The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Aug 31, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #781 of 787
Asio4all isn’t actually asio. Asio is recommended because when someone makes a dedicated driver for his DAC, it will typically be an asio driver. The value in my opinion comes from it being a dedicated driver, so Asio4all being a generic solution has no benefit over wasapi.
Good catch. ASIO4ALL is only a wrapper around the standard windows audio stack. Has absolutely none of the advantages of real ASIO which bypasses the windows audio subsystem. ASIO is made to talk directly to the audio hardware with no OS in the way.

Aug 31, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #782 of 787
Thanks a lot for this, can you point me at any info on how best to use WASAPI?
The exclusive mode you’ve tried is it. As you’ve experienced, things tend to work or not work with ”bit perfect” solutions. Once you get music, you’re usually done.

Aug 31, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #783 of 787
Sorry, my DAC is an Audiolab 8200 CDQ and works to 96 kHz and 24 bits. It did not come with any drivers but use of ASIO4all was recommended. Since the instructions only went to Win 7 I'm wondering which I should use out of ASIO, WASAPI or none of them. The computer is only used for Foobar so there shouldn't be much in the way of other demands. Thanks for your reply.
ASIO was developed by Steinberg https://www.steinberg.net a pro audio company, for use in mastering recordings. It is the best possible protocol for bitperfect audio with Windows.

Since you show your address as UK, you might try contacting Audiolab https://www.audiolab.co.uk/contact-us/ to ask about drivers.

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #785 of 787
Hi, I have a question regarding DSD playback via Foobar2k. I have win10 +Woo WA8 and I can send DSD in DoP format to the Woo in Wasapi Event mode. Playback works just fine, however, in the bottom left corner it says "DSD128 I 5644800 Hz I 24 bits I Stereo I 11290 kbps"

My question is: do I get the dsd data converted to pcm or do I get the DSD via DoP? That "24bits" has got me confused. Thank you in advance!

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #786 of 787
Any idea if there is a component like the "UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point" for foobar2000 v2 x64 ?
I would like to browse and play music from my personal Upnp home server when I am in my office as I can do till now with the 2015 component with foobar2000 (I have BubleUpnp on my personnal server at home for external access) ...
Till now; I haven't find any way to browse my upnp server from foobar2000 v2 (from LAN and WAN).

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #787 of 787
Hi, I have a question regarding DSD playback via Foobar2k. I have win10 +Woo WA8 and I can send DSD in DoP format to the Woo in Wasapi Event mode. Playback works just fine, however, in the bottom left corner it says "DSD128 I 5644800 Hz I 24 bits I Stereo I 11290 kbps"

My question is: do I get the dsd data converted to pcm or do I get the DSD via DoP? That "24bits" has got me confused. Thank you in advance!
Go to the Preferences -> Display -> Default User Interface
Press "Reset page" button

Or copy/paste a text from my setup in the status bar section:
Code:
%codec% | $if(%__bitspersample%,%__bitspersample%/)%samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%]$if(%__hdcd%,' --------- HDCD: ['PE: %__hdcd_peak_extend% | LLE: %__hdcd_gain% | TF: %__hdcd_transient_filter%']',)

For PCM 96kHz 24-bit it display "24/96000 Hz", I wanted that way...
It also include HDCD reporting (if extension is installed and playing HDCD encoded material)
Foobar status.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back