The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Jun 5, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #706 of 787
I downloaded the plugin, installed it, then downloaded the wav file. but I don't see how to load it into the plugin since there's no option for that - I tried dragging the wav file on the plugin, but got an error message.
Install/uninstall on the Preferences/Components page, then activate/remove and configure on the Preferences/Playback/DSP_Manager

When there are multiple entries on the active list panel, move up and down by dragging according to your requirements.

Some addons add configuration options in the Preferences/Advances section, check it out after installing.

Jun 6, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #707 of 787
Install/uninstall on the Preferences/Components page, then activate/remove and configure on the Preferences/Playback/DSP_Manager

When there are multiple entries on the active list panel, move up and down by dragging according to your requirements.

Some addons add configuration options in the Preferences/Advances section, check it out after installing.
Thanks

Sep 27, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #708 of 787
file -> preferences -> DSP manager -> select the "Convoler" plugin from "Available DSPs" list, so it shows up in "Active DSPs", then double click it, proprieties windows should pop up...

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #709 of 787
What is the best choice in DSP Manager? Convolver with headphone-matching presets or MathAudio Headphone EQ with preset? Can they work in parallel with each other? I apologize for the not very good, perhaps, the translation, because I can hardly form this specific question in my native language.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #711 of 787
Can someone explain to stupid me why with a Bifrost 2 in Foobar2000 WASAPI event causes distortion on 96k tracks? But it's fine on WASAPI push?

Am I alright using WASAPI in push? I've been using event for about a year now and just realised this is a problem because I just now tried to play a 96k track.

Here's my settings:

Bifrost2.PNG

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #712 of 787
Why not use ASIO?

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #714 of 787
Funny, because event mode (pull) in general is more stable. Might be a matter of implementation at the Unison.
Maybe simple increase buffer size.

Have a look at post #13 https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,109714.0.html#entry903677
Agreed, as WASAPI event takes less system resources and works more stable with asynchronous transfers. It can be a dormant driver loaded in memory with another instance driver active. Unplug USB cable and see whether there is still DAC driver listed in device manager. Remove this driver and try again or restart PC. Again, why not use ASIO?

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #715 of 787
Isn't foobar's volume control supposed to be disabled when using ASIO? I just downloaded the latest version to install on a new PC and the output options have changed again. In addition to ASIO, WASAPI and all the traditional stuff they added Primary Sound exclusive mode. In all cases, foobar volume control is enabled. This is not what I remember..

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #716 of 787
Not. It wasn't disabled before. Volume control is only disabled for DSD playback. What is new?

Foobar had major changes during last year and now is dropping Direct Sound for good. Default interface is WASAPI Shared. User interface follow requirements of the interface. By example, on a default (or primary) output Foobar doesn't allow to adjust bit depth anymore. It is because WASAPI Shared programming inteface requires from the application to match exactly sample rate and bit depth with a setting of the Windows Sound Control Panel, otherwise there is no sound. WASAPI support is now built in (both shared and exclusive), there is no requirement to install WASAPI plugins. The "Primary Sound exclusive" output is the same as the old WASAPI Exclusive, just a different name.

You can still install WASAPI plug in, you will get back the old output modes.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #717 of 787
Thanks, just felt like some weird changes and I didn't remember that volume was enabled. Maybe because most of the time if I use foobar I'm playing SACD ISO. I'll check again and see if that changed. I never used WASAPI, so that would not be the reason.

Mar 2, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #718 of 787
I think the UI got broken. The volume slider does move for DSD, but it does not have any effect. In previous version(s) the volume slider was greyed-out for DSD and could not be moved.

Mar 7, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #719 of 787
I've been having an issue with my Benchmark DAC3B while trying to use either the following device modes:
  1. ASIO : Benchmark_DAC2 ASIO Driver
  2. DSD : ASIO : Benchmark_DAC2 ASIO Driver
For now I'm using the device that's highlighted in the screenshot below.

The problem seems to be that when I'm using one of the two ASIO drivers, Foobar will eventually pause/timeout. I have the USB 2.0 audio drivers installed from Benchmark, and the Streaming Mode set to 'Always On'.

These modes are the only way I can get the correct bitrate to display on the DAC3. If I use the device selected below, it's locked at 24-bit/48,000 Hz.

1646660788801.png

1646660943151.png

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #720 of 787
Write or call Benchmark, it should work without issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back