The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #4,861 of 6,673
Thanks a lot, mate, this helps a tonnes. Seems like their price went up slightly since the last time I checked. By the way, do they charge any for making the ear impression?
Yeah they do unfortunately, it's ¥5000, but the fit on my 335dw is amazing. If you don't speak any Japanese Fitear Ginza will make you bring an translator. I only dealed with them when I got the SR mod.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #4,862 of 6,673

I guess I will be having a residence card, so, it is not so much of an issue, unless they wanted PR, then I will have no choice. Still, thanks a lot for the tips. I reckon the ginza store could accept walk-in, provided we make an appointment at least the day before. 
Thanks a lot, mate, this helps a tonnes. Seems like their price went up slightly since the last time I checked. By the way, do they charge any for making the ear impression?

Originally Posted by CobraVerde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah they do unfortunately, it's ¥5000, but the fit on my 335dw is amazing. If you don't speak any Japanese Fitear Ginza will make you bring an translator. I only dealed with them when I got the SR mod.

@Jethrosang, so you're moving here! Welcome! Ping me if you wanna catch up with fellow Malaysian/Australian in Tokyo. The thing is with FitEar, I don't know if they accept payments from customers directly - as such the recommendation to talk to Fujiya/e-earphone. I'm going to e-earphone after work today so I can ask them.

But since you're moving here anyway, why not just wait till you get your residence card and go to the Fujiya Autumn festival? FitEar will normally do impressions there and have discounts on their CIEMs then too. It's only 2 months away.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #4,863 of 6,673

@Jethrosang, so you're moving here! Welcome! Ping me if you wanna catch up with fellow Malaysian/Australian in Tokyo. The thing is with FitEar, I don't know if they accept payments from customers directly - as such the recommendation to talk to Fujiya/e-earphone. I'm going to e-earphone after work today so I can ask them.

But since you're moving here anyway, why not just wait till you get your residence card and go to the Fujiya Autumn festival? FitEar will normally do impressions there and have discounts on their CIEMs then too. It's only 2 months away.

Oh my god, we must meet up. But sad that I will only be there on the 28th of october, just few days after the festival. But I am definitely not going to miss their spring event.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #4,865 of 6,673
I heard, Suyama San is planning to introduce the new version of C435 in the future..is that true? I wish i knew when...:grin:

Is that right? Anakchan, have you heard of this piece of news?

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #4,866 of 6,673
Went to e-earphone yesterday. Yes @CobraVerde is right that one can buy from e-earphone, Fujiya, and from FitEar directly (but as he mentioned, call up a day in advance).

Quote:
Is that right? Anakchan, have you heard of this piece of news?

Nope I've not heard of that.But I haven't talked to Suyama-san and his wife since late April. Would be interesting if something new is coming up.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #4,867 of 6,673
Nope I've not heard of that.But I haven't talked to Suyama-san and his wife since late April. Would be interesting if something new is coming up.

Ah so... I haven't heard anything on my end either... Claire at JabenSG would have mentioned it if she had heard too, knowing my slight weakness for FitEar. :)

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #4,870 of 6,673
Aug 24, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #4,871 of 6,673
So i've been listening to my monet17 for days. Here's some of my thoughts about this lovely brighter version of Fitear's House sound. First, i am not a reviewer, so i am just gonna say what i feel about it.

The build quality and fitting:
As usual, i always impressed by how good the custom made in ear from Fitear. The housing is rock solid, shows craftsmanship, and nothing that i could find anything wrong with this monet17 too, they are just perfectly made. I choose the full clear color because IMO, the full clear one from Fitear is always best to my eyes. Unfortunately, for this time, my monet17, the right housing, i find it the base of canal area, is just very slightly loose. It is tight enough actually, but when i wiggled it, i know is a little loose on that part and i can feel it, not until it effects the sound, but i think i am gonna send it back to make it a bit tight so it will has the same feel with the left one when i am wearing it. And btw, the cable which came with this M17 is more softer/flexible than one that came with mh334/mh335. I think i am kinda prefer this then the one on my MH334/335.

The Sound Signature
The sound sig of this M17 is a little bit different than my MH334 or MH335. Yes, they are brighter. The treble boost can be noticed immediately when the 1st time i plug it into my ears. Its actually really WOWed me somehow. They still definitely have the fitear's house sound. But this time, instead of making it "intimate" sounding, they seem tuned this M17 to be more ALIVE, a little more spacious i would say in term of sound stage and the tonal is more accurate than both MH334 and MH335.

Treble
WOW!! if any of you somehow feel your 334/335 is loosing treble, this maybe the right answer for you. They are just wonderful. The treble energy is really there, in a smooth way, a lot smoother in a sense of texture/resolution than my JH Angie or JH13pro i had auditioned before. The instruments is now very well separated. I can hear the instruments more accurate and picture the sound image is clearer, the distance between each instrument and the singer, the layering of music is really really well performed. And the good part about it, the sweetness and warmness of the fitear's house sound is still there blended with more speed to the music. So, this added treble is actually not distract the body of sound it self. It is really wonderful to listen. If you love instruments jazz, violin, cello, classic songs, old song recording, acoustic guitar, i think the M17 is the king!

The Midrange / Sound Stage
Yes, nothing is perfect! The Mids on this M17, is not as thick/lush/robust as the MH334 (but i would say is a well bodied enough for my taste). Maybe is because the added treble i said before, it does reduced the body of midrange, but not until to point it sounded dry. with the correct matching songs, this M17 can indeed perform better in term of realistic level. The vocal distance of this M17 is very similar to the MH335DW. That is why, i would say this M17 is the brighter and more accurate version of MH335dw. When i listen to this carefully, the sound stage and everything reminds me a lot of my MH335, with a much tighter bass, more treble, and overall is more accurate in tonality. As much as i WOWed about this CIEM, the funny thing is, every time i focusing on vocal, i always miss the sound my MH334. I think for the midrange part, so far, the midrange sweetness of MH334 is still, very hard to beat! even though, i do find the midrange of this m17 is more accurate in tonal than my MH334. For mid-range, i think MH334 still my favorite so far!

The bass
If you think Fitear's bass is too much for you, you must try this M17. The bass is very well controlled. Its tighter than both 334/335, but the impact is still there. This is not a CIEM without bass just to note. For some (treble lover), the bass could probably a little too much already (yes, i am a grado die hard fan as well). But speaking of fitear house sound, this bass IMO is perfect for those who deserve a tighter bass of Fitear. Mind you, IMO, eventhough the bass of MH334/MH335 can be too much for some people, but i think the bass of Fitear is really clean (well textured) and quite satisfying to listen to.

Conclusion
If you somehow expect a little more bright flavour from Fitear, i think you should try this M17. I think many people will love this definitely. It kinda sound that maybe a lot of people is looking for. They are very easy to go along with any kind of genres, from mainstream - to the old song recording, they all sounded good from this M17. Its really lovely sounding from Fitear for those who chase the more accurate tonality in Fitear's way. And remember, if you love classical/violin/acoustic guitar/cello/saxophone, or any instrument jazz song, this M17 perform the BEST and i really really impressed what Fitear can bring this time! Something you might familiar of, the album like OPUS2, OPUS3, in DSD, sounded exceptional through this M17.

Enjoy!

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #4,872 of 6,673
Thanks for the impressions, Muzik4life! Enjoy the Monet 17 as it seems to be something which agrees with you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back