The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #932 of 6,678
Off topic: I was swapping cables among the 435 and 335dw and my 333s while i was at jaben sg yesterday, all are usable without issues.

Gavin could you see if its the same for you? I'd prefer the L-jack instead of the default straights on the 333

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #933 of 6,678
Quote:
Off topic: I was swapping cables among the 435 and 335dw and my 333s while i was at jaben sg yesterday, all are usable without issues.

Gavin could you see if its the same for you? I'd prefer the L-jack instead of the default straights on the 333

Right angle is the C435 silver cable 004? Or the black 003 of the F111

Otherwise the rest is Oyaide gold plated 002, 001 and 000 cables....................

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #934 of 6,678
Quote:

Choices
size]

haha , Fitear addicted :wink:)

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #935 of 6,678
Right angle is the C435 silver cable 004? Or the black 003 of the F111

Otherwise the rest is Oyaide gold plated 002, 001 and 000 cables....................

The ones I was swapping with is the 003 and 001. Is there much difference in the size of the housing for the pins?

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #936 of 6,678
Quote:

Choices
size]

DA-HELL MAN!!, you should move to Japan and get some of the Monet and Pro Audio Series.

by the way, is that AK120?

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #941 of 6,678
My first introduction to custom IEM was with Fit-Ear.com at the Surgis motorcycle rally in 2010.
I have been looking for rewiews on their products now and then, but couldn't really find any except on their own web page.
Then I find fitear here on headfi......

I tried there 1ba, 2ba, 3ba and 5 ba model (all made to fit inside a full face helmet).
They where all good, but the 3ba model wreally got my attention. And then I tried the 3 ba with extra base..... I think I was Smiling from ear to ear...
Then finally I tried the 5 ba model, it was like sitting inside the studio. I had newer heard anything like this before. I was thinking that I wished I had some good classical tracks of a big orchestra to listen to, as it would have been like I was there...(and I don't really like classical music)...
The only reason I dident order a set there and then was the 1400 usd price tag..it would have made a big impact on my wacation budget..
Fit-Ear claims that there is no better monitor awaileble...... So do anyone know abaut any rewiews on The Q 5 drive from Fit-Ear?

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #942 of 6,678
Quote:
My first introduction to custom IEM was with Fit-Ear.com at the Surgis motorcycle rally in 2010.
I have been looking for rewiews on their products now and then, but couldn't really find any except on their own web page.

I tried there 1ba, 2ba, 3ba and 5 ba model (all made to fit inside a full face helmet).
They where all good, but the 3ba model wreally got my attention. And then I tried the 3 ba with extra base..... I think I was Smiling from ear to ear...
Then finally I tried the 5 ba model, it was like sitting inside the studio. I had newer heard anything like this before. I was thinking that I wished I had some good classical tracks of a big orchestra to listen to, as it would have been like I was there...(and I don't really like classical music)...
The only reason I dident order a set there and then was the 1400 usd price tag..it would have made a big impact on my wacation budget..
Fit-Ear claims that there is no better monitor awaileble...... So do anyone know abaut any rewiews on The Q 5 drive from Fit-Ear?

I think this is different "Fit-Ear" CIEM from yours. There are two companies that use this name. One is in US and they make custom for motorcycle. The other is in Japan and that is what we discuss in this thread.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #943 of 6,678

This indeed a different brand. But Average Joe has the Fit-Ear Ps5 you are talking about and reviewed it or will review it soon. He puts it in the top.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #944 of 6,678
FYI: over the weekend I popped by e-earphone in Akihabara. I can't remember if someone asked me in PMs or if it was a post in this thread that the question was if FitEar does re-shelling of their own products especially when e-earphone has 2nd hand/used C435's/333's.

Talking to the e-earphone sales, the answer is "No, FitEar does not re-shell". So those C435/333's have to be re-shelled by 3rd party shell makers such as Rooth or UM. So hopefully this clarifies their stance of selling used FitEar CIEMs.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #945 of 6,678
Quote:
FYI: over the weekend I popped by e-earphone in Akihabara. I can't remember if someone asked me in PMs or if it was a post in this thread that the question was if FitEar does re-shelling of their own products especially when e-earphone has 2nd hand/used C435's/333's.

Talking to the e-earphone sales, the answer is "No, FitEar does not re-shell". So those C435/333's have to be re-shelled by 3rd party shell makers such as Rooth or UM. So hopefully this clarifies their stance of selling used FitEar CIEMs.

Would those reshells change the original sound much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back