The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #4,652 of 6,673
Apr 2, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #4,653 of 6,673
@Kiats Added anything to your FitEar collection?
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think he has no mood right now.
Kiats, waiting is painful...
wink_face.gif

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #4,654 of 6,673
Haha! Interesting hypothesis but no. Nothing to do with waiting for anything else. If not, I would not have bothered to go down to try out the demo units. It's more a case that when you have the main TOTL models, adding any more would require that any additional FitEar IEMs would have to be sufficiently differentiated from existing ones and add sonic value to the current range of IEMs. :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #4,655 of 6,673
Haha! Interesting hypothesis but no. Nothing to do with waiting for anything else. If not, I would not have bothered to go down to try out the demo units. It's more a case that when you have the main TOTL models, adding any more would require that any additional FitEar IEMs would have to be sufficiently differentiated from existing ones and add sonic value to the current range of IEMs. :)

i was wondering why the air was not there?

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #4,656 of 6,673
Apr 6, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #4,658 of 6,673
Fitear Fitear was not there as well, I think its available to order but Jaben doesnt have a demo unit.

One can't but wonder if it is symptomatic that the Singapore market no longer figures as much in FitEar's plans... :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #4,659 of 6,673
One can't but wonder if it is symptomatic that the Singapore market no longer figures as much in FitEar's plans...
frown.gif

Sadly, it could be... :frowning2: I thought with Suyama San's appearance in Jaben Singapore with the Fitear event, its to re-energise/refresh the Fitear offerings in Singapore but.. I have a feeling it might not. They have the TG334 available but no demo unit as well, at the event, Suyama San took his own TG334 out for demo-ing upon request. :p

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #4,660 of 6,673
It's really just the same issue with small Japanese companies not having the proper energy and enthusiasm to push the overseas market that are much smaller than their domestic Japanese market because this is happening to Hong Kong as well. However I see Fitear had pushed strongly into the mainland Chinese market complete with an official weibu account no less. Seems Suyama-san just can't resist the temptation of the rich RMB market.

It's also one of the reason that I'm not going for a pair of Monet 17 to accompany my 335s and has taken my purchase somewhere else entirely. It's just too much begging and bending myself backwards to accommodate the lack of interest to serve my location for something that's not exactly cheap to buy in a market now that is filled with all sorts of different choices.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #4,661 of 6,673
I actually think the blame to FitEar themselves is misdirected. From my understanding, the local distribution plays a big part to the expedience of the delivery of the ordered CIEM.

In other words, the delays, if any, in the delivery of CIEMs is very much on the distributors.

Whilst the latency to the response of e-mails in English may be the fault of FitEar (of which they have mentioned before please e-mail them in Japanese).

Where does "'my understanding" come from? Let's just say more than just guess work but I can't say anymore.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #4,663 of 6,673
  I believe Fitear does a lot of more sell in China than in Japan.

Not surprised. Like I said it's apparent that Suyama-san cannot resist the RMB, the blatant catering with an official Weibu account is just too obvious.

But Hong Kong and Singapore market? Too small now that they've got a direct line to mainland China with millions of untapped rich people, and in Japan Fitear already commands a giant slice of the professional singer/musician market (check out their client list, gets longer every month). No time and resource to care about the small potatos nor deal with those distributors.  

To Anakchan: I strongly believe it is Fitear's duty to monitor and control how their local distributors handles their customers regarding delivery as well as after sales services, so no, I don't believe the blame is misdirected at all as this is common business practice (distribution/partnership deals can change hands any moment when it comes to business interest). If a customer writes directly to Fitear to complain about the mishandling of Fitear products by their local distributors, then it is Fitear's duty and best interest to follow up whether the complaint is true or not and take appropriate action, not throw their hands up and say "not our problem, deal with the local distributors yourself" (which was basically what I had experienced when purchasing my 335s two years ago - even when I communicate to them via Japanese)

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #4,664 of 6,673
To Anakchan: I strongly believe it is Fitear's duty to monitor and control how their local distributors handles their customers regarding delivery as well as after sales services, so no, I don't believe the blame is misdirected at all as this is common business practice (distribution/partnership deals can change hands any moment when it comes to business interest). If a customer writes directly to Fitear to complain about the mishandling of Fitear products by their local distributors, then it is Fitear's duty and best interest to follow up whether the complaint is true or not and take appropriate action, not throw their hands up and say "not our problem, deal with the local distributors yourself" (which was basically what I had experienced when purchasing my 335s two years ago - even when I communicate to them via Japanese)

That is a very black & white way of thinking. The distributor is very much a customer to the manufacturer as end user is a customer to the distributor. You're only partially right that the manufacturer is to assess the distributor & if the distributor doesn't perform to the manufacturer's expectations for the manufacturer to find & move to another distributor.

But if the distributor is mass collecting orders to save on bulk shipping & prepared to make their customers wait, & not paying the manufacturer in a timely manner for the orders, how is the manufacturer be entirely responsible for delays? The end consumer overseas is clearly paying more than what the product costs in Japan cos the distributor is getting their percentage. End users feel the distributor has no responsibility for that percentage they collect?

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #4,665 of 6,673
That is a very black & white way of thinking. The distributor is very much a customer to the manufacturer as end user is a customer to the distributor. You're only partially right that the manufacturer is to assess the distributor & if the distributor doesn't perform to the manufacturer's expectations for the manufacturer to find & move to another distributor.

But if the distributor is mass collecting orders to save on bulk shipping & prepared to make their customers wait, & not paying the manufacturer in a timely manner for the orders, how is the manufacturer be entirely responsible for delays? The end consumer overseas is clearly paying more than what the product costs in Japan cos the distributor is getting their percentage. End users feel the distributor has no responsibility for that percentage they collect?

The manufacturer is still responsible for communicating this to the customer. Good communication is part of the deal of good customer service. Perhaps Fitear aren't willing to do much in hope of not "rock the boat" in the traditional Japanese thinking, but it doesn't mean they can do NOTHING like how Fitear usually handles it, and that's the difference in how to keep the customers happy. If Jaben wants to do bulk shipping to cut on their own cost, negotiate a term for them so that they must send out within a certain time period eg every second week of the month and not at Jaben's own convenience whenever they like and put in as a clause in a partnership contract. If Jaben are delaying payments, send out collectors.  If Jaben is doing all of these behind the backs of Fitear and customers complain directly to Fitear, then access the situaiton and rethink the partnership deal and change the business model/threaten to go direct instead (many CIEM does direct, it's not impossible, plus if the local distributor is ruining your brand for their own gain, what harm is it then for going direct? In the case of Japan it's really their willingness in finding someone to handle the English and implementing a system to take payments, a particular fear of adopting IT technology here is holding them back here too). I think the excuses you are coming up with are rather poor to be honest and just further highlights the lack of willingness more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back