The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,836 of 6,700
Thank you for your answer. So I guess 334 may outperform 335 on female vocals, right? I want earphones in which the vocals sound closer to me.
I've already ordered ve xcontrols and k10s, they all sound neutral, so i guess 334s here are more suitable.

This is highly subjective of course, but I feel 334 has better clarity than 335.

One interesting observation is that, even the MH334 sounds more balanced than the TG334 (based on the demo universal MH334)

May 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2,837 of 6,700
This is highly subjective of course, but I feel 334 has better clarity than 335.

One interesting observation is that, even the MH334 sounds more balanced than the TG334 (based on the demo universal MH334)

According to fitear official website, they're working on upgrade mh335dw to mh335dw studio reference, which enhances the mid and treble.
I think maybe togo 334 is closer to the flavor of fitear while 335 emphasizes reference.

May 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2,838 of 6,700
  I think maybe togo 334 is closer to the flavor of fitear while 335 emphasizes reference.

I don't have experience with the Studio Reference, but I have the standard MH335DW and wouldn't call it a reference type of sound, at least not in the same vein as an UERM, for example. Then again, I'm not a monitoring/remastering engineer, so I wouldn't truly know what reference quality means. I'm sure there's much more to the term "reference" than just having a Swiss FR curve.

May 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,839 of 6,700

I don't have experience with the Studio Reference, but I have the standard MH335DW and wouldn't call it a reference type of sound, at least not in the same vein as an UERM, for example. Then again, I'm not a monitoring/remastering engineer, so I wouldn't truly know what reference quality means. I'm sure there's much more to the term "reference" than just having a Swiss FR curve.

Neither would i know it. Actually I prefer IEM with more closer vocals and emphasis on mids. Would u share some impression about 335dw? I would be appreciated if you help me on the choice between 334 and 335.

May 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #2,840 of 6,700
Female vocals may sound closer or more intimate through the 334. The custom that is voiced more for vocals is the mh334. The 335 is voiced a bit more for contrast, where thr extremes get more focus than the middle. There isn't a vast gap between them but for sure the 334 is the more vocal-leaning iem.

May 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #2,841 of 6,700
  Neither would i know it. Actually I prefer IEM with more closer vocals and emphasis on mids. Would u share some impression about 335dw? I would be appreciated if you help me on the choice between 334 and 335.

If they are your priorities in listening with IEMs, you will not go wrong with any of the FitEar customs as that is basically their house sound. The different models stretches or emphasizes certain frequencies for different genres. 

I have mentioned earlier in this thread that the MH334 is probably the easiest on the ears, nicely balanced and musical. But, at a guess, I think the 333 may be more specifically suited your preferences.

May 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #2,842 of 6,700
Female vocals may sound closer or more intimate through the 334. The custom that is voiced more for vocals is the mh334. The 335 is voiced a bit more for contrast, where thr extremes get more focus than the middle. There isn't a vast gap between them but for sure the 334 is the more vocal-leaning iem.

Thank you for your help. I would keep my 334s until the upgraded version of 335dw is released cause i wanna go for ciems right now.

May 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2,843 of 6,700

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, as I'm new to CIEMs in general. 335DW is my first custom. Prior to that I was exclusively a full-size headphone user. There are lots of people on this thread with extensive experience with customs - a handful of them have both the 334 and 335 - so I think it would be best to wait for them to post. You could also just take the time to read through the entire thread. Lost of impressions.

As far as the 335 goes, I selected it based on it's overall signature. It's quite well balanced without being boring or dry. There's more weight to lower frequencies compared to the other FitEar models, though I wouldn't call it bass heavy - at least not in the same vein as a JVC FX in-ear or Fostex TH headphone. To my ears, it's got a nice balance of soundstage (by IEM standards) and intimacy, though it's main weapon is it's natural sense of vigor. It's not hyper fast or anything like that, but every note it reproduces (especially the lower frequencies), it sounds like it means it. To me, that was the most striking quality about the 335 while I was demo'ing it against other customs.

If your primary focus is vocals, I think the 334 may offer that slight bit more intimacy and presence, though the 335 isn't exactly shelved with it's mids either. I mainly listen to electronica, post-rock and fusion/acid jazz type music, fwiw. For vocal-centric listeners, the 334 offers possibly a slightly more rounded sound, while the C435 should excel at classical/chamber type music more than the MH models.

Edit:
@shigzeo beat me to it. Disregard my drivel and just listen to him. He nailed it with the term "contrast".

