The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,276 of 6,678
which moon audio cable that is best for fitear? SQ wise

Tim, I forget what fitear model you have. It depends. For my TG 334, I use the SD because it tightens up the bass while giving more details to the mids and treble. I use the BD with my 435 for its smoothness while keeping the brightness in control. I also use the SD with 435 when for acoustic vocals when I want added detail retrieval.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,278 of 6,678
Oct 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #1,279 of 6,678
good, All of my attempted contacts with FitEar so far have gone unanswered unfortunately.thanks
33.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,281 of 6,678
Well, it's probably as big of a difference as a cable can be. But personally, seeing how the 000 is even more stiff than the 001 cable, I wouldn't get it.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #1,282 of 6,678
Hey anyone in Tokyo this month, Fujiya Avic is having a Headphone festival with CIEMs on sale along with free (I believe) ear molds onsite.

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/user_data/headphone_fes_sale.php

Not sure what kind of discount there will be on the FitEar CIEMs, but I know there will be. I'm pulling the trigger on the custom MH335DWs myself.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,284 of 6,678
Guys, quick question,is there any way I could sell my 335DW?

Why you cannot get anymore top of the line than the 335s?

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,286 of 6,678
Guys, quick question,is there any way I could sell my 335DW?

FitEar customs have NO reshell value. As a owner of a MH335DW yourself, take a look closely at your customs. It's filled with acrylic isn't it?  

You really should take more consideration before purchasing it. You just have to live with it.

Personally also felt that the bass of the 335DW is too overwhelming. The 334 has the perfect bass quantity for my preference.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #1,287 of 6,678

FitEar customs have NO reshell value. As a owner of a MH335DW yourself, take a look closely at your customs. It's filled with acrylic isn't it?  

You really should take more consideration before purchasing it. You just have to live with it.

Personally also felt that the bass of the 335DW is too overwhelming. The 334 has the perfect bass quantity for my preference.

In e-earphone, a retail and online store in Tokyo, has had FitEar CIEMs in the past. I actually asked them what's the point since FitEar wouldn't reshell an IEM for another owner (i.e. not transferable) but the e-earphone sales staff said that other 3rd party such as Rooth or Unique Melody would. e-earphone are also representatives of Rooth and Unique Melody.

However resale value is -very- low. The MH335DW 2nd hand as listed at approx USD$650.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #1,288 of 6,678

In e-earphone, a retail and online store in Tokyo, has had FitEar CIEMs in the past. I actually asked them what's the point since FitEar wouldn't reshell an IEM for another owner (i.e. not transferable) but the e-earphone sales staff said that other 3rd party such as Rooth or Unique Melody would. e-earphone are also representatives of Rooth and Unique Melody.

However resale value is -very- low. The MH335DW 2nd hand as listed at approx USD$650.

Is it possible to extract FitEar drivers for a reshell? Personally It's like taking extracting a spade from hardened concrete.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #1,289 of 6,678
Is it possible to extract FitEar drivers for a reshell? Personally It's like taking extracting a spade from hardened concrete.
If e-earphone is selling 2nd hand FitEars & offering reshell with Rooths & Unique Melody, I guess it is possible to extract.

Note that even after a FitEar CIEM is made "some basic work can be done internally" without having to break the shell & nor reshell required. Unfortunately I'm limited in what I can say about this.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #1,290 of 6,678
I went to Jaben this week-end with my UM Merlin to try out other CIEMS...

JH13Pro was very detailed and transparent, but a bit too bright for my taste. 
JH16pro has immense energy but was wayyy too boomy and in-your-face.
Both were good in their own style but the improvement over my Merlin was not obvious.

then... I was given two FitEar demos. I knew the brand because of their super-expensive universal model, but never listened to it before or read about it. Impressions:

"435": absolutely aweful. Very, very dark and veiled, very dry mids, almost no treble. Yuck! I strongly suspect this model was damaged. 

"335": absolutely wonderful. I struggled to get a seal because the demo was made from a custom shell. Pushing the two tubes into my ear canals, and wrapping my ears canals around them (you should have seen me) I was in paradise. Never heard a presentation so smooth, so emotional... The bass was super rich and organic, the voices smooth as honey, and the treble just perfect. For the first time with IEMs I had the feeling to listen to a pair of high-end floor-standing speakers...

Was I under a spell? I definitely need to listen to them again. I wish they had Jaben in the Philippines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back