The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #2,912 of 6,671
  What kind of connector do you have?? Left is old, Right is new :-

I've got the new and I've not had any problems in my 14 months ownership of the 335.

Hi AnakChan,

Thats great! I think mine is the new one, purchased on Oct 2013 and comes with rough plate surface (TG334 here). I wonder will they do repair or 1-to-1 exchange.

May 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #2,913 of 6,671
Why would I own one if it gives me headache? Your logic is pretty amazing.

Everybody have their sound preferences according to genres. It just gives off too much bass for my kind of music. 

The 335DW bass gives me headache as well. I think I'm just not a basshead.

Still deliberating about c435.

May 7, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2,915 of 6,671

I'm having dinner with Spkrs01 tonight but despite my love for FitEar I'm usually the last to hear of their news sadly :frowning2:. If anyone locally will hear it first it's most likely sasaki and/or shigzeo.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713589/suyama-fitear-new-iem-for-coming-headphone-show

Sasaki posted some pics last month

May 7, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #2,916 of 6,671
335 gave me an headach when I had seen my bill.

Same here but those headache disappeared when I put my SR on. 
biggrin.gif

I usually listen to my 335DWSR 6-8 hours daily without any headache.

May 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #2,917 of 6,671
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/713589/suyama-fitear-new-iem-for-coming-headphone-show

Sasaki posted some pics last month

Yep saw those, I thought those were universals though, not customs? Oh I guess you're referring to the 3D printing customs mentioned at the bottom? I was under the impression it was a new way of doing CIEM rather than a new CIEM model? Oh well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

May 7, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #2,918 of 6,671
Now I understand the love of the 335 for you. Sounds like you have the perfect CIEM for yourself, in my opinion.

The extra bass probably makes up for the inadequacies in mastering for some Jpop and most of Kpop. Lord knows Diana Krall or Alison Krauss would stop making music knowing someone out there was using a 335 or J16 listening to their music.   

Personally I would rate the Fitears, MH334/TG334 > C435 > 333 > Some other brand. I wouldn't spend that kind of dough for the 335. Too much money for something that would give my head a pounding after ten minutes. Owning a TH900 and EDM being one of my favourite genres, I do love my bass just not this.  

No offense to 335 owners here. 

See, now that's constructive discussion we are getting. We've got the type of music being dicussed and a comparison to other headphones.

It's not very helpful when the dicussion previously basically boils down to "OMG it sounds wonderful/it sounds awful" - we are missing a lot of the info with what kind of music and in relationship to what other phones they sound good to, which essentially makes the opinion worthless. The problem with Fitear discussions is because of their rarity it is hard to come by how they relatively measures up with other headphones. However if you dive into a say, Senns HD800 thread, you can easily find hundreds of comparisons with all sorts of phones and what type of music people use them with and form a more accurate picture to judge.

May 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #2,921 of 6,671
  Hey, how did you get your 335DWSR? I thought it wasn't even released..Can you make some comparison between 335DWSR and 335DW?

Fitear start their SR upgrade in japan at the end of Feb. I got an email from them, so I send my 335DW to them. I got my upgraded back around Mar 24. 

If you go back to page 165, you will see my impression on SR. 

May 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #2,922 of 6,671
  Fitear start their SR upgrade in japan at the end of Feb. I got an email from them, so I send my 335DW to them. I got my upgraded back around Mar 24. 

If you go back to page 165, you will see my impression on SR. 

Thank you. I thought it was some sort of April fool's jokes at first time..I guess you must be among the first group of people who got this.

May 8, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #2,923 of 6,671
Yep saw those, I thought those were universals though, not customs? Oh I guess you're referring to the 3D printing customs mentioned at the bottom? I was under the impression it was a new way of doing CIEM rather than a new CIEM model? Oh well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

What I heard, AnakChan, is that it will be a brand new custom. Of cos that's just trade sources. But release date is currently targeted for year end.

What suyama san tends to do is bring his prototypes to head fi fairs: I guess that is one way of gathering feedback. So, I am hoping he does something similar in Japan. And it's great that Gavin and you will be there. :) We get first hand initial impressions.

May 8, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #2,924 of 6,671
What I heard, AnakChan, is that it will be a brand new custom. Of cos that's just trade sources. But release date is currently targeted for year end.

What suyama san tends to do is bring his prototypes to head fi fairs: I guess that is one way of gathering feedback. So, I am hoping he does something similar in Japan. And it's great that Gavin and you will be there.
smily_headphones1.gif
We get first hand initial impressions.

Yeah I know, like this complete titanium TG!334 :wink:

May 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #2,925 of 6,671

Users who are viewing this thread

Back