The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #2,866 of 6,694

why is 334 pretty boring? i find it attractive for a lot of slow pops and ballads a lot.

Personally I find that the 335 has about the same mids as the 334, but the 334 don't have the low end of the 335.  So while the 335 could handle slow pops and ballads nearly just as well as the 334, the 334 can't hold a candle to fast beat pop/rock/metal songs as the 335 as it lacks the low end punch.  Thus the 334 is boring in comparison when it comes to pop.

I can't handle the bass level on the 335, makes me feels ill after 30 minutes or so on the bassier songs. With my current setup, I found my 334 have more than enough punch, 335 was too much for me. Back when I still had a iBasso D12, the bass line on both are just not where near as good as what I am getting now. The Just Audio uHA-120Dsc aren't really bassy, just plenty of power and control.

In other words, try thoroughly before you buy. Not just the CIEM sample, but also try out combos that you might move into.

May 6, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #2,867 of 6,694

I can't handle the bass level on the 335, makes me feels ill after 30 minutes or so on the bassier songs. With my current setup, I found my 334 have more than enough punch, 335 was too much for me. Back when I still had a iBasso D12, the bass line on both are just not where near as good as what I am getting now. The Just Audio uHA-120Dsc aren't really bassy, just plenty of power and control.

In other words, try thoroughly before you buy. Not just the CIEM sample, but also try out combos that you might move into.

The way you word it makes it sound like the 335 has bass cranked up to 11 or something.  
rolleyes.gif
  But then again your collection of headphones suggests that you like your headphones lean sounding anyway.
Truth of the matter is that the bass on the 335 is even much less than your average consumer orientated bass headphones, heck it has way less bass than my JH16.  Unless you are very sensitive then I can't imagine the 335 will be giving anyone headaches.  

May 6, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #2,868 of 6,694

seeing your headphone collection... yes, i think i should agree with nana as your preference from the start isn't a bass oriented headphone. IMO, from all headphone/IEM that you have, i would like to say that 334 is your first IEM/headphone that have big bass, no? 
biggrin.gif

Personally I find that the 335 has about the same mids as the 334, but the 334 don't have the low end of the 335.  So while the 335 could handle slow pops and ballads nearly just as well as the 334, the 334 can't hold a candle to fast beat pop/rock/metal songs as the 335 as it lacks the low end punch.  Thus the 334 is boring in comparison when it comes to pop.

ah, yes, the bass on 334 aren't as deep as 335.. but in my opinion, i hear that 335's vocal are lil bit sweeter that 334.

maybe that's just me tho. 

May 6, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,870 of 6,694

The way you word it makes it sound like the 335 has bass cranked up to 11 or something.  
rolleyes.gif
  But then again your collection of headphones suggests that you like your headphones lean sounding anyway.
Truth of the matter is that the bass on the 335 is even much less than your average consumer orientated bass headphones, heck it has way less bass than my JH16.  Unless you are very sensitive then I can't imagine the 335 will be giving anyone headaches.  

It gives me headaches. 

May 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #2,871 of 6,694

It gives me headaches. 

Did you actually own a pair or just trying out a demo?

Again, the 335DW has less bass than most of the basshead IEMs/headphones out there. Heck most of the universial IEM I've tried recently has more than the 335, say such as the Sony hybrids. The ASG-02 with the adjustable bass response turned to max - now THAT one gave me a good shake down more so than even the JH16Pro. I'm finding this exaggeration of "ZOMG 335 gives me headaches!!!111 Bass is so bloated!!!11" and holding the 334 as the magical "Goldilocks Fitear" pretty amusing.

May 7, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #2,874 of 6,694

It gives me headaches. 

Did you actually own a pair or just trying out a demo?

