The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #4,891 of 6,670
  Hi Luciferhawk,

Many thanks for the response. can the i phone drive 335 dw? Will the monet be easier to drive straight from phone?

will the monet be suited to asian female pop songs, or more suited to 334. 

Seems like 335 DW is indeed the 'best', I was hoping to save some money haha. Not sure if its worth dropping about 16000 HK dollars for it. I have a big canal and I use custom tips on my shures, so I believe I should be able to qualify for the three bore. But that will break my bank!

Thanks again!

Yes it can...@AnakChan has corroborate it below 
biggrin.gif

I can't say which line ups of FitEar is the "best" as it all depends to individual's ears as well as music genres

I could drive my MH335DW-SR off my iPhone 6 before I changed to 7. I think as to which is "the best", that's really a hard one. The MH335DW-SR never really turned out to be the way I expected despite hearing demos (in fact I made after listening to demos). The Monet 17 swayed me more (after getting my MH335DW-SR), but I think right now my ears dying for the MH334-SR instead - especially after listening to it back in Fujiya Spring Festival earlier this year.

I recommend try all before deciding which to invest in.

I find that there's "too much" bass on my 335 compared to when I auditioned them...but the store has told me that it should "lessen" after approximately 50 hours of burn.

How significant is the drop in bass on the 335-SR to the normal 335? What is/are the improvements (and deficiency if any)?

How does the 335-SR compares to the 334-SR?

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #4,892 of 6,670
I find that there's "too much" bass on my 335 compared to when I auditioned them...but the store has told me that it should "lessen" after approximately 50 hours of burn.

How significant is the drop in bass on the 335-SR to the normal 335? What is/are the improvements (and deficiency if any)?

How does the 335-SR compares to the 334-SR?

The SR upgrade is supposed to improve the high frequencies, which it does to some extent. It's hard to estimate how much since the earphones are gone for several weeks forthe upgrade. I noticed no change in bass response.

I agree with you the the bass is stronger vs the demo, and I did not find any change due to break in. You will get used to it though, so I guess user break in is a factor :)

For anyone demoing Fitear customs I would advise you to take into account an increase in bass vs. The demo units. This is definitely true for the 335, but probably true for the others as well. It makes sense since the seal is so much better with the custom version.

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #4,893 of 6,670
I could drive my MH335DW-SR off my iPhone 6 before I changed to 7. I think as to which is "the best", that's really a hard one. The MH335DW-SR never really turned out to be the way I expected despite hearing demos (in fact I made after listening to demos). The Monet 17 swayed me more (after getting my MH335DW-SR), but I think right now my ears dying for the MH334-SR instead - especially after listening to it back in Fujiya Spring Festival earlier this year.

I recommend try all before deciding which to invest in.

what's the difference between 334 and 334SR? is it just a titanium tube ? how does the sound signature differ? many thanks for you help.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #4,896 of 6,670
Hi all,

FitEar fan here, was browsing through this weekend Tokyo Headphones Festival Autumn  2016 website, since historically FitEar launches new products, or sells limited edition IEMs in such festivals, and found this http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/user_data/headphone_fes_sale.php : 

Just wish universal models will be launched in the near future,

Cheers

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #4,897 of 6,670
  Hi all,

FitEar fan here, was browsing through this weekend Tokyo Headphones Festival Autumn  2016 website, since historically FitEar launches new products, or sells limited edition IEMs in such festivals, and found this http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/user_data/headphone_fes_sale.php : 

Just wish universal models will be launched in the near future,

Cheers

Is this the titanium version of the FitEar Air? Seems that there's a Fostex logo/sign there that hints it

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,900 of 6,670
I'm not the brightest bloke, so perhaps someone can educate me here;

Wouldn't metal construction be bad for a custom fit in-ear, considering how metals expand and contract with heat, or is it a case of titanium having a low enough thermal expansion/contraction coefficient to not be affected by a person's body temperature in this case?

Actually, just ignore this post. It was a stupid question.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #4,902 of 6,670
  I'm not the brightest bloke, so perhaps someone can educate me here;

Wouldn't metal construction be bad for a custom fit in-ear, considering how metals expand and contract with heat, or is it a case of titanium having a low enough thermal expansion/contraction coefficient to not be affected by a person's body temperature in this case?

Actually, just ignore this post. It was a stupid question.

Actually, yours, wasn't a stupid question. From the same link, these are the rules (google translated) set by FitEar on the Titan orders (one point talks about temperatures):

The following will be accepted in the order on who you agree to the terms. 
Headphone festival day will be the venue limited sale. 
Headphone festival yet accept the order only for the person who is listen to the same model. 
- The ear canal shape by you might not be able to fabrication. If that is indeed allowed to cancel a permission your order 
we will. 
And production of propriety will be determined by the production stage. Judgment of whether or not prior to production, such as the time of ear type sampling is not free. 
- For the metal material, it can not be done Rifitto work, such as in the prior art after completion. 
- Such as if the finished product does not fit in the ear, but does not re-create in any reason. 
- Cold climates because the use please avoid. Also time is a low temperature such as in winter, please use the allowed to warm to about human skin. 
• In order to carry out by hand, there is the case that there are some individual differences to finish the degree. 
• If that becomes a forced refund in the creation disabled, etc., will be the only refund of the commodity price. 
Returned goods refund our shop and without legitimate reason Suyama tooth Labs admit will be refused.

