The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Jun 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #513 of 787
I tried my mojo on W10 with the asio driver and the driver is crappy and buggy.
Tracktor crashes on selekting the Mojo and foobar sometimes is able to to play but stops after a few secconds.

You might try the Asio4all driver to see if that's working better.
But my conclusion: the asio driver of chord electronics asio 1.05 sucks when running on Windows10.
On Win7 i had no problems with the driver

look into asio4all.
I tried it once and i was able to hookup my HDMI but the channel setup did not work.
I thought it would be nice to see if i could adres some individual speakers of my 5.1.4 system.
Maybe asio4all can adres the dac for you
At this rate, I may never go to 10; security issues be damned.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #516 of 787
Which might you say, was the allround best Windows platform?
I think XP was the most universal platform.
7 was ok but when it comes to audio win7 all ready lost it.

But pushing updates wich renders working solutions into garbage is the ultimate failure
And if someone would start a class act against MS i would donate a lot of money.

Sorry for the off-topic talk

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #517 of 787
I think XP was the most universal platform.
7 was ok but when it comes to audio win7 all ready lost it.

But pushing updates wich renders working solutions into garbage is the ultimate failure
And if someone would start a class act against MS i would donate a lot of money.

Sorry for the off-topic talk
Funny, I found that 7 did some of the things XP wasn't advanced enough for. i.e. DSD, which I kinda like. But, in general, XP was the best, I thought.

Jun 9, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #518 of 787
Got latest driver same bs. WASAPI works fine. No biggie since WASAPI is probably better anyways. In recording so I know it is really for multi chan recording buffer way too low. Playback may be better with WASAPI. ASIO on it does pass as bit perfect however. I tried 2 other good DACS plus a pro one and same bs. So it is not Chord. It is WIN10! This Os honestly blows. I think I am going to load server. Go figure Server has much tighter security. The exploits you should not be on the internet with this. Certainly not with edge. Problem is not any player or Chord or MSB or anyone except Microsoft! Seriously if you were doing anything mission critical IOS is not okay either have to use Linux. The problem is going to be a lot of people do not understand it. I mean I do just fine. Windows is more fun until you get butt jacked. I already have a resident Viri that I cannot eradicate. I am not worried because it is just a browser exploit I shut down each time. This is still crazy though. Do you know how many people are using this in the world? My bank uses it, Gee Whiz.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #519 of 787
Got latest driver same bs. WASAPI works fine. No biggie since WASAPI is probably better anyways. In recording so I know it is really for multi chan recording buffer way too low. Playback may be better with WASAPI. ASIO on it does pass as bit perfect however. I tried 2 other good DACS plus a pro one and same bs. So it is not Chord. It is WIN10! This Os honestly blows. I think I am going to load server. Go figure Server has much tighter security. The exploits you should not be on the internet with this. Certainly not with edge. Problem is not any player or Chord or MSB or anyone except Microsoft! Seriously if you were doing anything mission critical IOS is not okay either have to use Linux. The problem is going to be a lot of people do not understand it. I mean I do just fine. Windows is more fun until you get butt jacked. I already have a resident Viri that I cannot eradicate. I am not worried because it is just a browser exploit I shut down each time. This is still crazy though. Do you know how many people are using this in the world? My bank uses it, Gee Whiz.
Gee Whizz? (with a scoff) That's because Windows is built for people to use computers; not to design and upgrade. A computer is a tool to be used by the average person. Linux is for DIY'ers who have the knowledge for computers. I for one, use my machine for music enjoyment, not for the sake of the machine. Linux is an elitist platform for those who care about that stuff. Windows is supposed to be for people who need a job done. So are vacuum cleaners, dishwashers etc. If there are some vandals who love to infect computers out there, well, there are people who love to break into homes, smash windows.... I just won't be going to w10 anytime soon.

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #520 of 787
I found Night Mode in google chrome, opera, Music Folder Player, Acrobat Reader on the Android. Does night mode exist for foobar? I have default white version and it is just way to bright at night when there is no external lightning except for display.

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #521 of 787
You will need some skin. There are hundreds but many are quite complex to install. Unfortunately it does not have night/dark afaik built in. You could just turn down your backlight even during the day. It is easier on the eyes and makes the display last much longer. Like a display torched to 50% adds about 80,000 hours to it's lifetime if it is LED. Just an idea because skins with this can be pretty difficult. Or get Deskband and minimize it. If you need to run an ir remote then use Ghost. See, this is the only way like Jriver is better. Everything is built in. If you spend hours customizing I say Foobar is the best program for this task. Although I might try Winamp and Musicbee for the heck of it. Doubt they are as good but who knows. I paid for Jriver and HQplayer but I feel Foobar is better.

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #522 of 787
I found Night Mode in google chrome, opera, Music Folder Player, Acrobat Reader on the Android. Does night mode exist for foobar? I have default white version and it is just way to bright at night when there is no external lightning except for display.
the default foobar skin will follow whatever Windows theme you have(I'm captain obvious).
for the list of songs, library, and other stuff inside foobar's "boxes", the super easy solution is to go to 'file' -> 'preferences' and under 'display' -> 'colors and fonts' you just change the color of the font and set a black/darker background.

for more customization, you can see just a few examples of the actual possibilities here. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/whats-your-foobar2000-setup.556919/page-34
I'm the kind of guy to set windows to show Win98 theme, so I can't really help much with fancy eye candy. but I'm guessing Deviantart and places like that, still have creative dudes sharing their massive work for others to use and enjoy.

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #523 of 787
Well, I have another problem nagging me since day 1 with this. I cannot get MCE remote to work. Should just record in core application but does not. Ghost does not work nore MCEremote. Honestly I would be using Jriver as it is much easier. However to no avail will it play a certain FLAC stream I require. I know Jriver, easy. Just does not work. Could get remote functioning in Foobar would be completely satisfied. I do think it is the best sounding one even though they admit they all sound the same... I just need Play, Stop of all things to pull out my (no) hair over this! Any ideas? Some app I do not know of? Thanx

Jun 14, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #524 of 787
Well, I have another problem nagging me since day 1 with this. I cannot get MCE remote to work. Should just record in core application but does not. Ghost does not work nore MCEremote. Honestly I would be using Jriver as it is much easier. However to no avail will it play a certain FLAC stream I require. I know Jriver, easy. Just does not work. Could get remote functioning in Foobar would be completely satisfied. I do think it is the best sounding one even though they admit they all sound the same... I just need Play, Stop of all things to pull out my (no) hair over this! Any ideas? Some app I do not know of? Thanx

There is a pretty good Android remote app if you happen to use this platform: check the foobar2000 controller.
You'll get much more than start/stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back