The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #4,816 of 6,678
hi anakchan. thanks for the clarification. but if i remember correctly, the mh334-sr mod does not have a titanium tube. (or maybe my memory is failing me, sorry if i am wrong)
Oh! Well now I have to check with FitEar again. Thx for the tip!

Jun 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #4,817 of 6,678
A little late to the party but finally received my MH335DWs.  Fantastic earphone and echo the sentiments of everyone else.  With the isolation and the resolving power of the earphones, am actually finding that a lot of the music in my Spotify playlist just wasn't recorded very well so off to find new music!  Tried the universal demo of the SR series but prefer the sound signature of the DWs for the type of music I listen to.  

Does anyone else have any discomfort issues with the stock cable that comes with the MH335DWs?  Seems like a very well constructed cable but I found that because of the size (and sharp edges) of the connector that attaches to the earphone, it would occasionally rub against my ear enough to be annoying.  Had pre-ordered the Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable and fit for those was much better (uses a smaller connector) so will probably be using this cable instead.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #4,819 of 6,678
I use the MH335DW with the Chord Mojo.  There is definitely an improvement in sound quality - bass is more defined and midrange has more presence.

However, main drawback seems to be the excessive amount of electrical interference that the unit suffers from when paired with a phone.  Not sure if I'm in a particularly noisy environment but even with phones on airplane mode, I still encounter an annoying about of interference and static.  

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #4,820 of 6,678
I use the MH335DW with the Chord Mojo.  There is definitely an improvement in sound quality - bass is more defined and midrange has more presence.

However, main drawback seems to be the excessive amount of electrical interference that the unit suffers from when paired with a phone.  Not sure if I'm in a particularly noisy environment but even with phones on airplane mode, I still encounter an annoying about of interference and static.  
put phone in Airplane mode or cut off wifi.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #4,821 of 6,678
I just got my MH355DW SR'd, the sound is incredible I wonder if they had to change a driver there is now a massive bubble wrapping around the bass unit. Which wasn't there originally.

Structurally how much does a big bubble weaken the head phone? Should I get them to fill it in?

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #4,822 of 6,678
I just managed to customise my MH335DW-SR for exercising. The Bluetooth/LDAC is a Sony MUC-M2BT1 (but sadly I don't have a Sony player to test LDAC) however it comes with MMCX connector.

A chap called Kamikodai-san of E4UA makes some wonderful adapters and this one is a short MMCX->FitEar connector.

I have a feeling I'd be happy enough to use this rig for my daily to/fro home and work too. On the bus & train where it's noisy, I don't think using Bluetooth will bother me.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #4,824 of 6,678
I do. The sound is okay (imo, their signatures dont perfectly matched) . I prefer Jh Angie for Mojo.

A little bright on the highs will be great with dap like mojo. Fitear sig tend to be a little too smooth for mojo. Ymmv.

Could you help to compare Angie and Togo 334? I am interested in both but couldn't find direct comparison between them. BTW, I will use phone and mojo to drive them. I listen mainly to vocals. I am also slightly bass headed. I also appreciate clarity and soundstage/separation. Thank you in advance.

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #4,825 of 6,678
Could you help to compare Angie and Togo 334? I am interested in both but couldn't find direct comparison between them. BTW, I will use phone and mojo to drive them. I listen mainly to vocals. I am also slightly bass headed. I also appreciate clarity and soundstage/separation. Thank you in advance.

Technically speaking, both are great iems. You can't go wrong with either one. So it really depends on what kind of signature performance you like.

Angie imo has more dynamic sound with a little more sparkle on the highs region (more fun and lively - more neutral but its not an overly bright iem), tg334 has a smoother highs (less trebleand more natural - more liquid sound). If you love accoustic kinda sound, Angie is a little more accurate delivering the sound.

The midrange on both quite good. For me, Angie is easier to catch the imgaging of the voice, but tg334, again, is smoother, thicker perhaps a tad more forward and better bodied compared to Angie. Btw, if u can find a matching dap player for tg334 (or perhaps u use the EQ), the midrange of tg334 is unbelieavably good and hard to beat.

For bass, i think the quantity are the same, but somehow i feel Angie can hit deeper and puchier.

Texture and resolution both are great. It will depends on what source player u use. Both can deliver great resolution sound.

Angie is more easier to pair with any playerr, while tg334 need to find a better player matching to sound at max (not neccesarily more expensive player! - but better matching i mean)..this is why i prefer MH334 to TG334.

Good luck. :)

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #4,826 of 6,678
Technically speaking, both are great iems. You can't go wrong with either one. So it really depends on what kind of signature performance you like.

Angie imo has more dynamic sound with a little more sparkle on the highs region (more fun and lively - more neutral but its not an overly bright iem), tg334 has a smoother highs (less trebleand more natural - more liquid sound). If you love accoustic kinda sound, Angie is a little more accurate delivering the sound.

The midrange on both quite good. For me, Angie is easier to catch the imgaging of the voice, but tg334, again, is smoother, thicker perhaps a tad more forward and better bodied compared to Angie. Btw, if u can find a matching dap player for tg334 (or perhaps u use the EQ), the midrange of tg334 is unbelieavably good and hard to beat.

For bass, i think the quantity are the same, but somehow i feel Angie can hit deeper and puchier.

Texture and resolution both are great. It will depends on what source player u use. Both can deliver great resolution sound.

Angie is more easier to pair with any playerr, while tg334 need to find a better player matching to sound at max (not neccesarily more expensive player! - but better matching i mean)..this is why i prefer MH334 to TG334.

Good luck. :)

That's great comparison! Thank you very much! Really appreciate this.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #4,827 of 6,678
Really dont know why Suyama wont allow us to directly SRed our custom. He insist to let us use 1st the original then we can propose it for SRing...strange i say while everybody knows studio reference improve in sound..in my case i feel so lazy to send to them back which ofcorse definitely will takes time..

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #4,829 of 6,678
Really dont know why Suyama wont allow us to directly SRed our custom. He insist to let us use 1st the original then we can propose it for SRing...strange i say while everybody knows studio reference improve in sound..in my case i feel so lazy to send to them back which ofcorse definitely will takes time..

It's certainly a much easier process for the SR upgrade in Tokyo.

Just apply on the website and in a month or two they email you when they are doing a batch. Send them in or take them back to the store. At most you are only without your headphones for a week.

Saying that I spoke to CIEM team at E Earphone and they say only a hand full of people bother to do the SR upgrade.

The sound quality is great but I must say the finish quality isn't as nice as it was pre being SR'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back