The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #46 of 6,678
I don't know what grabs you but for me with the FitEar TG!334, MH335DW (and to a certain extent the Monet too), is the warm involving laid back signature. I was at Fujiya with a friend yesterday and we both tried out the MH335DWs (actually we tried it many times but just keep going back). The way he described it I think really pinpointed what the FitEar's signature is about - it has a tube-like signature. It feels natural, warm, provides detail in a very subtle way.

It's like the more you listen, the more you learn...but at your own pace.

To me, now that a lot of people can access the MH335DW, it's not really unique anymore. Also the store won't sell their demo's. One thing on how Japan works is that money doesn't always speak :wink: - doesn't matter how much you throw at them.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #47 of 6,678
That's why you should try a Jaben store in Hong-Kong or Mainland China, money speaks louder there :wink: Just kidding. We'll damn it, we'll have to settle for the customs. It's fine by me, I like customs better so far. Once again, the key issue is that forking over around 2000 $ for a pair of customs is still a little insane to me. I already thought the 1000$ range (my Miracle and nice cables) was kind of steep...but this.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #48 of 6,678
Stores are under clear instructions by Suyama, that Custom demos must not be sold. Without exception.

It is not about money! 

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #49 of 6,678
I agree that MH335DW is less warm than 334 but just a little bit. I really like the sound signature of Fitear, so I already make an appointment with Fitear to make my ear impression for MH335DW this coming saturday. I already sold my TG334 and this will be my first CIEM.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #51 of 6,678
Quote:
When exactly and where will this be held?? Discount for FitEar IEMs? Yes please.

It'll be in Nakano in the big building opposite the mall. More info from Fujiya's blog. Remember if you want customs, you'd need to monitor the blog to see when they're open to take appointment bookings for impressions for the day. On the other hand for the TO GO! universals, presumably Fujiya will set up a stall for selling gear. If you do, PM me. I may be able to help a little further.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #52 of 6,678
Quote:
It'll be in Nakano in the big building opposite the mall. More info from Fujiya's blog. Remember if you want customs, you'd need to monitor the blog to see when they're open to take appointment bookings for impressions for the day. On the other hand for the TO GO! universals, presumably Fujiya will set up a stall for selling gear. If you do, PM me. I may be able to help a little further.

Ahh, so it's in Nakano Sunplaza, cool. But February 9th? Bummer, I can't go since I have to be at Kochi on that date :/

Have fun sir! I'll probably go to the summer one.

Oh, and post some pics of the event please~

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #54 of 6,678
Quote:
Since i lost my JH-13s, these are a custom i would love to look into getting, the problem would be that you can only get them if youre in japan right?

Some customers are able to make custom MH335DWs via Jaben at least.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #55 of 6,678
I wonder how would you compare 335 to 1+2 AnakChan, since Lee was saying that 1+2 trumps To Go 334? :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #56 of 6,678
Quote:
I wonder how would you compare 335 to 1+2 AnakChan, since Lee was saying that 1+2 trumps To Go 334? :)

Hmmm...I'm gonna be the wrong person to ask this 'cos I really like the FitEar signature (well primarily the TG!334, MH334, MH335DW, and even to a certain extent the Monet series. I cannot speak for other FitEar models). In my opinion the two provide rather different and complimentary signatures. I won't say the 1Plus2 tumps over the TG!334 and would happily declare my differing opinion from Lee730 about this.

The aforementioned FitEar models give a more intimate warm and more tube-like presentation, whereas the 1Plus2 feels more like an analytical dissection of a musical piece. You may or may not have read my 1Plus2 review I wrote a few days ago (it's in my sig).

What I can say for myself is that I'm about 95% sure that I'm going to have a pair of MH335DWs made for myself (ideally a universal tip version but if not, then complete custom). I'm also looking for the complimentary backup IEM which I'm not certain if my 1Plus2 is it, or sell it to try other brands - Heir Audio, FrogBeats, Aurisonics, or Rhapsodio.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #57 of 6,678
Quote:

Hmmm...I'm gonna be the wrong person to ask this 'cos I really like the FitEar signature (well primarily the TG!334, MH334, MH335DW, and even to a certain extent the Monet series. I cannot speak for other FitEar models). In my opinion the two provide rather different and complimentary signatures. I won't say the 1Plus2 tumps over the TG!334 and would happily declare my differing opinion from Lee730 about this.

The aforementioned FitEar models give a more intimate warm and more tube-like presentation, whereas the 1Plus2 feels more like an analytical dissection of a musical piece. You may or may not have read my 1Plus2 review I wrote a few days ago (it's in my sig).

What I can say for myself is that I'm about 95% sure that I'm going to have a pair of MH335DWs made for myself (ideally a universal tip version but if not, then complete custom). I'm also looking for the complimentary backup IEM which I'm not certain if my 1Plus2 is it, or sell it to try other brands - Heir Audio, FrogBeats, Aurisonics, or Rhapsodio.

You want a complimentary to FitEar? (tube-like presentation). I assume that will be sort of brighter and analytical, but still smooth enough so it doesn't lose the musical feeling. I can think of one for you. Hidition NT6, one of the best clarity I have ever heard in a CIEM.  You simply not gonna miss any detail. And the bass is also great too. Very powerful with lots of rumble and extremely natural decay. It's like a ultimate reference IEMs. One of the flattest frequency response I have ever heard. Well that's just one of the option.

You can read some of average joe's multiple CIEM reviews, they are really helpful when you want to find a certain sound signature. 

I wonder how the bass on 335 compares to 334, because from my 334 auditioning, it has lots of bass impact especially on dx100.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #58 of 6,678
Quote:
You want a complimentary to FitEar? (tube-like presentation). I assume that will be sort of brighter and analytical, but still smooth enough so it doesn't lose the musical feeling. I can think of one for you. Hidition NT6, one of the best clarity I have ever heard in a CIEM.  You simply not gonna miss any detail. And the bass is also great too. Very powerful with lots of rumble and extremely natural decay. It's like a ultimate reference IEMs. One of the flattest frequency response I have ever heard. Well that's just one of the option.

You can read some of average joe's multiple CIEM reviews, they are really helpful when you want to find a certain sound signature. 

I wonder how the bass on 335 compares to 334, because from my 334 auditioning, it has lots of bass impact especially on dx100.

Thanks for the tip on the Hidition. I've actually never heard of them before so that's good to know. I'll do more research about them esp on average_joe's ginormous list.

About the difference between the MH335DW and TG!334, you're gonna have to take what I say with a pinch of salt since I owned the TG!334 for 8-9 months but I've demo-ed the MH335DW's on 5 occasions, each time ranging from 5 mins to 30 mins only (naturally these demos are with universal tips, not custom to my ears). IMHO, the MH335DW feels to have -less- of the warm rich bass the TG!334 has got - this is despite the "Double Woofer". If anything the bass is more controlled. The reason why it's merely my perception is because I don't know if there really is less bass in terms of frequency measurements, or if it's relative due to somewhat more extended highs on the MH335DW.

I won't say the MH335DW is tonally balanced, but relative to the TG!334, it's signature seems to be leaning more towards that path. These would be my initial impressions anyway. Only when I make a pair, listen to them for an extended period of time, can I feel more confident about what I hear.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #60 of 6,678
Quote:
I will receive my Miracle soon and I am considering a few Iems as complementary...and for now top contenders are 335, spiral ear se5, and NT6. Second rank comes lcm5, heir audio 8...

Sounds great~ You might need someone in Europe to help you if you want to get a SE 5 in Shanghai :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back