The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #5,312 of 17,484
Alright gentlemen, its my turn. I've been trying to fix the 64 gb situation since Tuesday. It has been formatted to FAT32, cluster size changed to 32k and yet, half the files, seemingly at random, will not play, garnering a "File Not Found" error message. There are plenty however, that will work, so its not an all-or-nothing situation.

The card works fine in my other Micro SD devices.

Thoughts?

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #5,314 of 17,484
Hello,
I got your problem.
It was linked to . m4a files. I've delete the songs in this format and then, no more database problems.
So you deleted all of your m4as? Isn't that the format that ALAC uses?

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #5,315 of 17,484
I've only one album in this format (aac are m4a files, used by Apple).
I don't have alac files.. Sorry..
Maybe you can try to upgrade your X3 database only with mp3 files, just for the try, into the sdcard

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #5,316 of 17,484
You guys need to stop fixing this 64 gig card problem....Its getting hard to resist buying one :frowning2:

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #5,318 of 17,484
I've only one album in this format (aac are m4a files, used by Apple).
I don't have alac files.. Sorry..
Maybe you can try to upgrade your X3 database only with mp3 files, just for the try, into the sdcard

The m4a problem was fixed in one of the recent firmwares. Just upgrade to the latest. You may need to clear out the database by removing the card and updating the library. Then you can put the card back in and update it again to pick up the contents of the card.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #5,319 of 17,484
You guys need to stop fixing this 64 gig card problem....Its getting hard to resist buying one
frown.gif

There is/was no 64GB card problem. There was a number of directories problem....

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #5,320 of 17,484
There was also allocation size. But thats basically the final straw, I guess I'm going to order it.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #5,321 of 17,484

Just out of curiosity, why was this an issue?

Thanks

Android is a good platform for smartphone and tablet but not for DAP. Dual-Core processor and 1GB Ram are the minimum requirement IMO.

My F805 was lag as hell and I can't really enjoy the music,even the sound quality is fantastic.

The system stability and implementation are the #1 priority before I consider to buy any DAP.

You may suggest iPod Classic is better than anything for fulfilling this condition but I think X3 is enough because I don't want to pay any additional cost to external DAC or amp , I just want a all-in-one DAP for my daily use.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #5,322 of 17,484
How do I get the player to list my songs (within an album) by tagged song name rather than the entire filename?

I just got my X3, since my iPod Classic died -- all of my music is in apple lossless .m4a format, created with dbpoweramp not iTunes. On the X3 screen, within the album, what I see is just the beginning of the long track name, which when one song is selected slowwwwwwly scrolls to the right -- e.g. when I select the album Transit of Venus, the song list is "Three Days Grace - 20" over and over, because the file names are e.g. "Three Days Grace - 2012 10 02 - Transit of Venus - 01 - Sign of the Times.m4a". These songs are correctly tagged, and show up in iTunes or other apple-lossless-compatible players with their song names.

Help, please?
Thanks (and apologies if this has been answered already, please point me to it, my searches were unavailing)

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #5,323 of 17,484
There was also allocation size. But thats basically the final straw, I guess I'm going to order it.

True, but that only affected you if you didn't use the recommended size as determined by your good self - that was a nice piece of detective work BTW 8^). AFAIK that won't be fixed since it is kind of (stretching things a bit) in spec.

The main problem now is the length of time it takes to index, and that sometimes it appears to lock up when indexing lots of tracks. I'm not sure what the limit is but I'd try adding thousand or so at a time to the card and then re-indexing in between each tranche.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #5,324 of 17,484
Uhhhh..... M4a is not lossless. .alac is lossless, m4a and m4p are lossy.

As far as indexing goes, I think I'd you temporarily put your idle power off to something big it will work. Either that or do it a couple times.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #5,325 of 17,484
I'm just curious as to why anyone would bother buying and using a DAP such as the X3 designed for hi-rez lossless files with low bitrate lossy audio files?  I don't mean to start anything it's just that I don't see the X3 being any advantage, particularily sound quality wise over any normal device designed to be used with low bitrate lossy files. Am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back