The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #2,941 of 6,678
Lukalop you should really stop asking all those weird things about FitEar. From weeks or months old, your attitude against their services, quality, products are seriously strange. Your demands are even stranger. You don't feel good about it, let it go buy something else, here in Europe we have wonderful products too.

May 9, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #2,942 of 6,678
  Lukalop you should really stop asking all those weird things about FitEar. From weeks or months old, your attitude against their services, quality, products are seriously strange. Your demands are even stranger. You don't feel good about it, let it go buy something else, here in Europe we have wonderful products too.

Hear Hear (pun intended).

May 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #2,943 of 6,678
I have already addressed my attitude and apologised. All I am asking is a simple question of how durable the pin connectors are. I never stated not feeling good about it, I am just asking. How is asking about a specific part of the product weird.
If you cannot answer the question then just don't respond, there is no need to dismiss the question for whatever reason you may think it is weird to ask. This is not directed just towards you, but there is no need for sarcasm and flippant answers or asking why I need to know, or why I would want to use it in such a way. That is irrelevant.

If the answer is: 'Not long at all,' great. That's all I needed to know and thanks for answering my question.

May 9, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #2,944 of 6,678
Well FitEar connectors are well known with their unique system and durability, there is nothing to ask more once you read this. If you gonna play with the connectors every day, nothing will stay durable long time.

In fact, generally pretty much everything about FitEar is well known with their durability, hand craftsmanship, attention to detail and similar hard worked achievements. After this point you have to ask only one question to yourself; do I go to Japan to buy one of their ciems or not? That's as simple as that. Making a fuss in here and creating scenes, giving strange examples are kind of pointless.

May 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #2,945 of 6,678
Well FitEar connectors are well known with their unique system and durability, there is nothing to ask more once you read this. If you gonna play with the connectors every day, nothing will stay durable long time.

In fact, generally pretty much everything about FitEar is well known with their durability, hand craftsmanship, attention to detail and similar hard worked achievements. After this point you have to ask only one question to yourself; do I go to Japan to buy one of their ciems or not? That's as simple as that. Making a fuss in here and creating scenes, giving strange examples are kind of pointless.

I was aware of their rebound build quality but just wanted to go a bit more in depth. I didn't know they were less durable than a standard headphone jack and now I know not to persistently fiddle with the connectors, if I hadn't asked I would have never known.

Thanks for your response.

May 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #2,946 of 6,678
Why wouldn't they last long though. I know it is different but on a headphone jack you can plug in and out all you like and they don't break.

Uhm, no. I've seen lots of headphone jacks come loose, malfunction or have their surrounding plastic crack. From those on laptops, to those on high-end stereo systems or amps, even those on supposedly bomb-proof DJ mixer consoles. Never underestimate a human being's capacity for violence.

May 9, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #2,947 of 6,678
On to the news...

Quote:
  Saw this on Fitear's fb. Want to try but I can't be at the Headphone Festival this week. 
frown.gif

https://www.facebook.com/fitear/posts/825538627474603

My friend also tipped me this today, and as amusing as it sounds, Suyama-san is trying something new (very different from what he's been doing till now) with this 「fitear」universal IEM. At my current level I can't read much what he posted so someone proficient in Japanese might want to have a look at the link (he also explained the reason for the name and so on).

May 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,948 of 6,678
Well, I have a Spiral Ear SE5way, it uses the standard 2 pin connectors but the manufacturer advised everyone not to play with connectors, if not needed don't unplug/plug them all the time, so maybe you can count them as a fragile. I don't really see the point of unplugging/plugging them all the time but so far I have used them almost a year, I have no complaints about the connector, seems pretty fine and protected in silicone earpieces.

Considering FitEar type is even more durable, I would have no doubt about their system, then you decide at the end what want to go after.

May 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #2,949 of 6,678
It is just taste differs, I wouldn't touch the JH16Pro ever for example.

As somebody said a while ago, there isn't a 'flagship' FitEar, they are simply equals with different favour. No need to fight for an nonexistent spot.

I like the 335DW in fact, it is just not something that I want to listen to a extended period of time, the 334's smoothness and musicality takes my mind off commuting easily and stay smooth and easy enough for power naps.

335DW if I ever gets it will be like a open top hot rod, absolute joy if the weather allows, 334 is something like a M5 comfortable when you want to, but still very engaging. For me the 334 is the most versatile in the line along with the 333.

