The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #541 of 6,694
This thread is very interesting and at this point I am confused as to the makeing of the CIEM.

Is there more then one place that fit ear makes there IEM,S . How can someone post picks of a small shallow almost ring at the end and others they look like all other CIEM,s made given a little variation in depth. I intend to buy these in the near future but do not want to go to Japan to get them . I know this is not fitear or anyone here,s problem but I would like an answer to this from fitear , not just someone's pics of what they say is thre real product. I'm thinking somebody has a fake CIEM ??? .

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #542 of 6,694
Quote:
This thread is very interesting and at this point I am confused as to the makeing of the CIEM.

Is there more then one place that fit ear makes there IEM,S . How can someone post picks of a small shallow almost ring at the end and others they look like all other CIEM,s made given a little variation in depth. I intend to buy these in the near future but do not want to go to Japan to get them . I know this is not fitear or anyone here,s problem but I would like an answer to this from fitear , not just someone's pics of what they say is thre real product. I'm thinking somebody has a fake CIEM ??? .

FitEar doesn't do much internationally re: CIEMs. They do, but I think the prices are a fair bit higher unless you chance upon some mass order of sorts. 

Regarding the variation in depth, that depends on a few factors. For example, your ear impressions may be shallow or deep. Further, even if you have deep ear impressions done, you may have requested for a shallow fit. So that could account for the variation in depth. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #543 of 6,694
Ok I follow what you are saying then the person posting picks of there two CIEM,s . Needs to clarify this matter here and now for this is really unnerving for me . I have requested a deep or musician fit and some IEM manufactures do it others like heir does not and there fit is deep.

Ty for replying though. The same person I beleave says he can move them around in there ears and not breast the seal but the sound changes drastically . Something just seems really wronge here.... Maybe they are used and he is just trying them or something . But I do understand the shape of ones ears makeing a difference . I read an post of someone who had very narrow ear canals and could not get three tubes and only had one. So you are correct for sure..

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #544 of 6,694
Quote:
Ok I follow what you are saying then the person posting picks of there two CIEM,s . Needs to clarify this matter here and now for this is really unnerving for me . I have requested a deep or musician fit and some IEM manufactures do it others like heir does not and there fit is deep.

Ty for replying though. The same person I beleave says he can move them around in there ears and not breast the seal but the sound changes drastically . Something just seems really wronge here.... Maybe they are used and he is just trying them or something . But I do understand the shape of ones ears makeing a difference . I read an post of someone who had very narrow ear canals and could not get three tubes and only had one. So you are correct for sure..

If you are referring to spkrs01 who has the latest image in this thread (see the top right where it says recent images in the thread), and his is the bigger picture i.e. where there are two CIEMs with different depths, the one on the left is the FitEar 335 and the one on the right is the Heir 8.A, so yes, they are two different IEM manufacturers. If that isn't the one you are referring to, then perhaps point me in the direction and maybe myself or someone else can help you.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #545 of 6,694
Yes that is the two I was referring to.
Wel though it appears both are. Narrow it concerns me of the comepletely different approach
In the fitting. I cannot say why as I am not a athority in this but if he is indeed havi g issues I. Sound. A refit with new molds is a must. I live In the USA and very much want them
And I can aquire them through the JABEN. Store I have emails from them.
I would get molds here and send to them. But wow this is scary 2400.00
Us when done is a lot of money

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #546 of 6,694
Quote:
Yes that is the two I was referring to.
Wel though it appears both are. Narrow it concerns me of the comepletely different approach
In the fitting. I cannot say why as I am not a athority in this but if he is indeed havi g issues I. Sound. A refit with new molds is a must. I live In the USA and very much want them
And I can aquire them through the JABEN. Store I have emails from them.
I would get molds here and send to them. But wow this is scary 2400.00
Us when done is a lot of money

Put it this way, for 2,400 USD, it is still cheaper where you are than where I am. Jaben here does it for approx. 2,800 USD. There was a mass order here recently for significantly less though.

As far as I know, spkrs01 is enjoying them immensely, especially the 335s :)

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #547 of 6,694
Quote:

FitEar has their own preferred way of doing ear impressions. They do not rely on the stem to create seal. They do not go pass the second bend. The stems are actually fairly lose inside the ear canals comparatively. They are designed this way to aid performers, there is a indent at the bottom of the earpiece to pull them out upwards quickly. 

So the only way to get them sitting properly is you need to lock them in with your mouth closed. The same as when you had the ear impressions done, they insisted on a closed mouth.

The result is one of the most comfortable customs available. They rely on the body to provide isolation. It works because the whole shell is filled/solid and the isolation it provides is incredible.................

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #548 of 6,694
I cannot say if the impressions they wantnismopen or closed mouth . As the Jansen store did not Recomend that to me . I first wanted to confirm they would do it . As for price HKD 17000

MH335 DW INCLUDEING SHIPPING TO USA .

Well thanks for the info always good to here other people's info .

AL.D.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #549 of 6,694
Quote:
I cannot say if the impressions they wantnismopen or closed mouth . As the Jansen store did not Recomend that to me . I first wanted to confirm they would do it . As for price HKD 17000

MH335 DW INCLUDEING SHIPPING TO USA .

Well thanks for the info always good to here other people's info .

AL.D.

My pleasure.

I bought my pair there and they did the impressions for me! I am quite sure they will inform you about the ear impressions, if you proceed with purchase..........

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #550 of 6,694
Yes I'm sure , most of my CIEM,S. we're requested open mouth. But we will see what they recommend . Again thanks for the good info and chatting .

Very cool to talk to people from other parts of the world and receive kindness
Look at my profile see what I own , ask any questions
AL.D

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #551 of 6,694
I thought I would post this picture here also. The finish of the MW335DW is truly stunning. The polishing and finish is literally perfect. 

You can also see the wedge cut out under the faceplate for quick release aiding performers. Such minute details, simply awesome!!!

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #553 of 6,694
If Jaben actually agrees to let you send in your own impressions (which is rare to my understanding), then I strongly recommend to follow their instructions for getting the impressions exactly. FitEar has a proprietary method that differs from other manufacturers' methods. Most want open mouth in my experience, a few closed mouth. FitEar however has you do a combination with some very specific movements. I'd definitely go to an experienced audiologist (one who will actually look over the impressions and scrutinize whether they turned out well or not) for the best impressions possible. Not all audiologists are equally skilled in that regard, and I've had some really bad experiences with audiologists who didn't know what they were doing.

As for the results, I've never had a pair of CIEMs fit so well before. The fit is stunningly nice.

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #554 of 6,694
Looks like a little red malformed alien hand is trying to grab your ak100.
I thought I would post this picture here also. The finish of the MW335DW is truly stunning. The polishing and finish is literally perfect. 

You can also see the wedge cut out under the faceplate for quick release aiding performers. Such minute details, simply awesome!!!

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #555 of 6,694
I agree that the build quality on these is just exquisite. My all-red shells are quite attractive IMHO, and I love the way the light refracts through them. The face plates just elevate the overall feel to another level.

Already thinking about a second pair: the C435 in all-blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back