The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #2,761 of 6,678
I m sure others like cosmo would agree that living in HK is really both a blessing and a curse.... too many convenient demos/shops but too little money!!

Try living in Tokyo :p.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,764 of 6,678
Apr 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #2,765 of 6,678
Just a few years ago, CIEMs were absolute bollocks. Now the best of them compare favorably with flagship full-size headphones. That's improvement right there, is it not? Obviously, the closer the gap between upgrades/generations, the smaller the gains, plus there's always the possibility in that an upgrade might bring it's own set of regressions (cough, LCD3). That's why you try and decide for yourself.
I said it's a bigger factor for younger people. Doesn't mean it's a non factor for other age groups. Just that the young are prone to unannounced spurts (both sideways and upwards) more often.

Interesting, it seems I have been given misleading information.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #2,766 of 6,678
In my years here at head-fi, I've discovered that in the majority of cases people have already made up their minds when seeking advice and are mainly looking for approval; it's also often the case I find that people have made up their minds before they even hear something as to whether they want it or not.

One can think of reasons to not buy customs---and the above mentioned points are all valid----but what it really comes down to is whether you want them or not (assuming you can afford / procure them)? If you genuinely want customs, I have a feeling no amount of logic is going to satisfy you for very long. Consider too that you're posting in what is essentially a forum filled with enablers (including myself).

I have a feeling too you'll always wonder "what if?"

That being said, I also think the desire itself is often more potent than the supposed object of that desire. Once you get customs you may very well be somewhat disappointed. It's happened to plenty of folks I know, and not because the customs aren't good. If you can find contentment with your TO GO! 334, then I'd suggest waiting a bit longer perhaps. You're still young (graduating high school), and FitEar isn't going anywhere. Plus Suyama-san is always coming out with interesting new products.

Also I have to agree that customs are going to be potentially problematic if you're still at a highly plastic age. But then that's logic, and this hobby ain't that logical.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #2,767 of 6,678
In my years here at head-fi, I've discovered that in the majority of cases people have already made up their minds when seeking advice and are mainly looking for approval; it's also often the case I find that people have made up their minds before they even hear something as to whether they want it or not.

One can think of reasons to not buy customs---and the above mentioned points are all valid----but what it really comes down to is whether you want them or not (assuming you can afford / procure them)? If you genuinely want customs, I have a feeling no amount of logic is going to satisfy you for very long. Consider too that you're posting in what is essentially a forum filled with enablers (including myself).

I have a feeling too you'll always wonder "what if?"

That being said, I also think the desire itself is often more potent than the supposed object of that desire. Once you get customs you may very well be somewhat disappointed. It's happened to plenty of folks I know, and not because the customs aren't good. If you can find contentment with your TO GO! 334, then I'd suggest waiting a bit longer perhaps. You're still young (graduating high school), and FitEar isn't going anywhere. Plus Suyama-san is always coming out with interesting new products.

Also I have to agree that customs are going to be potentially problematic if you're still at a highly plastic age. But then that's logic, and this hobby ain't that logical.

Why would people be disappointed with a CIEM in this range (TOTL) as they are lauded and praised for their sound. Am I missing something?

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #2,768 of 6,678
Why would people be disappointed with a CIEM in this range (TOTL) as they are lauded and praised for their sound. Am I missing something?

This is because some people expect angels to come singing down from the heavens or getting inner ear massages after getting customs and realise that isn't the case. Also fit and comfort and even total isolation may not eventually be what some people expect or realise they want. 

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #2,770 of 6,678
The above posts make valid points. I'd also add a more general one however: when they desire something for so long and covet it, actually owning it can be anti-climactic for some people. This is true of any trophy. I think some people derive great satisfaction from desire itself, and desire once fulfilled is no more. Other times people look to objects to give them personal fulfillment in ways they simply cannot, as a sort of objet petit a.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #2,771 of 6,678
Anyone can help with a comparison between Toxic Cables SW, BW and Virus on a C435?

Currently, I using SW on my C435. Thank you

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #2,772 of 6,678
Why people here are saying fitear product with no resale value? 

What is the reason?

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #2,774 of 6,678
Because some people go in purchasing a CIEM expecting it to sound on par with TOTL headphones and blow away any universal iems.

Are you saying that the majority of headphones in this price range will sound better than BA drivers due to their earlier implementation time, thus manufacturers are still in the midst of improving BA drivers, where as dynamic drivers have been in the works for ages so manufacturers have been able to improve them because of their longer availability, but BA drivers (for use in music) are rather new so there is still room to be improved. If that's the case, I'll be waiting as long as possible for them to figure things out and iron out all the kinks that exist with BA drivers as it currently is.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #2,775 of 6,678
I think everyone just saying if you dont try them you will never know if the sound is for you or not!   But even when you  do try and even find the one you like, unless you stop reading the threads or looking at other IEM/CIEM you may still not be totally happy as there is always another great sounding product out there (well....we all know newer/improved not necessarily the truth but hey.....we are only human).  Or you read others reviews and they state a different IEM/CIEM has a different sound or they can hear different minute details and then you start thinking......I want to hear that!!

Basically, either be happy with what got.   Try as much as possible to find the next purchase and quit then.    Or buy, enjoy and research the next one!

(An expensive and never ending hobby)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back