The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,291 of 6,678
FitEar customs have NO reshell value. As a owner of a MH335DW yourself, take a look closely at your customs. It's filled with acrylic isn't it?  

You really should take more consideration before purchasing it. You just have to live with it.

Personally also felt that the bass of the 335DW is too overwhelming. The 334 has the perfect bass quantity for my preference.

Too bad Fitear doesn't offer reshell service esp. for such an expensive product. Changed my order from mh334 to mh335 last minute just because I thought the mh334 would be kinda overlap with my Togo 334. Should have stuck with 334...
I also emailed fitear to check if it is possible to switch to mh334 with an extra cost, but the response is far from helpful. They simply asked me to speak to my dealer, but the fact was I tried to reach the manufacturer directly because I've already got a NO from dealer already.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #1,293 of 6,678
Interesting, this is exactly what my friend said when he demoed it at Fujiya. When he went to the PortaFes Summer , it became exactly opposite of what he heard. So it might be damaged :)

Quote:

"435": absolutely aweful. Very, very dark and veiled, very dry mids, almost no treble. Yuck! I strongly suspect this model was damaged. 

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,294 of 6,678
"335": absolutely wonderful. I struggled to get a seal because the demo was made from a custom shell. Pushing the two tubes into my ear canals, and wrapping my ears canals around them (you should have seen me) I was in paradise. Never heard a presentation so smooth, so emotional... The bass was super rich and organic, the voices smooth as honey, and the treble just perfect. For the first time with IEMs I had the feeling to listen to a pair of high-end floor-standing speakers...
+1
But after 2 month of receive 335 , I've still been waiting for my 000 cable.+(.
I don't know which come first Toxic SW or 000.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #1,295 of 6,678
If anything is to be branded "end game" for their sheer listening pleasure, the MH334 and MH335DW are the one I will brand it in the CIEM world. They are relatively neutral but it is never harsh, unlike the UE IERM and a lot sweeter than the JH13. JH13 and UE IERM I still find them top notch but for just listening to music, the enjoyment from the 334 and 335 are just on another level IMO. Those mids are magic.

Loving your chest hammering sledgehammered by the bass? 335 does it well without messing up the rest of the spectrum. Didn't like the elevated bass? 334 fits in just fine without losing hard hitting and speedy bass.

It is fun for everyone. :p

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,296 of 6,678
I have tried the demoes for both 435 and 335DW at Jaben

My personal opinion is that the 435 is the best CIEM I've ever heard
It's clearer, yet sweeter than my Miracle and the demo JH13FP I heard at the local Mook Festival

335DW, however, has such overwhelming bass, it bled right into the mids and treble for me
Simply awful

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #1,297 of 6,678

It's clearer, yet sweeter than my Miracle and the demo JH13FP I heard at the local Mook Festival

335DW, however, has such overwhelming bass, it bled right into the mids and treble for me
Simply awful

+1 Reason why I got the 435 instead of 335DW.

Treble > Bass

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #1,298 of 6,678
Does treble also include the higher frequencies of the vocal region? Sorry, I'm getting my frequencies mixed up.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,299 of 6,678

Simply awful
Hmmm....somehow when you paint a picture of the MH335DW like that, it makes me think of the older B3ats headphones where the bass is boomy.

To me although I've found the MH335DW warm, I wouldn't really call it boomy, nor bass "bleeds into the trebles". Maybe we have a difference in terminology in this respect.

Back to the MH335DW, I do find it quite warm and there is a lot of bass but to my ears at least, rather textured bass. I personally do think cabling can tweak the MH335DW to make the most out of the IEM & control that bass at different levels.

Granted that the MH335DW aren't a generic-for-all-genre earphone but for those genre it's suited for, it does it very well.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #1,300 of 6,678
Hmmm....somehow when you paint a picture of the MH335DW like that, it makes me think of the older B3ats headphones where the bass is boomy.

