The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,456 of 6,678
More controlled bass...titanium tubes trebles extend very nicely. As Suyama-san describe it, a shift more towards neutral.

For me the signature changed so much it's like another IEM altogether. Some of you may have noticed that I didn't write a review of the MH335DW when I had it back in March, but after this mod I'm sure I'll write one up. This has gotten me pumped.

You know I love you.

Got me excited to read about it already...

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #1,457 of 6,678
The upgrade 335s with the titanium really balances out the sound overall.

Wish I could have gotten it with the purchase.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #1,459 of 6,678
The upgrade 335s with the titanium really balances out the sound overall.

Wish I could have gotten it with the purchase.

Hi Skoog, sorry I missed you at the show. I asked FitEar (the other senior chap when Suyama-san's occupied) about whether new 335DW orders get the Studio Reference and unfortunately the answer is no. However I guess you could ask for an upgrade but that'll put you from the Y150,000 to the Y190,000 range.

I don't know about you though (and I don't mind saying this publicly 'cos I said the same thing in front of Suyama-san) that -this- is what I hoped the 335DW to sound like.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #1,460 of 6,678
Hi Skoog, sorry I missed you at the show. I asked FitEar (the other senior chap when Suyama-san's occupied) about whether new 335DW orders get the Studio Reference and unfortunately the answer is no. However I guess you could ask for an upgrade but that'll put you from the Y150,000 to the Y190,000 range.

I don't know about you though (and I don't mind saying this publicly 'cos I said the same thing in front of Suyama-san) that -this- is what I hoped the 335DW to sound like.

Yeah i heard you were there early in the AM. I didn't arrive until two pm.

I purchased the 335s today. I will get them enjoy what I have and look into the upgrade later.

But I agree the upgraded 335s really sounds amazing. I also gave the new JH Roxannes a test drive. Comparing the two the 335s still won out in overall detail. But still the JHs sounded nice.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #1,461 of 6,678
I purchased the 335s today. I will get them enjoy what I have and look into the upgrade later.

But I agree it really sounds amazing. I Aldo gave the new JH Roxannes a test drive. Comparing the rei the 335s still won out in overall detail. But still the JHs sounded nice.

Same here. I felt the Roxannes excelled in a different wayin their highs but somewhat still warmer than the MH335DWSR. Because I already have the MH335DW, it'll be natural for me to just go for the SR.

I somehow though like the Roxanne sound more in in a headphone than IEM. That's just personal preference.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,463 of 6,678
I'm really glad that I went to this festival today!
Now I can say that the MH335DW with the upgrade is the one that I'll get !
now I'm curious as how much further will a cable upgrade improve this phone!

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #1,464 of 6,678
I was looking to book ear impressions next week. Jaben unable to offer the studio ref upgrade as not yet available.

For someone only ever heard a demo version and really liked them should i go ahead and order (along with 000 cable) or wait a bit and see if the upgrade is available soon?

I guess I wonder if you need the reference point of owning and knowing sound signature well to appreciate the upgrade.

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #1,465 of 6,678
I was looking to book ear impressions next week. Jaben unable to offer the studio ref upgrade as not yet available.

For someone only ever heard a demo version and really liked them should i go ahead and order (along with 000 cable) or wait a bit and see if the upgrade is available soon?

I guess I wonder if you need the reference point of owning and knowing sound signature well to appreciate the upgrade.

AnakChan can chime in as he spoke directly with a FitEar rep at the show today. And if you look at previous posts he has already mentioned some of the answers to your question. Like the upgrade is not available yet. When we do not know.

As for eventually doing it through Jaben and not directly Fitear, it is my understanding, and other correct me if  I am wrong, but Fitear needs to look at the individual customs and the canal to see if it can be done. So I would venture to say only if you get it done by Fitear directly. Again others may have more details.

I for one went ahead and ordered a pair already knowing that the upgrades may not happen right away and besides. I want to just enjoy what I have and look forward to the upgrade later.

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,467 of 6,678
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,468 of 6,678
@AnakChan please tell me the sound impression of FitEar 335DWSR VS JH Roxxane :D

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #1,469 of 6,678
If they had any CanalWorks on site, I'd be curious about comparisons (at least in terms of how they look side by side, don't expect anything more than that) as well.

@Totallybusted - Actually he let out some Roxanne impressions on the Roxanne thread, if you haven't read those yet...

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #1,470 of 6,678
what is the difference of the new and old faceplate, it seems that the old faceplate has a higher price than the new faceplate, why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back