Edit 2:
Just noticed that @spkrs01 also posted before me. Look at his profile and you'll see that he has almost all the FitEar customs (I assume his wife has a lot of handbags as well). He's probably one of the best people to ask with regards to FitEar comparisons.

May 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #2,844 of 6,700

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, as I'm new to CIEMs in general. 335DW is my first custom. Prior to that I was exclusively a full-size headphone user. There are lots of people on this thread with extensive experience with customs - a handful of them have both the 334 and 335 - so I think it would be best to wait for them to post. You could also just take the time to read through the entire thread. Lost of impressions.

As far as the 335 goes, I selected it based on it's overall signature. It's quite well balanced without being boring or dry. There's more weight to lower frequencies compared to the other FitEar models, though I wouldn't call it bass heavy - at least not in the same vein as a JVC FX in-ear or Fostex TH headphone. To my ears, it's got a nice balance of soundstage (by IEM standards) and intimacy, though it's main weapon is it's natural sense of vigor. It's not hyper fast or anything like that, but every note it reproduces (especially the lower frequencies), it sounds like it means it. To me, that was the most striking quality about the 335 while I was demo'ing it against other customs.

If your primary focus is vocals, I think the 334 may offer that slight bit more intimacy and presence, though the 335 isn't exactly shelved with it's mids either. I mainly listen to electronica, post-rock and fusion/acid jazz type music, fwiw. For vocal-centric listeners, the 334 offers possibly a slightly more rounded sound, while the C435 should excel at classical/chamber type music more than the MH models.

Edit:
@shigzeo beat me to it. Disregard my drivel and just listen to him. He nailed it with the term "contrast".

Edit 2:
Just noticed that @spkrs01 also posted before me. Look at his profile and you'll see that he has almost all the FitEar customs (I assume his wife has a lot of handbags as well). He's probably one of the best people to ask with regards to FitEar comparisons.

Good assumption,LOL. I decide to take his advice and keep my 334s. Thank you for your help.

May 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #2,845 of 6,700

If they are your priorities in listening with IEMs, you will not go wrong with any of the FitEar customs as that is basically their house sound. The different models stretches or emphasizes certain frequencies for different genres. 

I have mentioned earlier in this thread that the MH334 is probably the easiest on the ears, nicely balanced and musical. But, at a guess, I think the 333 may be more specifically suited your preferences.

Just noticed that you have tralucent 1p2. 1p2 and 334 are the only two iems I've got at my hand right now. Would you make a brief comparison between them? What kind of genres is 1p2 suitable for?

May 4, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #2,846 of 6,700
  Just noticed that you have tralucent 1p2. 1p2 and 334 are the only two iems I've got at my hand right now. Would you make a brief comparison between them? What kind of genres is 1p2 suitable for?

LOL 

I sold them both to you...the 334 secondhand. Can't compare my own product due to MOT status. 

May 4, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #2,847 of 6,700
  According to fitear official website, they're working on upgrade mh335dw to mh335dw studio reference, which enhances the mid and treble.

While all fitear customs are very good, there are obvious differences (obvious, not significant) between models. Amongst 435, 334 and 335 for example. I find 435 the easiest on the ears, 334 very pleasant and the 335 immediately impressive but probably can lead to fatique a bit easier after an hour or so of listening.

I find 334 a good balance between 435 and 335 but purists should go for 435 and 335 will give the most impact.

In any case, I think all of them are great choices!

May 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #2,848 of 6,700
Until now, I am still in awe of how wide and deep the soundstage of C435 is, so perfect for symphony/orchestra...

May 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #2,850 of 6,700
  After owning FitEar's for a while now, do you still get that 'I cannot believe I am hearing this!' feeling?

Depends on the earphone. The 333 and the Parterre are more realistic (less midrange depth). The 333 has been my favourite for a long time because it's like listening to a somewhat flattened out Ultrasone V curve, which I love. That and bass is very very tight. Parterre has some of the midrange liquidity (totally wrong word but it sounds good in audiophile conversation) of the of the ToGo!334. The ToGo!334 was the first FitEar earphone that made me jump out of my skin from time to time. Such midrange depth is still something most earphones simply can't pull. Roxanne is very very good at it, but lacks a bit of the upper midrange bite the ToGo!334 sometimes pushes out. Roxanne is more immediately endearing. ToGo!334 is one that quietly assaults your respectabilities a year or two on.

But I think that isn't usual. Parterre and 333 do not do that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back