The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #3,241 of 6,678

As far as I know, your ear canals are too small to accommodate three sound tubes but origination is still from three except it is merged. I know a few people that only have two bores in their FitEar customs and they are all enjoying them very much.

You can also forget about the SR mod on your pair as I think one of the requirements was for there to be three sound tubes. 

Thanks! That's the most likely explanation. No matter, as I still think it sounds terrific! 

Come to think of it, I remember Derek telling something similar but didn't seriously look into it. Goodbye SR mod... 
frown.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #3,243 of 6,678
I've moved the Tralucent S'pore advert to the 1Plus2 & Ref1 threads folks. Let's stay on topic here.

Thanks, AnakChan. I thought it would of interest here because the cables for Fitear customs will be showcased as well. :)

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #3,246 of 6,678
I'll be heading to Tokyo end of July and I'm very very tempted to go for the 335DW. Any advice regarding the MH335DW or the Pro Audio 335DW? Which one has a better sound? Any reference regarding the 335DW in comparison to the JH Audio JH13 Pro Freq Phase? The current IEMs that I own are Etymotic ER4PT and Vsonic GR07. I'm looking for an upgrade for these.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #3,247 of 6,678
  I'll be heading to Tokyo end of July and I'm very very tempted to go for the 335DW. Any advice regarding the MH335DW or the Pro Audio 335DW? Which one has a better sound? Any reference regarding the 335DW in comparison to the JH Audio JH13 Pro Freq Phase? The current IEMs that I own are Etymotic ER4PT and Vsonic GR07. I'm looking for an upgrade for these.

I'm curious on purchasing a fitear custom directly from japan, i tot was mentioned before that we not allowed to do that directly there ? just to double confirm because I'm having my trip to japan on oct, i'll purchase my 2nd fitear if possible to.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #3,249 of 6,678

Hey Francisk, possibly not very helpful but I preferred the C435 over 335 and it was a stratospheric "upgrade" form the JH13 which I had only auditioned the week before. The clarity and detail, which is the usual perceived strength of the JH13 was just no comparison. As everybody with any knowledge or experience ultimately says here though, you really really really have to listen to stuff and make up your own mind. Being influenced by others subjective, or perhaps more appropriately, "personal" opinions, biases, and tastes is not always helpful. I know that's not always an easy thing to do though. I listened to both the 435 and the 335 from the Hugo with a 5th Gen iPod and an AK240, and they were both amazing but the 335 had the edge for me. Hope helps!?

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #3,252 of 6,678
still 2 months to go before my baby came...
and i'm starting to lose my patience.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,253 of 6,678
  Hey Francisk, possibly not very helpful but I preferred the C435 over 335 and it was a stratospheric "upgrade" form the JH13 which I had only auditioned the week before. The clarity and detail, which is the usual perceived strength of the JH13 was just no comparison. As everybody with any knowledge or experience ultimately says here though, you really really really have to listen to stuff and make up your own mind. Being influenced by others subjective, or perhaps more appropriately, "personal" opinions, biases, and tastes is not always helpful. I know that's not always an easy thing to do though. I listened to both the 435 and the 335 from the Hugo with a 5th Gen iPod and an AK240, and they were both amazing but the 335 had the edge for me. Hope helps!?

Thanks for the info designmaniac, I'm actually looking for an analytical sound signature which is more towards neutral. I've tested the JH13 FP Pro (universal demo) and I find that there's a little mid bass bump that makes perceived bass to sound more prominent. As you can tell from my past IEMs, I tend to lean towards neutral and analytical signature. So through your experience with the 435 and 335, which one is more neutral and analytical without noticable bumps on any particular frequencies.

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #3,254 of 6,678
The c435 is more towards lean and analytical side...the bass is tight and fast but definitely not emphasised. Overall quite neutral sounding with good treble extension. If you dun like iems with emphasised bass... C435 shd be more suitable compared to 335

Users who are viewing this thread

Back