPI Exclusive interface. I know that some can, but don't remember which one, probably Chrome. It will bypass system mixer and play with an original sample rate.

There are trick to capture output using a custom driver, but I don't know whether it will bypass system mixer.

Yes, for example the one I mentioned does, I was able to get Deezer desktop app (which is not bitperfect) to talk to my Brooklyn and I was able to decode MQA from Deezer.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #749 of 787
I understand. Deezer in the browser and even the desktop app is not bitperfect. As @sajunky suggested, check to see if it works better in Chrome.

I got bitperfect to work with Deezer desktop app but only if I know the sample rate. If you get the VB Audio ASIO bridge / Hifi cable app (it's free), and you have a DAC with ASIO drivers, you can get it to work. But since it requires knowing the sample rate all the time, I stopped using it after I got it to work in a test situation.

Here surprisingly Deezer hifi is more expensive than Tidal Hifi Plus. If the price is ok for you I can suggest adding Tidal to your setup because the desktop app is bitperfect.

Yes, for example the one I mentioned does, I was able to get Deezer desktop app (which is not bitperfect) to talk to my Brooklyn and I was able to decode MQA from Deezer.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #750 of 787
Thanks, sajunky and gimmeheadroom, for your answers. I´ll check Chrome for bitperfect. I understood you heard difference enabling bitperfect , is that true ? Anyway, I thaught maybe there´s some kind of equalization in Dezeer, in browser mode, that makes it sound a little "holow", at least for me. Do you think is it possible ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back