The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,851 of 6,694
  While all fitear customs are very good, there are obvious differences (obvious, not significant) between models. Amongst 435, 334 and 335 for example. I find 435 the easiest on the ears, 334 very pleasant and the 335 immediately impressive but probably can lead to fatique a bit easier after an hour or so of listening.

I find 334 a good balance between 435 and 335 but purists should go for 435 and 335 will give the most impact.

In any case, I think all of them are great choices!

Thank you. Maybe I should wait until fitear releases its new product.

May 4, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #2,852 of 6,694
Tiling: I may be able to help with that. They are different within the house FitEar sound. The mh335 is more and end to end neutral player but lacks the emphasis on the mids that the togo334 has.
Honestly I listened to the MH335DW quite a few times and although I love, I am not sure I ever heard an iem FURTHER from neutral. At least as I define neutral.

May 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #2,854 of 6,694
He does not have 1plus2, he makes 1plus2
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL, I bought my 1p2 from him. I didn't know he's Gavin..

May 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,856 of 6,694
May 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,858 of 6,694
If they are your priorities in listening with IEMs, you will not go wrong with any of the FitEar customs as that is basically their house sound. The different models stretches or emphasizes certain frequencies for different genres. 

I have mentioned earlier in this thread that the MH334 is probably the easiest on the ears, nicely balanced and musical. But, at a guess, I think the 333 may be more specifically suited your preferences.

+1. Absolutely! 333 is wonderful for vocals

May 5, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #2,859 of 6,694
Anyone can compare tg334 with mh335? I own togo334s currently and begin to consider selling it and purchasing mh335s.

I prefer jpop and kpop, mainly female vocal. I just wanna know which one is more suitable to my taste.

If you mainly listen to pop of the J and K variety you'll definitely get more fun out of the 335DW due to the extra bass impact over the 334s. I use my 335DW with Jpop with female singers exclusively, it's pretty much perfect.

FWIW I'm also one of those fringe guys that never took a liking to any of the 334s, personally I found the 334s pretty boring for pop.

May 5, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #2,860 of 6,694
Honestly I listened to the MH335DW quite a few times and although I love, I am not sure I ever heard an iem FURTHER from neutral. At least as I define neutral.

It has a strong bass, but that is arguably neutral or not neutral, depending on the conversation, the engineers, etc. The other range is slightly v-shaped, but tends to mimic most studio sources. Mid-centric stuff like the ToGo!334 is typically bumped in the centre and can sound smooth, but is less natural as compared to studio reference. Studio reference is sometimes flat, sometimes tripped for bass, but rarely is tripped for treble. High mids, high bass, sure. MH335DW is rather like that but with quite the bass response. Again, depending on the conversation that could be construed as neutral or not. 

As compared to the ToGo!334, both it and the MH335 could be considered neutral as both have a more linear midrange. ToGo!334 is a bit hotter. 

May 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,861 of 6,694
It has a strong bass, but that is arguably neutral or not neutral, depending on the conversation, the engineers, etc. The other range is slightly v-shaped, but tends to mimic most studio sources. Mid-centric stuff like the ToGo!334 is typically bumped in the centre and can sound smooth, but is less natural as compared to studio reference. Studio reference is sometimes flat, sometimes tripped for bass, but rarely is tripped for treble. High mids, high bass, sure. MH335DW is rather like that but with quite the bass response. Again, depending on the conversation that could be construed as neutral or not. 

As compared to the ToGo!334, both it and the MH335 could be considered neutral as both have a more linear midrange. ToGo!334 is a bit hotter. 
To me the bass is present it is hard to consider it neutral...but I have not listened to the SR. But once again, it depends what is neutral. The most neutral iem I have is IMO the NT6, which can be considered a bit bass light and bright.

May 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #2,862 of 6,694

Sounds like that they are all cyborgs. :p

hmm, maybe they are? i'm waiting for spkrs02 to come out then 
tongue.gif

+1. Absolutely! 333 is wonderful for vocals

yes, agree with this, 333's vocal's sweet, quite forward (based on my comparison with 222, with all still demo mode)
222 tends to be more neutral, the more allrounder version than the others.

Anyone can compare tg334 with mh335? I own togo334s currently and begin to consider selling it and purchasing mh335s.
  I prefer jpop and kpop, mainly female vocal. I just wanna know which one is more suitable to my taste.

If you mainly listen to pop of the J and K variety you'll definitely get more fun out of the 335DW due to the extra bass impact over the 334s. I use my 335DW with Jpop with female singers exclusively, it's pretty much perfect.

FWIW I'm also one of those fringe guys that never took a liking to any of the 334s, personally I found the 334s pretty boring for pop.

why is 334 pretty boring? i find it attractive for a lot of slow pops and ballads a lot.

May 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #2,863 of 6,694

why is 334 pretty boring? i find it attractive for a lot of slow pops and ballads a lot.

Personally I find that the 335 has about the same mids as the 334, but the 334 don't have the low end of the 335.  So while the 335 could handle slow pops and ballads nearly just as well as the 334, the 334 can't hold a candle to fast beat pop/rock/metal songs as the 335 as it lacks the low end punch.  Thus the 334 is boring in comparison when it comes to pop.

May 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #2,864 of 6,694
To me the bass is present it is hard to consider it neutral...but I have not listened to the SR. But once again, it depends what is neutral. The most neutral iem I have is IMO the NT6, which can be considered a bit bass light and bright.

What's the difference between the NT-6 and NT-6p. It seems to me that NT6p is an upgraded version of NT6 according to what I've read on the forum.

May 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #2,865 of 6,694
  What's the difference between the NT-6 and NT-6p. It seems to me that NT6p is an upgraded version of NT6 according to what I've read on the forum.

According to those who have heard both, the regular NT6 is supposed to be "neutral", while the NT6 pro supposedly has enhanced sub-bass & slightly better sound stage abilities. I don't own the NT6, but own the NT6 pro and can attest that it has some of the most extraordinary bass I have ever heard. (and most certainly isn't bass light)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back