The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #4,876 of 6,660
  I think he meant almost, not none. 

Good luck getting someone who's willing to reshell them. I recall a shop, who shall remain unnamed, once reshelled a TG334 with less than stellar results.

Sep 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #4,877 of 6,660
At the end of the day, it's never just about number of Drivers or even types, but the implementation and tuning. The latter is all too often forgotten. Which explains why the market sees many new IEMs chockful with as many Drivers which can be shoved in but sound meh...

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #4,880 of 6,660
hello ...

I have mh335dw and enjoy music through Spotify in the galaxy s7. and now I want to get dap high end to be more able to maximize my fitear.

The criteria I was looking for:

- An increase of s7
- Android, because I prefer streaming Spotify
- No more bass 335dw increasing.

I ask for help advice and share experiences...

And sorry the bad english

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #4,881 of 6,660
hello ...

I have mh335dw and enjoy music through Spotify in the galaxy s7. and now I want to get dap high end to be more able to maximize my fitear.

I'm pretty happy pairing my mh335dw sr with the Sony ZX1. It runs Android and has a sharper sound signature that complements the slightly rolled-off highs of the MH335. I haven't tried the ZX2, but it would also be worth auditioning.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #4,882 of 6,660
hello ...

- An increase of s7

I tried it with my AK320 w/o the 380 Amp and that what makes me decide to go with the 335DW. IMHO you should audition as many DAP as possible with your music and your 335DW.

If it must run on Android then you might like the Onkyo DP-X1. You could also try adding the Chord Mojo to your S7 and hear what it sounds like.

Hope this helps

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #4,883 of 6,660
You can try the Dragonfly dacs (black / red).
I am using the black with my iphone and ATH IM70, running Spotify. Got this in anticipation of receiving my MH334...*chants*...please come soon...
To me, it lifts the vocals and gives the bass more impact.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #4,884 of 6,660
You can try the Dragonfly dacs (black / red).
I am using the black with my iphone and ATH IM70, running Spotify. Got this in anticipation of receiving my MH334...*chants*...please come soon...
To me, it lifts the vocals and gives the bass more impact.

Yeah...I know that feeling of the waiting game. Finally received my 335DW and surprisingly it only took 1.5 months. Apparently it came with the 006 cable which for me is not as subtle as the 001. Will try it with the Eros in a few weeks time

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #4,885 of 6,660
hello ...

- An increase of s7

Do you use EQ on your s7? I have s7 and z5 premium, and on both (playing Dezeer and Spotify), i use EQ when using my mh335. The 335s are also actually a little to roll off for my taste (i prefer mh334 or i use my monet17 if i wanted more treble). If u use EQ on your s7, and u like the sound, i suggest u find dap which has Eq easy to set. I have ak380 and for me, i also expecting a little more bright for 335. The EQ on ak380, imo, is very hard to set. Need passion and a lot of trying before getting the right pattern. I prefer the EQ on my z5premium. Easy to set and it works better too in my experience. So i can suggest maybe u try sony DAP?

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #4,886 of 6,660
Hi guys, hope this is the correct place to post this query. 

I'm looking for an end-game iem purchase, I'm a user not a collector. I've narrowed it down to fit ear. I listen to english alternative, canto pop, j pop and k pop particularly asian female vocals. I would like something not so dark, but with bass unlike my shure 535 ltd J.

I own the fit ear parterre. It was a good iem, but I'm done with universal fit. Also the parterre fatigues my ears after about half an hour, even though its not loud. I've been told that its the signal thats coming out from my i phone thats not audible, caused by the earphone? My ears don't hurt with the Shure 535 ltd J. 

I'm not looking to amp it, just to drive it purely from my iPhone 6 plus. DW is a little too expensive, was thinking about Monet 17 and Aya. I like a mid forward sound with vocal emphasis but with Bass, some treble but not the treble roll off nasal like se535 and 530. 334, I don't want to buy something that exists as a universal, feels like I'm just buying a custom version of the universal, if you know what I mean. Please help, many thanks!

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #4,887 of 6,660

I'm looking for an end-game iem purchase, I'm a user not a collector. I've narrowed it down to fit ear. I listen to english alternative, canto pop, j pop and k pop particularly asian female vocals. I would like something not so dark, but with bass unlike my shure 535 ltd J.

I own the fit ear parterre. It was a good iem, but I'm done with universal fit. Also the parterre fatigues my ears after about half an hour, even though its not loud. I've been told that its the signal thats coming out from my i phone thats not audible, caused by the earphone? My ears don't hurt with the Shure 535 ltd J. 

I'm not looking to amp it, just to drive it purely from my iPhone 6 plus. DW is a little too expensive, was thinking about Monet 17 and Aya. I like a mid forward sound with vocal emphasis but with Bass, some treble but not the treble roll off nasal like se535 and 530. 334, I don't want to buy something that exists as a universal, feels like I'm just buying a custom version of the universal, if you know what I mean. Please help, many thanks!

