May 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #2,824 of 6,700
Dark side as in dark sounding?
tongue_smile.gif

May 2, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #2,827 of 6,700
Dark sounds cooler to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

As opposed to warmer? 
wink.gif

Anyway, people say some of the Fitears are dark/warm.  I just read about 334 being so.  I personally had no problems with 650 and didn't think it sounded veiled, and it can be said that 650 is dark.  Same for 334, I didn't think it was dark.  Yes, it didn't sound super sparkly, but there wasn't that much sibilance, so it sounded smoother(not grainy like the Shures, although the textures had details) and that's what I liked.  That didn't mean it lacked detail, it picked up good amount of details.  I do tend to favor that sort of sound, maybe I'm into dark sound sig.  
L3000.gif

May 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #2,828 of 6,700
I dunno. I wouldn't call the MH334 or 335 dark. They're slightly warm and wet (maybe "lush" is a better term - especially the 335DW with 000 cable), but I wouldn't call them dark. Their high frequencies might not be quite as extended as the C435, but they don't sound shelved to me. I don't have that much experience with IEMs, but with regards to headphones, the MH models' signature sounds like a cross between Audeze LCDs (but without the veil) and a Stax SR007 to my uncultured ears.

May 2, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #2,829 of 6,700
I dunno. I wouldn't call the MH334 or 335 dark. They're slightly warm and wet (maybe "lush" is a better term - especially the 335DW with 000 cable), but I wouldn't call them dark. Their high frequencies might not be quite as extended as the C435, but they don't sound shelved to me. I don't have that much experience with IEMs, but with regards to headphones, the MH models' signature sounds like a cross between Audeze LCDs (but without the veil) and a Stax SR007 to my uncultured ears.

Lush is a bit too gushy for the FitEar house sound. The Roxanne is a lusher sound, but also more detailed in the 3D space than any FitEar earphone - in the mids and upper bass. The non-333 FitEar phones tend to be slightly hot in the mids, but cool down a bit in the upper mids and treble. They never put that great of pressure into the highs, but they are not dark or veiled. They are clearer sounding than the HD650 for sure, but not sparkly as said earlier.

They are also more sparkly than the Earsonics house sound, but not quite as 'gotta have the mids' feeling as the frenchies. In some ways, the FitEar phones sound a bit like toned-down Ultrasone headphones.

May 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #2,830 of 6,700
Dark side!? Suyama-san is like Obi-Wan Kenobi!!

So I assume the 000 cable is his lightsaber =D

Lush is a bit too gushy for the FitEar house sound.

Maybe I used the wrong terminology. They're definitely not gushy lush, but to my ears, the 335 sounded quite organic (as far as BA drivers go) and almost had a touch of tube to it's sound, which is why I ended up choosing them over the other models/makes.

May 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #2,831 of 6,700
@kurochin: I see where you're going with that. I heard that the 335DW were stark and even and was a bit worried. But after hearing them that was not the case at all. While not strict, they are well reined, but powerful, and at times, emotive.

May 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #2,832 of 6,700
Anyone can compare tg334 with mh335? I own togo334s currently and begin to consider selling it and purchasing mh335s.
I prefer jpop and kpop, mainly female vocal. I just wanna know which one is more suitable to my taste.

May 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #2,834 of 6,700
Tiling: I may be able to help with that. They are different within the house FitEar sound. The mh335 is more and end to end neutral player but lacks the emphasis on the mids that the togo334 has.

Thank you for your answer. So I guess 334 may outperform 335 on female vocals, right? I want earphones in which the vocals sound closer to me.
I've already ordered ve xcontrols and k10s, they all sound neutral, so i guess 334s here are more suitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back