Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 23

post #331 of 6853

I was told they keep them for about a year, as I recall, due to mold shrinkage and possible changes to your canal...

 

Not sure about the sending yours in thing, they could scan them I suppose, but like was said, easy as a call or email.

 

I emailed them last night and got a quick response last night. They told me nothing ships till the end of November. More info to come in a week or so.


Edited by bearFNF - 10/25/13 at 3:37pm
post #332 of 6853

I thought they scanned the molds and kept the data.  I wouldn't trust the molds after a year, I'd have to make new ones.

post #333 of 6853
Read my post email Caleb he will give you the correct answers you guys are looking for.
post #334 of 6853

If you're going to spend $1,600 - $1,800 bucks, why would you even bother risking sub-standard fit?

 

Just do it properly, get some nice new ear impressions and have done with it. Happy days...

post #335 of 6853

I got bad dreams and nightmares about the last audiologist I went to.  He wouldn't let me use a bite block and was vehemently against it.  He was the only one available, the other ones were mysteriously booked for half a year.  I didn't know audiologists had THAT much business. 

post #336 of 6853

"Ambient" means it doesn't completely isolate (from the audience). Many performers prefer that.

post #337 of 6853

may be here is finally my perfect Westone ES3X upgrade path !  :-)    But will it be as good ad the 1plus2 universal ? ?

post #338 of 6853

I had a chance to try the Roxanne today (universal version, not JH's as pictured). I think the main factor that grabbed me about this was how well the trebles extended (very naturally I might add!!) and opens up in a really nice spacious way. Not only are the trebles presented in a airy way but really refined too. At least for me, the trebles didn't grab me by being forward but instead by excelling in the airness and spaciousness of it's treble extension.

 

The mids were also quite lush and rich as with some of the IEMs i've had but also in contrast to some of the other IEMs I own.

 

JH spent a decent proportion of his time to explaining the concepts of the Roxanne.

 

We even had other makers asking, "Have you checked out the Roxanne in the JH exhibit!?"....that's generally a good sign.

 

post #339 of 6853

:popcorn:

post #340 of 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

I had a chance to try the Roxanne today (universal version, not JH's as pictured). I think the main factor that grabbed me about this was how well the trebles extended (very naturally I might add!!) and opens up in a really nice spacious way. Not only are the trebles presented in a airy way but really refined too. At least for me, the trebles didn't grab me by being forward but instead by excelling in the airness and spaciousness of it's treble extension.

 

The mids were also quite lush and rich as with some of the IEMs i've had but also in contrast to some of the other IEMs I own.

 

JH spent a decent proportion of his time to explaining the concepts of the Roxanne.

 

We even had other makers asking, "Have you checked out the Roxanne in the JH exhibit!?"....that's generally a good sign.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

What are your thoughts on it versus the 1plus2 + uber?

post #341 of 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

What are your thoughts on it versus the 1plus2 + uber?
This...and if you could also give your thoughts vs. 335 revised...in more details than on the Fitear thread. These are both on my shopping list and I need to prioritize.
post #342 of 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamz View Post

For me normal shell.
Nothing beats gitzo's carbon fibre weaves until JH is no that level.
Don't count me in for full carbon shell.

 

This logic is essentially saying you wouldn't get an Audi R8 because it's not as good as its Lamborghini counterpart, so you'd rather get a Honda. Uhh...

 

With your argument essentially yes,

Yet your interpretation is totally wrong. I'm simply trying to say that I own an Audi R8 and I demand that a brand spanking new Lamborghini to be better in order to buy it.

If they can not do it I simply buy a honda and happily have more money left in my savings.

 

back to the topic.... with the price of Roxxan and a stupid tripod is about the same....

it is logical that one should expect a same quality of craftsmanship and stunning looks.

a same materials for a top of the line market, I don't see why they can not make it look better that that current Carbon Fibre the JH got

 

Check out a carbon fibre of gitzo out then looks at what we got on our CIEM you'll know what I mean.


Edited by Tamz - 10/26/13 at 1:08pm
post #343 of 6853

I do admit that I am a bit disappointed in the siren series CF offerings.  And I'm also a bit disappointed in their color accuracy in general (the color on their website looks nothing like in real life).  But I can live with it because their sound is awesome.

post #344 of 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post
 

I do admit that I am a bit disappointed in the siren series CF offerings.  And I'm also a bit disappointed in their color accuracy in general (the color on their website looks nothing like in real life).  But I can live with it because their sound is awesome.

I find the colours of my JH13 are pretty close to what I saw on my monitor.  It could be yours needs to be calibrated.  On the other hand my UM 3DD is far from what I expected based on the colours used on their site.

post #345 of 6853
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post
 

I do admit that I am a bit disappointed in the siren series CF offerings.  And I'm also a bit disappointed in their color accuracy in general (the color on their website looks nothing like in real life).  But I can live with it because their sound is awesome.

 

Color is VERY varied depending on the monitor you have.. most people's monitors colors are nowhere close to accurate, that's not JH Audio's fault. I have to deal with that crap all the time as a photographer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"