I'm not fighting for the 335 for flagship sport, again I'm commenting on how people seem to hold the 334 as the

Goldilocks Fitear (ie as in everything done just right - not too hot and not too cold) and seem to always complain the 335 has too much bass, and some even exaggerating it to be unlistenable. Again just commenting the observation that the 335 is often criticised but almost none towards the 334.

If I learn anything from this hobby, we all have our own preference in the type of sound we like and individual perception differ so much I pretty much accept what I prefer is strictly a personal one.

Once you try fitear, none of us can really listen to Beats or Bose and there isn't really any point in even trying some of the mass (not necessarily cheap) brands.

For me personally, I much prefer the 334 over the 335 but would still like to use the 335 when I feel ambitious.

The truth is that the 334, 335 & 435 are all great ciems and every one of them should satisfy even the most critical listener (but still hoping for something better to be launched soon). When we compare one fitear with another, we will exaggerate the difference not because we want to, but we do hear the big difference.

If others disagree with me, it's what make this world so interesting. While this hobby means a lot to me, it's still only a hobby and I would take it very easy.... Like a grain of salt.

May 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #2,950 of 6,678
+1

May 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #2,951 of 6,678
They aren't that much thicker.. Especially not the analogy you used. In photos they appear 1/2 the width, if that.
How do you explain 2.5 mm cables also being durable in that case then.

Lukalop, that is something you will to find out for yourself. If and when you ever take the plunge. So, go and get something and learn hands on. Do yourself and everyone that favour. :)

May 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #2,952 of 6,678
If I learn anything from this hobby, we all have our own preference in the type of sound we like and individual perception differ so much I pretty much accept what I prefer is strictly a personal one.

Once you try fitear, none of us can really listen to Beats or Bose and there isn't really any point in even trying some of the mass (not necessarily cheap) brands.

For me personally, I much prefer the 334 over the 335 but would still like to use the 335 when I feel ambitious.

The truth is that the 334, 335 & 435 are all great ciems and every one of them should satisfy even the most critical listener (but still hoping for something better to be launched soon). When we compare one fitear with another, we will exaggerate the difference not because we want to, but we do hear the big difference.

If others disagree with me, it's what make this world so interesting. While this hobby means a lot to me, it's still only a hobby and I would take it very easy.... Like a grain of salt.

After quite a few hours at Jaben Singapore listening to the MH334s, 335s and the 435s, I've just put in an order for the 335s.

The key factor that led to this decision was actually swapping out the stock cable for Silver Dragons - this made a huge difference for me as the 335s with the stock cable was just a bit too bloated at the low end. The SDs really tightened up the bass and gave the mids and the highs a noticeable difference in detail. This combined with the promise of the SR mod was enough for me to choose the 335s.

In comparison, I loved the treble and soundstage of the 435s, but I really like bass (I'm coming from a non-FP pair of Jh16s) and the 435s just didn't have enough of it. Also, while I could listen to the 335s with the SDs for hours, I got quite fatigued by the 435s after awhile, simply cos of the level of detail in the treble range that they have. They're absolutely fantastic on the right kind of songs, but only if you're listening to a few songs at a time! Hopefully the SR mod for the 335s moves their treble signature in this direction cos thats the main area in which the 435s are better than the 335s for me.

May 9, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #2,953 of 6,678
After quite a few hours at Jaben Singapore listening to the MH334s, 335s and the 435s, I've just put in an order for the 335s.

The key factor that led to this decision was actually swapping out the stock cable for Silver Dragons - this made a huge difference for me as the 335s with the stock cable was just a bit too bloated at the low end. The SDs really tightened up the bass and gave the mids and the highs a noticeable difference in detail. This combined with the promise of the SR mod was enough for me to choose the 335s.

In comparison, I loved the treble and soundstage of the 435s, but I really like bass (I'm coming from a non-FP pair of Jh16s) and the 435s just didn't have enough of it. Also, while I could listen to the 335s with the SDs for hours, I got quite fatigued by the 435s after awhile, simply cos of the level of detail in the treble range that they have. They're absolutely fantastic on the right kind of songs, but only if you're listening to a few songs at a time! Hopefully the SR mod for the 335s moves their treble signature in this direction cos thats the main area in which the 435s are better than the 335s for me.

Thanks vq_aus for sharing your experience and congratulations on your purchase.

Your post has proven that we all have our own preference and the right decision is to buy into what we think is best.

Happy listening!!!

May 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #2,954 of 6,678

Strangely enough, I found the bass from JH16 more bloated than the bass on the MH335DW relatively speaking. I wonder if your JH16 on custom cable too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back