Again, the 335DW has less bass than most of the basshead IEMs/headphones out there. Heck most of the universial IEM I've tried recently has more than the 335, say such as the Sony hybrids. The ASG-02 with the adjustable bass response turned to max - now THAT one gave me a good shake down more so than even the JH16Pro. I'm finding this exaggeration of "ZOMG 335 gives me headaches!!!111 Bass is so bloated!!!11" and holding the 334 as the magical "Goldilocks Fitear" pretty amusing.

It is just taste differs, I wouldn't touch the JH16Pro ever for example.

As somebody said a while ago, there isn't a 'flagship' FitEar, they are simply equals with different favour. No need to fight for an nonexistent spot.

I like the 335DW in fact, it is just not something that I want to listen to a extended period of time, the 334's smoothness and musicality takes my mind off commuting easily and stay smooth and easy enough for power naps.

335DW if I ever gets it will be like a open top hot rod, absolute joy if the weather allows, 334 is something like a M5 comfortable when you want to, but still very engaging. For me the 334 is the most versatile in the line along with the 333.

May 7, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #2,875 of 6,694

As somebody said a while ago, there isn't a 'flagship' FitEar, they are simply equals with different favour. No need to fight for an nonexistent spot.

I like the 335DW in fact, it is just not something that I want to listen to a extended period of time, the 334's smoothness and musicality takes my mind off commuting easily and stay smooth and easy enough for power naps.

335DW if I ever gets it will be like a open top hot rod, absolute joy if the weather allows, 334 is something like a M5 comfortable when you want to, but still very engaging. For me the 334 is the most versatile in the line along with the 333.

I'm not fighting for the 335 for flagship sport, again I'm commenting on how people seem to hold the 334 as the Goldilocks Fitear (ie as in everything done just right - not too hot and not too cold) and seem to always complain the 335 has too much bass, and some even exaggerating it to be unlistenable. Again just commenting the observation that the 335 is often criticised but almost none towards the 334.

May 7, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #2,876 of 6,694
Different people just hear differently. It's not a matter of putting yourself in their shoes because, face it, you can't.

You ever driven a Prius? You know that soft high pitched whine you get whenever you brake and the batteries start charging? I can't stand that. Some people I know also claim to hear it but they say it's not so bad and disappears under the road/tyre noise. I on the other hand hear it constantly and it gives me a migraine after about 5 -10 minutes, every time. It's the same situation with some electronic gadgets that start giving a similar whine once they've reached full charge. If the room is quiet enough, I can sometimes hear that noise from an adjacent room if I don't close the doors.

Some people are just too sensitive to certain frequencies. Don't forget that with IEMs, these frequencies might do double the damage, simply because there's no distance to your ear and there's little air in between to subdue those particular frequencies.

May 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #2,878 of 6,694

I'm not fighting for the 335 for flagship sport, again I'm commenting on how people seem to hold the 334 as the Goldilocks Fitear (ie as in everything done just right - not too hot and not too cold) and seem to always complain the 335 has too much bass, and some even exaggerating it to be unlistenable. Again just commenting the observation that the 335 is often criticised but almost none towards the 334.

My take is 335 delivers more subbass impact while 334 focus more on mid bass... which is better will depends on personal preference as well as genre.  In generally I prefer leaner/tighter bass with more impact so I've really been wanting the 335DW and now the SR mode seems to make it even more attractive for me.  

But the HolyGhost spoke the truth:

The 335DW price and the SR cost give me more than headaches.... LoL

sigh........ 
frown.gif

May 7, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #2,879 of 6,694
The absolutely cool thing about TG!334 in Hong kong is that if you can snipe a used pair with warranty, you can resell them at no loss because of its high demand. Everyone should get a pair for a few months then decide...

May 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #2,880 of 6,694
The absolutely cool thing about TG!334 in Hong kong is that if you can snipe a used pair with warranty, you can resell them at no loss because of its high demand. Everyone should get a pair for a few months then decide...

Yes... but... I still need to add a pair of 1p2 or hd800 plus the money I got from the tg334 to go for the 335dw sr...... 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back