The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #571 of 6,678
Quote:
I'm also unsure about which CIEM I'd like.
The SE5 does seem to suit my sound preferences, but the 334s are also really good, and if the 335DWs can improve on them (plus, the build quality of the FitEars are unmatched in my view)...

I'm probably only going to get one CIEM, so I have to choose wisely.
Will also have to overcome my aversion to CIEMs, which the short canals of the FitEars will aid.

Could anyone tell me how much longer the MH335DW's canals enter into our ears compared to the TG!334s with a single flange (Ortofon) tip?

Probably the same or just a tad longer................

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #573 of 6,678
000 anyone?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/660223/fitear-000-iem-cable-mint-condition

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #576 of 6,678
I just had a 15 hr trip (19hrs door to door) & luckily the little one slept in the bassinet for most of the trip, I got some head time.

Maybe going away with only the MH335DW & SigDJ that I got accustomed to the sound but the MH335DW sounded absolutely phenomenal during the flight. I'm wondering if I just had a very good ear day or cabin pressure makes a difference. My only DAP with me was my RWAK100.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #580 of 6,678
Quote:
You weren't getting the air vacuum seal on the plane, my guess would be......

Would this be possible?

That could be. Not tried this morning yet (back home).

BTW, got another album recommendation for the MH335DW. "This is Chris" by Chris Botti. Some of the recordings are live (presumably from the Live in Boston album but not certain). Really nice despite some imperfections in the recordings - in fact the imperfections gives the track character.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #581 of 6,678
Well I will receive the SE5 in 10 days and I can compare it with the Miracles if that helps you (because you have the PP6). My friend spkrs01 (on this thread) will receive his SE5 at the same time and he may tell you how they compare with the 335. Only Tupac owns (apart from Joe) owns both the NT6 Pro and SE5 and he agrees with Joe on their differences...

I think in the end I will have the 3. I might go to Korea on a weekend to get NT6-PRO

PS: if you do impression for the SE5, do them CLOSED MOUTH and as deep as possible.

def. interested in the comparison of SE5 and 335, up for a pair of SE5...

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #582 of 6,678
Quick question: For those that ordered from outside Japan (particularly from Jaben HK), how long did it take to receive the MH335DW?

I ordered on Monday and I'm already getting impatient!

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #583 of 6,678
Quote:
Quick question: For those that ordered from outside Japan (particularly from Jaben HK), how long did it take to receive the MH335DW?

Well, with any CIEM maker I feel that you're in for a few weeks of waiting unless you're special/paid for a rush order.
With Hong Kong and Japan being pretty nearby I'd estimate about a month/a month and a half until you get your CIEMs, although I'm not so sure since I don't know how quickly FitEar works.
Just basing my guess on my previous CIEM buying experience with JHAudio.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #584 of 6,678
Quote:

It took them 20 days between making ear impression and delivery at my door step.  This is the case if you are in japan. I know some one who order it from Thailand through Jaben Thailand and it took them about 6 weeks.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #585 of 6,678
Quote:
It took them 20 days between making ear impression and delivery at my door step.  This is the case if you are in japan. I know some one who order it from Thailand through Jaben Thailand and it took them about 6 weeks.

If you, for example, took a trip to Japan and ordered the Fitears. Is it possible to request a rush order of some sort for an extra cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back