Welcome, I also came from SE535Ltd and I have use my 335DW for almost a month now. It is a huge difference especially in the low department.

My music genres are heavy metal, jpop, kpop, canto pop, mando pop, english pop and hip hop.

Detail is amazing, warm sound with a bright vocal. It's my first CIEM and I've ordered a few more.

I tried my music genres with the 334, 335DW, Monet and Air, in the end I chose the 335DW as it fulfills the most requirements for my music.

334 forte is vocal, very clear and bright.
335 similar to 334 with more bass
Monet is great for anime songs
Air I did not audition it long enough to do it justice

I would advice you to get the 335 and if you happen to have 3 bore on each side, that qualify it for the SR upgrade. Otherwise you can try the Air or Monet.

Hope it helps

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #4,888 of 6,660
Hi Luciferhawk,

Many thanks for the response. can the i phone drive 335 dw? Will the monet be easier to drive straight from phone?

will the monet be suited to asian female pop songs, or more suited to 334. 

Seems like 335 DW is indeed the 'best', I was hoping to save some money haha. Not sure if its worth dropping about 16000 HK dollars for it. I have a big canal and I use custom tips on my shures, so I believe I should be able to qualify for the three bore. But that will break my bank!

Thanks again!

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #4,889 of 6,660
  Hi Luciferhawk,

Many thanks for the response. can the i phone drive 335 dw? Will the monet be easier to drive straight from phone?

will the monet be suited to asian female pop songs, or more suited to 334. 

Seems like 335 DW is indeed the 'best', I was hoping to save some money haha. Not sure if its worth dropping about 16000 HK dollars for it. I have a big canal and I use custom tips on my shures, so I believe I should be able to qualify for the three bore. But that will break my bank!

Thanks again!

I could drive my MH335DW-SR off my iPhone 6 before I changed to 7. I think as to which is "the best", that's really a hard one. The MH335DW-SR never really turned out to be the way I expected despite hearing demos (in fact I made after listening to demos). The Monet 17 swayed me more (after getting my MH335DW-SR), but I think right now my ears dying for the MH334-SR instead - especially after listening to it back in Fujiya Spring Festival earlier this year.

I recommend try all before deciding which to invest in.

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #4,890 of 6,660

Based on your explanation above, heres my thought for you..

Personally, i never got any badly fatigue with my Parterre, so does with my TG334. Yes, Parterre IMO is a lesser bass version of TG334, so that maybe the cause for me to feel like Parterre has a little more airy treble than TG334. But Parterre bass is not as deep/wide/solid/big as TG334, and to me personally, is not that good for your preferred genres. TG334 is a better option in this case. But i see that you said TG334's treble is too roll off. (yes, and so does 535/535red - i owned them both long time ago).

Custom Version.

Many people say between TG334 vs MH334, the treble is more presented on TG334. But to me, the 1st time i listen to MH334, the "more-open-feeling" i could immediately notice the difference between the two right away. They are so different in many ways. The MH334 has a wider room inside head, clearer, vocal focusing is insane on MH334, and somehow, i do feel the treble is more feel-able too on MH334. Not saying MH334 boosted the treble, but i think is because MH334 is clearer sounded. And for the bass, roughtly to be the same with 334 which, IMPO, is more than enough for your kind of genres.

Between MH334 vs MH335DW:
If bass is really a thing you are looking for, MH335 (more bassy) might suit you just a little better than MH334 as long as you don't really mind about the treble. I would say the treble on MH335DW is smoother and lesser, compared to MH334. The overall sound of MH335 is a little beefier, smoother, mellower, with a slightly backward midrange presentation compared to MH334 (both are not a laid back sounding CIEM). If i listen to some dubstep/edm/k-pop/rnb, MH335 able to perform beautifully and no worries about the treble. But when i listen to some vocal jazz, jazz instruments, classical, than i started to notice the treble of MH335 is a little too roll of for my taste. At this point, i would say MH334 is more versatile compared to MH335DW. And the bass of MH334 is perfectly fine for EDM/DUBSTEP/K-POP/RnB, not to mention, personally, i think the vocal on MH334 is unbeatable by far from all the (c)iem i have tried. Exceptionally good!

Monet 17 is a great CIEM. If you required more treble from Fitear, this is a nice one! But the bass is lesser compared to TG334/MH334/MH335. I would say the bass qty of Monet17 is between Parterre and 334, but the hitting impact is not that great for your genres. But for the clarity, Monet 17 is above 334/335. The treble is not a kind of attacking treble. But very present in Fitear's way. I think is beautiful! For classical, jazz instrumental (saxo, violin, cello), M17 is really exceptional!

If i were you, i will try to audition it 1st before buying and see what you really like. So far if you asked me, i would suggest you to get MH334. The main reason is because more versatile than above mentioned items, and MH334 is my current fav CIEM.

And don't forget, u can always use EQ from your ip6s to adjust the sound, in case 335DW is your final pick :)

Hope it helps!
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back