The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,201 of 6,678
Quote:
Also, by 2015, there will most likely be a new model of customs out which could be better than the 335

Is this an inside scoop? 

Because apparently we have Mr. Suyama on the thread who can totally bust you for this. Just look at some of the recent custom titles.

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #1,202 of 6,678
Quote:
Is this an inside scoop? 

Because apparently we have Mr. Suyama on the thread who can totally bust you for this. Just look at some of the recent custom titles.

no, not an inside scoop. just a calculated guess :) 2015 is two years away. if FitEar doesn't come out with something new by that time, they would cease to be a hot topic here. they wouldn't want that, right?

if you were the owner of FitEar and you have successfully created a name for your company as one of the best C/IEM makers in the world, you would want to keep that status. Going two years without improving your product, while others around you continue to improve, would not be a sound business decision.

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,204 of 6,678
Well, the other side of it is that there are some companies out there who just love pushing out new arbitrary "updates" all the time.

I'm actually curious as to which of their markets, their professional or their enthusiasts, are the bigger earners. I'd reckon it'd be the former though, as they had been, and still are for the most part, situated in a very local market, and you can probably garner from their webpage what their primary target is. Then you factor in the pricing, the actual design (the cable connectors, and the novel way to remove them with the protrusion all seems fairly aimed at professionals) and the high-profile, high-volume clients. It's what got them started off and it's hard to see that changing anytime.

On the flip side, their UIEMs are aimed at consumers, and they've been selling those at much greater volume than the customs it seems (I can't get a exact source but from various comments and if you take note of their actions that seems to be the case)...in that sense/market I guess they'd have to continously pump out newer, shinier stuff. The pressure's on them, but they don't, and they shouldn't, have to pigeonhold themselves into that sort of release model if it's detrimental to both the maker and the consumer. Let's just hope that they don't run out of steam.

And technically, there has been a "higher-model" release in the form of the fabled 668. Perhaps they'd finally see the public light of day and finally usurp those crusty, wretched old models. A competitor to that rumored new JH flagship might make sense.

But frankly the old stuff has been held in a positive light to some of the new offerings, so I'd take that over anything else.

Think about it - the newer they get, the shinier they get, and they'd just become a safety hazard. Car accidents in Tokyo would increase exponentially because these fangled audiophiles start wearing these ultra-diamond-coated FitEars MH889 Refraction Editions out in public all the time. It'd be a disaster. Millions of lives lost, billions in damages. The government would have to step in and outlaw earphones. The shunned japanese now-closet head-fiers will begin a mass exodus to other, more audio-welcoming countries. The economy will plummet because half the darned remaining population are those fangled audiophools who were wearing these things in the first place. Finally, Japan collapses.

All because people wanted newer models. Will you live with that in your conscience?

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #1,205 of 6,678
owwwkayy...... lets get back to the topic of appreciating FitEar CIEMs :)

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #1,206 of 6,678
Well with that lackluster of a response people will just naturally assume I'm crazy. And I can't stress the number of times my doctors had to come in to my grocery store in order to convince the workers there otherwise.

And really, an appreciation thread isn't simply beheld to nothing but circlejerking praise and adoration of the object in question. Appreciation, for all that it's worth, means that one appreciates both the faults and the highlights of the object. Inevitably this preludes to discussion of topics revolving around the object, not limiting to the object itself. As you might have seen from reading, there are a good portion of people on this thread, and on any appreciation thread, who have not had the opportunity to hear or experience said object but are still able to garner some discussion around it, whether it be about.asking for the subjective impressions of users (because guess what, the thread is also an impressions thread), or to discuss the company at hand.

So I do fail to see how the previous talk warranted a redirection back to the "primary topic. And now that I've forgotten about the original point entirely...well I am a little embarassed.

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #1,208 of 6,678
Crystal Piccolino hmm, I wonder about the price tag on that. :p

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,209 of 6,678
Quote:
Hey guys, have any of you tried the 335 or 435 with 901 balanced? Anakchan? VZ?

Sorry...my FitEar balanced cable is terminated with Kobiconn, not TRRS. So I have listened to balance with the CLAS + Rx Mk3 but not with the 901. I'm gonna be honest that personally I'm not such a believer of balancing BAs (or multi-BAs for that matter) and think headphones benefit more. Having said that I feel some hybrid IEMs do benefit.

Reason? I don't know why. All I see is a trend with the various gear i own.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #1,214 of 6,678
Do you like the jh13 more or just different flavors?

Definitely different flavors. 335 is encompassing 3d but small soundstage. The JH13 is beautiful for the soundstage and imaging of instruments (which is whatI look for). My PRM I'm still figuring out HAHA.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #1,215 of 6,678
Quote:
Crystal Piccolino hmm, I wonder about the price tag on that. :p

Piccolino is currently priced at £410 for Fitear cables, little less for standard Westone plug ones.

Quote:

Is it possible to have the translucent black sleeving Scorpion with OM FitEar connectors?

Hopefully within the next 4-6 weeks, for now i only sent the Poison and clear Scorpion to the overmolder and expect to take delivery of the Poison with the OM connectors tomorrow. Will post some pictures of them in the next couple of days.

I do have the Black Widow available now for IEM cables also.

Just took delivery of the OM Silver Poison and quickly made this up,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back