The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #511 of 6,700
Quote:
Got my MH335DW in my ears now.

The fit is perfect. These are extremely comfortable, almost like a hybrid between customs and universals, but tailored to my ears like a glove. Sound is really nice. Just a quick comparo to the TO GO! 334 before I head out the door:

~> More focused sound, slightly more intimate presentation compared to TG! 334. Wont impress soundstage addicts. Imaging is phenomenal however.
~> Sound is clean, clean, clean. Wow. Not detecting any grain or roughness... smooth as can be, without sacrificing any detail.
~> Bass is much faster and better controlled compared to the TG! 334. Some people have described the bass as too much, but I'm not getting that. It's not a matter of my being more used to bass either I think, because I have other monitors to compare as a reference.
~> Dark signature, even more than the TG! 334, but not quite shelved LCD-2 level. Still sounds natural.
~> Mids are simply gorgeous as per FitEar.
~> I'm getting a better sense of space around me compared to the TG! 334 despite the tighter proximity, especially in front of me.
~> Some of the most effortless monitors I've ever heard.

I should also note that my pair has two bores instead of three. My ear canals are extremely straight and narrow, and FitEar uses a fixed width on their tubes. There are still three tubes for the drivers, but instead of continuing all the way, two of them merge into one about half way up the stem. My impressions seem to mirror Gavin's however, so I don't think it's affecting the sound perceptibly. Apparently FitEar even has some customers with ears so small they require a single bore.

MuppetFace

Very nice initial listening notes!

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #514 of 6,700
I bought a plain vanilla AK100 yesterday especially for the MH335DW. I am gobsmacked by the crazy synergy that the pairing has. It has really brought the MH335DW to life. There is so much more vibrancy to the overall sonics. It is better than any other source/amps that I have so far plugged the FitEars into. 

I am adoring this combination and think I am, at last, hearing how the MH335DW should sound
size]

More interestingly, I have been repeatedly told that the MH335DW does not need power, and that Suyama San designed the MH335DW for ultra portability. Well, after all, I have read that he listens with an iPod(?)

It has been quite a journey as I have never been interested in the AK100 and definitely had no intentions of buying one, but how glad I am now. I will be collecting the 000 cable tomorrow and am wondering whether it will add to the sonics for my preferences. I have been told and read that it adds a fuller/richer sound to the overall signature....

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #515 of 6,700
Quote:
I bought a plain vanilla AK100 yesterday especially for the MH335DW. I am gobsmacked by the crazy synergy that the pairing has. It has really brought the MH335DW to life. There is so much more vibrancy to the overall sonics. It is better than any other source/amps that I have so far plugged the FitEars into. 

I am adoring this combination and think I am, at last, hearing how the MH335DW should sound
size]

More interestingly, I have been repeatedly told that the MH335DW does not need power, and that Suyama San designed the MH335DW for ultra portability. Well, after all, I have read that he listens with an iPod(?)

It has been quite a journey as I have never been interested in the AK100 and definitely had no intentions of buying one, but how glad I am now. I will be collecting the 000 cable tomorrow and am wondering whether it will add to the sonics for my preferences. I have been told and read that it adds a fuller/richer sound to the overall signature....

Would you be sound kind as to comment if this synergy is there also with the 334/AK100?

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #518 of 6,700
Quote:
I've been mildly interested in the AK100, though I was waiting for the red version to be released. It would make for a nice pairing w/ my red MH335DW.

Congrats with those MF. They look smashing!

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #519 of 6,700
Quote:

size]

Rudi0504 has commented that the AK100 with a stage 2 mod provides a better synergy. Hope you have a chance to try.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #520 of 6,700
Quote:

Rudi0504 has commented that the AK100 with a stage 2 mod provides a better synergy. Hope you have a chance to try.

I have heard the AK100 Stage 1 Mod and enjoyed it very much. It was perhaps a little too impressive for me with the MH335DW and turn the presentation slightly HI Fi-ish.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #522 of 6,700
Would you be sound kind as to comment if this synergy is there also with the 334/AK100?

I do not have my 334 with me currently, it will still be a few more weeks before they return home....

Please hit us with a comment on the 334 thread when you get the chance.
Sorry for derailing.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #523 of 6,700
I pick up my 000 cable this morning from the post office and have been listening all day with the AK100.

First off, this is one powerful sounding cable, which is right up my alley and immediately noticeable :-

- Leading edges are much more apparent  
- Bass weight, tightness, solidity, texture, decay
- Dynamic contrast
- Significantly larger soundstage, especially depth
- Better definition of images
- Highs are more extended, with much better detail and portrayal of nuances
- Vocals are now so beautifully natural

The MH335DW is definitely a richer sounding IEM with the 000 cable compared to the 001 cable but the togetherness and the finesse is to die for
size]

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #524 of 6,700
Quote:
I pick up my 000 cable this morning from the post office and have been listening all day with the AK100.

First off, this is one powerful sounding cable, which is right up my alley and immediately noticeable :-

- Leading edges are much more apparent  
- Bass weight, tightness, solidity, texture, decay
- Dynamic contrast
- Significantly larger soundstage, especially depth
- Better definition of images
- Highs are more extended, with much better detail and portrayal of nuances
- Vocals are now so beautifully natural

The MH335DW is definitely a richer sounding IEM with the 000 cable compared to the 001 cable but the togetherness and the finesse is to die for
size]

How does the MH335DW sound off your DX100 (or off a device that's got a < 1 ohm impedance)?
asdf
Re: - Significantly larger soundstage, especially depth

Ah, nickif & I were PM-ing & I was wondering why we weren't hearing the same thing about the soundstage...I completely forgot that I have the 000 by default.

By the way, how do you like the "light sabre" twang to the 000 microphonics? I'm still amused by it despite having the 000 for so long.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #525 of 6,700
Quote:

How does the MH335DW sound off your DX100 (or off a device that's got a < 1 ohm impedance)?
asdf
Re: - Significantly larger soundstage, especially depth

Ah, nickif & I were PM-ing & I was wondering why we weren't hearing the same thing about the soundstage...I completely forgot that I have the 000 by default.

By the way, how do you like the "light sabre" twang to the 000 microphonics? I'm still amused by it despite having the 000 for so long.

Dark and closed in, very heavy sounding, not much sparkle...very POLITE

It is still relatively chilly in Hong Kong so I have the cable underneath a jersey and that makes it fine for me at the moment.....BUT it is actually a pretty thick solid core cable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back