The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 7, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #2,882 of 6,678
^ I would.

In fact, this week someone offered me a decent price for my last remaining flagship - Fostex TH900 - and I'm seriously considering taking up the offer. I'd still have my TH600 left, but I'm thinking that I could well live with CIEMs exclusively at this point in time.

Then again, I'm a fickle creature, so my opinion could change tomorrow. =P

May 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #2,885 of 6,678

It gives me headaches. 

Did you actually own a pair or just trying out a demo?

Again, the 335DW has less bass than most of the basshead IEMs/headphones out there. Heck most of the universial IEM I've tried recently has more than the 335, say such as the Sony hybrids. The ASG-02 with the adjustable bass response turned to max - now THAT one gave me a good shake down more so than even the JH16Pro. I'm finding this exaggeration of "ZOMG 335 gives me headaches!!!111 Bass is so bloated!!!11" and holding the 334 as the magical "Goldilocks Fitear" pretty amusing.

Why would I own one if it gives me headache? Your logic is pretty amazing.

Everybody have their sound preferences according to genres. It just gives off too much bass for my kind of music. 

May 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #2,886 of 6,678

Why would I own one if it gives me headache? Your logic is pretty amazing.

Everybody have their sound preferences according to genres. It just gives off too much bass for my kind of music. 

Nothing wrong with my logic, I just find it amusing that people could demo something for a few minutes and have something that give them headaches.  

May 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #2,887 of 6,678
Hey everyone! Just asking, does anyone of you have an issue with the sound cut in/out while touching the connector of your fitear CIEM?
Mine does that, tried to clean it up and it just came back few hours later. I wonder do we have to remove and clean the connector regularly as those spring inside the IEM seems fragile. TIA

May 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #2,888 of 6,678
Hey everyone! Just asking, does anyone of you have an issue with the sound cut in/out while touching the connector of your fitear CIEM?
Mine does that, tried to clean it up and it just came back few hours later. I wonder do we have to remove and clean the connector regularly as those spring inside the IEM seems fragile. TIA

It would probably be worse to keep disconnecting and connecting. I'd think that would make it looser. As for your problem, I'll leave that to the more experienced folks. Im not sure how to fix that.

May 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,889 of 6,678
What kind of connector do you have?? Left is old, Right is new :-

I've got the new and I've not had any problems in my 14 months ownership of the 335.

May 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,890 of 6,678

Nothing wrong with my logic, I just find it amusing that people could demo something for a few minutes and have something that give them headaches.  

I am not generalizing that the 335DW is all bad. I just said it doesn't suit my genre. 

I try it from time to time when I visit my local Jaben when I am around the corner, approx > 10hrs. I admit is good for some particular songs of mine, but I couldn't justify to get it just for the minority of my music.

May 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,891 of 6,678

Well, I have demoed the 335 for an aggregate of around 10 hours with a full range of genre. It still doesn't move me. Wilson & Claire will know I do try. ;p

I own or owned a fair no of Fitear and cables: the TG334, F111, 333, 435 and MH334, a toxic cables, whiplash and moon audio. And I will say that the 335 with it's double woofer is not for everyone. I don't think anyone pretends that any one fitear is perfect. However, one should acknowledge that no one fitear will suit universal tastes. And leave it at that. :)

May 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #2,892 of 6,678
Well, I have demoed the 335 for an aggregate of around 10 hours with a full range of genre. It still doesn't move me. Wilson & Claire will know I do try. ;p

I own or owned a fair no of Fitear and cables: the TG334, F111, 333, 435 and MH334, a toxic cables, whiplash and moon audio. And I will say that the 335 with it's double woofer is not for everyone. I don't think anyone pretends that any one fitear is perfect. However, one should acknowledge that no one fitear will suit universal tastes. And leave it at that.
smily_headphones1.gif

So judging from your observations so far, which model do you think is best suited for all kind of genre(s)?

May 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #2,893 of 6,678
So judging from your observations so far, which model do you think is best suited for all kind of genre(s)?

Hmmm... The one fitear that does every genre decently is probably the TG334. It had its charms. Not fantastic in any genre but does most genres competently. :)

May 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #2,894 of 6,678
However, one should acknowledge that no one fitear will suit universal tastes. And leave it at that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Funny because I never made the claim that 335 is the be all and end all nor that it should suit universal tastes.  However my observation is that the opposite is in fact more common -  that people tends to be pretty quick to criticise the 335 to exaggerated level (ie the poster who said it gives him headaches), which I simply find amusing, and makes me want to get to the bottom of why it attracts this level of, dare I say, Beats/Bose style of dislike.

May 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,895 of 6,678
Funny because I never made the claim that 335 is the be all and end all nor that it should suit universal tastes.  However my observation is that the opposite is in fact more common -  that people tends to be pretty quick to criticise the 335 to exaggerated level (ie the poster who said it gives him headaches), which I simply find amusing, and makes me want to get to the bottom of why it attracts this level of, dare I say, Beats/Bose style of dislike.

Because it has a double woofer that then lends itself to more bass. I think this line of discussion has exhausted itself. Since you agree no one Fitear is wonderful to the exclusion of all else, shall we all move on to more constructive topics? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back