Cheers

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #4,903 of 6,670
Hello, dropping in on this thread after hearing about FitEar from various friends. Skip to like the 3rd paragraph to get to the relevant FitEar question stuff.

I have mostly been immersed in Chinese IEMs (Havi B3 Pro and LZ-A2) and headphones (ATH-MSR7, AKG Q701) lately, but I did own a CIEM once in the past (iirc Alien Ears C1, single BA, 2010 year). Listening to it now sounds very lacking after collecting and using new gear, but at the time I remember it was great for me, especially for the isolation and fit. I moved on from it primarily because I found the low end was missing or lacking. Thinking about it now, maybe because I didn't do a proper seal or had a proper impression done. Impressions were done through a DIY kit, though I initially wanted it done by a professional/office, but for some reason couldn't find one to do it, so I did it myself. They never did complain about the impression, so I mostly thought I got it right. Once wearing them, I did notice the right side was a tad looser than the left side and the right side lacked some lows compared to the left.

Moved on from the customs and sorta avoided BAs for a bit because I was thinking it couldn't beat dynamic lows. Went back to IEM, but when I got the Triple.fi 10 during that Amazon black friday sale, that restored my interest in BAs again. Sadly, I lost them in arcade a week after owning them and I never bought a replacement since. I haven't owned an IEM that topped the TF.10s in SQ for me yet, but I heard the UE900s are its successor. Anyways fast fowarding to today, the last IEM that I bought that I was hoping that would stop the head-fi itch, LZ-A2s, started to sound dull to me. The mids and highs are pushed back with the low end being a bit too upfront for my tastes now. So now the head-fi itch is back again, but I'm kinda split between just going for an end-game type IEM or go even further and get a CIEM again. Or fiddle around again with stuff that is in the hundreds instead of costing a grand.

I ran across the FitEar brand after noticing a bunch of Japanese artists I follow were using what looked like the same CIEM, but wasn't UE or the other brands I'm aware of. Got curious and now I want to try one out, possibly even get one. Sadly from what I read through this thread, it is near impossible to get one if you don't live in Japan or have to fly to a country that FitEar does CIEMs for, but you may have to be a resident of that country as well? I live in USA currently, so my only option it looks like is TG!334 from ALO or second hand FitEar Universal types, unless the policy magically changes soon haha.

I am aware this is the customs thread for FitEar, so I do apologize that I'm partially de-railing the thread by mixing between the CIEMs and UIEMs.

Now to the questions:
  1. Where in Japan can I demo some of these FitEar models? I'm going to Japan around end of December to a bit mid of January, mostly Tokyo but also Osaka is in there.
    1. It seems like e-Earphone in Akiba has their universal models for demo, but not the one-off universal fit CIEM for demoing, which I read was only for the events? 
  2. I recall reading the TG!334s are basically the same as the MH334, but just the shell?
  3. Say I was willing to settle with the TG!334 or some other UIEM model, I wouldn't really be able to purchase a FitEar in Japan because they are basically made to order products + residency check, correct?

The stuff I listen to now are: Anime/Game Soundtracks, J-Pop, Trance, Electronic, J-core, Jazz, Acoustic, etc.
Source is mostly likely PC or an iPhone SE for convenience. I did recently buy a Fiio X5, but I only tried it on the DAC side of things and it didn't really impress me. Haven't tried it as a player since I haven't bought an SD card for it yet.

It would've been nice if I could get customs done and ship it back home since I don't think it could be finished within the 3 weeks of my trip, but as stated above, it looks like I wouldn't be able to throw my money in the first place 
frown.gif
. In a way, I'm afraid of demoing to hear that it is something I am looking for, but I wouldn't be able to get it without some roundabout ways or just the ALO TG!334 model. I do have friends in Japan that would be willing to ship to me back home if needed, but still doesn't let me jump on the CIEM train.

Wow this post got pretty long, thanks for reading if you winded up reading the whole thing.

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #4,904 of 6,670
E-earphone is one you can try and the other one would be Fujiya Avic.

If anime is your source then the Monet might be the one for you. Otherwise the 334 is another choice.

As for the time frame for them to make the CIEM, "magic" can happen sometime. I didn't expect mine to finish within 5 weeks as I was told it usually takes 7-8 weeks.

Maybe the people at E-earphone or Fujiya Avic are able to help you expedite your order...either way I wish you the best of luck and hope you find your choice.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #4,905 of 6,670
E-earphone is one you can try and the other one would be Fujiya Avic.

If anime is your source then the Monet might be the one for you. Otherwise the 334 is another choice.

As for the time frame for them to make the CIEM, "magic" can happen sometime. I didn't expect mine to finish within 5 weeks as I was told it usually takes 7-8 weeks.

Maybe the people at E-earphone or Fujiya Avic are able to help you expedite your order...either way I wish you the best of luck and hope you find your choice.

Cool, I'll bookmark both E-earphone and Fujiya Avic to check out during the trip.

Anime is mostly the song source this time around yeah.

As much as it would be nice to get it during the trip, realistically I see that not happening. I only thought about it as a possibility since I read some old reviews about doing a turnaround in less than a month, but they were behind on orders I think. Plus, I would rather have a non rushed product than one that is and turns out there are problems with it, so I'll leave it to them. If they are only shipping within JP addresses, but are ok with someone else's name on the package, that's totally doable on my end.

Thank you again for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back