The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Jun 16, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #527 of 787
Jriver has sub management with LFE. I imagine there is a plugin for Foobar.

I want to use my URC remote. Just need play and stop. It should do it right from the main program with keyboard shortcut but will not work for me.

I prefer Foobar. Jriver is much easier. It will not play the FLAC stream I listen to. So it is out. The remote is less of a deal breaker but I am sure I am just setting it up wrong.

Jun 18, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #528 of 787
Just got a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 Pros what DSPs or other things should I be using to complement them?

The only thing the HD380 pro needs is a normal cable.
I use the sennheiser 531406
product_detail_x1_desktop_square_louped_531406_ProductImage_square

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #529 of 787
Got a new Audiolab 8300CD player with ESS 9018 USB DAC. Foobar plays all bitrate flac and DSD 2.8 and 5.6. The manual says this unit can play DSD256 (11.2) but foobar pops up a console saying something like the device doesn't support bit rate of 705060. Probably not exactly the right number but don't have the windows box running now. I'm still searching and found a few hits but so far all from like 2012 solved by upgrading to newer asio plugin and some not resolved. Not exactly getting helpful responses from Audiolab. Buy our player for 1200 Euros = we will direct you to somebody closer to you and further from the people who actually might know enough to be able to help.

Win 10 Pro, foobar2000 with everything updated. Just in case anybody knows what the problem could be. Thanks.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #530 of 787
Got a new Audiolab 8300CD player with ESS 9018 USB DAC. Foobar plays all bitrate flac and DSD 2.8 and 5.6. The manual says this unit can play DSD256 (11.2) but foobar pops up a console saying something like the device doesn't support bit rate of 705060. Probably not exactly the right number but don't have the windows box running now. I'm still searching and found a few hits but so far all from like 2012 solved by upgrading to newer asio plugin and some not resolved. Not exactly getting helpful responses from Audiolab. Buy our player for 1200 Euros = we will direct you to somebody closer to you and further from the people who actually might know enough to be able to help.

Win 10 Pro, foobar2000 with everything updated. Just in case anybody knows what the problem could be. Thanks.
I'm using Win7 with FB2K 1.3.19, and can get DSD256 into my Hugo2. Are you using the Foo_input_sacd 1.0.X or something earlier?

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #531 of 787
I'm using Win7 with FB2K 1.3.19, and can get DSD256 into my Hugo2. Are you using the Foo_input_sacd 1.0.X or something earlier?

Thanks UELong. Components says:

foo_out_asio 2.1.2
foobar2000 core 1.3.17
Super Audio CD Decoder 1.1.0 (foo_input_sacd)

Everything has been updated to the latest versions.

Actual error message from the console popup is:

Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 705600 Hz not supported by this device

Thanks

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #532 of 787
Cannot get MCE to work still. It is straightforward. No plugin. Won't work. Obviously I am not doing it right. I have no clue how else to do it. Otherwise Foobar IMO is the top player.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #533 of 787

foo_out_asio 2.1.2
foobar2000 core 1.3.17

Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 705600 Hz not supported by this device

Thanks
I'm not positive about this. But, why not try Foo_input_sacd v1.0.11? I think v1.1.0 works better with the FB v1.4 beta series. But it might help.

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #534 of 787
I'm not positive about this. But, why not try Foo_input_sacd v1.0.11? I think v1.1.0 works better with the FB v1.4 beta series. But it might help.

Thanks, it's worth a try. I'll get back to you in a day or two. I would hope the later version didn't break anything, that would kinda suck. But you never know.

Weird thing is I get the error even with the device switched off. So it does kinda point to an error in foobar rather than the device. The error message was reported by a lot of people. In many cases it was not solved at least the guy saying he had the problem never confirmed it got fixed. About half the time the suggestions were to update the firmware on the device (not possible in my case AFAIK) or to update foobar or components. My foobar is completely updated. I also uninstalled all the drivers for every other device on this Windows box. I had three other audio device drivers installed but uninstalled them. There should be no driver conflicts.

Jul 6, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #535 of 787
@UELong sorry for the delay. I didn't try this yet. I am waiting for my Oppo 205 to show up and if that works then the problem is narrowed down to my Audiolab. If not, it would suggest a foobar or plugin issue. I'll update when I have any info. Thanks.

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #536 of 787

foo_out_asio 2.1.2
foobar2000 core 1.3.17

Thanks
I just reread your post, this time with my brain in circuit. Just didn't recognize the number you quoted. I usually see it as 705.6KHz. That's a .PCM multiple of 44,100Hz. That's not DSD. I think your DAC may not be able to decode 705.6. If you can arrow down in the preferences listbox to SACD, then check to see if its output is set to PCM or DSD, that might help.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #537 of 787
I just reread your post, this time with my brain in circuit. Just didn't recognize the number you quoted. I usually see it as 705.6KHz. That's a .PCM multiple of 44,100Hz. That's not DSD. I think your DAC may not be able to decode 705.6. If you can arrow down in the preferences listbox to SACD, then check to see if its output is set to PCM or DSD, that might help.

Thanks, it bothered me too and I couldn't put my finger on it. The doc on the Audiolab DAC refers to a version of Windows I don't have and to (very) old foobar2000 and it seems to contradict itself about what the settings actually required are. None of the settings screens are the same. I did try DSD and DSD+PCM and it didn't seem to have any influence. It is beyond difficult to find anybody who cares at Audiolab and I am beginning to think they made an incorrect or inaccurate statement in the doc. Their answer was to avoid foobar and try iRiver. But I am not interested in doing that, especially with no statement in the doc that only iRiver is supported and proof that it works.

I'll know more when the Oppo shows up. That is if people can confirm Oppo actually supports what it claims. Oppo's doc is pretty minimal on what formats it will play.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #538 of 787
Hi guys:
I now notice a new DSD problem. I have the new stable version of FB v1.4 with the DSD versions 1.1.0 for the new version of FB. DSD64 plays fine, but 128 and above does the old playing part of a song normally, while the counter on the status bar rips through the file in a few seconds. I'm using the Hugo2 with its Windows 7 driver. Has anyone noticed a similar problem, and/or can offer a solution?
Thanks in advance, of course.
Oops! I made a mistake. It reacts this way only through the Hugo2 at all DSD rates. If I play the track with my internal soundcard that can't reproduce DSD sound, the counter reacts normally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 26, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #539 of 787
Sorry, I have not tried a newer version. I believe my Oppo does play DSD256 fine btw, sorry I didn't update. I'll check again over the weekend, lately I have been playing mostly from dlna rather than foobar.

How are you liking your Hugo 2? :)

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #540 of 787
Sorry, I have not tried a newer version. I believe my Oppo does play DSD256 fine btw, sorry I didn't update. I'll check again over the weekend, lately I have been playing mostly from dlna rather than foobar.

How are you liking your Hugo 2? :)
I have to say I love it. It's much better than the Hugo1; a big improvement. I like anylitical sound. Not a 'warm' person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back