To me although I've found the MH335DW warm, I wouldn't really call it boomy, nor bass "bleeds into the trebles". Maybe we have a difference in terminology in this respect.

Back to the MH335DW, I do find it quite warm and there is a lot of bass but to my ears at least, rather textured bass. I personally do think cabling can tweak the MH335DW to make the most out of the IEM & control that bass at different levels.

Granted that the MH335DW aren't a generic-for-all-genre earphone but for those genre it's suited for, it does it very well.

I have to second "the bass bleeding into the mids" part, that's exactly what it sounds to me compared with Togo 334s. The mids of 334s is just more pure, more focused while being as rich and lush. This issue with 335 is fine for classical music but for vocals, it really becomes an issue to my ears.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #1,301 of 6,678
IMO the TG334 is still the ultimate all-rounder for FitEar IEM. The C435 is extremely airy, treble emphasized, to most people it sounds "dry". Whereas the MH335DW is "fun" sounding iem. emphasized more on bass and lesser on the treble, It's more suitable for pop/rock music etc.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #1,302 of 6,678
Personally. Bass quantity of the 334 is at the maximum for me for the Fitear line. the 335DW is too much for my genre preference.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #1,303 of 6,678
I have to second "the bass bleeding into the mids" part, that's exactly what it sounds to me compared with Togo 334s. The mids of 334s is just more pure, more focused while being as rich and lush. This issue with 335 is fine for classic music but for vocals, it really becomes an issue to my ears.

I actually like the 335 for vocals (not so much for classical). Wait, what kinda vocals? For me, an example of where I like the 335 are for the Best Audiophile Voices series. I don't like the 335s for the Kenny Loggins soundtracks (i.e. Top Gun, Footloose) nor do I like the 335 for more modern vocals (Lana Del Rey, Adele). But for the Best Audiophile Voices, or for Chris Botti, I do like the 335 quite a bit.

The TG!334 to me expands on genre more but still not a generic IEM.

BTW, I should qualify that my thoughts of the 335 to date have been primarily off the Tralucent Silver/Gold cable.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,304 of 6,678
Another problem of the 335s is the treble, which is rolled off significantly enough to make the whole presentation too laid back even a bit dull. Any recommendations on after market cable to tighten the bass and extend the highs? Thanks

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #1,305 of 6,678
Another problem of the 335s is the treble, which is rolled off significantly enough to make the whole presentation too laid back even a bit dull. Any recommendations on after market cable to tighten the bass and extent the high? Thanks

A few weeks back, MTTheFirst & myself dabbled around with cables from a few different makers (now that we're starting to see 3rd party cable makers for FitEar). Some of the pure silver OCC cables we tried did have the ability to extend the trebles more, however, to my opinion, not necessarily in a refined way. Maybe it was a lack of burn-in time or just a mismatch of cables-to-IEMs but the highs though extended, sounded somewhat "coarse".

The cables I have (on loan) now are the Tralucent Silver and Silver/Gold and to me the Silver/Gold does control the highs a little better (although not as extended as some of the aforementioned silver OCC, but more so than the FitEar 000 or 001 cables) and a nicer texture to the bass. The price of the Tralucent Silver/Gold though is quite pricey (I'm guessing between the $600-$800 range).

The other brand that caught our eye is the Toxic Cables Virus which although wasn't (to my ears) at the Tralucent Silver/Gold level but quite close for about 1/2 the price. Just like anything else in audio components, law of diminishing returns apply to cables too. MTheFirst now has Toxic Cable's TotL Silver Widow of which I hope to get my hands on in the next few days to compare it against the Tralucent Silver/Gold.

Bear in mind that all this is opening up a can of worms of whether spending so much is "worth it" or not - that's up to each individual. Personally for me, in trying out various cables for the MH335DW, I personally feel there's still potential in this IEM. The only question is how far am I prepared to go (or maybe "spend" would be a better word?) to see what I can squeeze out of the MH335DW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back