The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #4,503 of 17,484
Yes ...the first time I charge for like 6 hour it was still red but then I unplug and replug it turn green and still does not turn green cuz for the next 5 times ...wrote down the time I started charging ...have done from 7 hr to 4 hr but it is still red and sometimes the battery level is on half but it is still red ...never have shown green unless unplug and replug .

So I just charge like 3 hours and just unplug because it is always showing red .

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #4,504 of 17,484
I have noticed that the charge light won't change to green on its own, I have to unplug and replug. Not a big deal but has anyone else seen this?

Yes ...the first time I charge for like 6 hour it was still red but then I unplug and replug it turn green and still does not turn green cuz for the next 5 times ...wrote down the time I started charging ...have done from 7 hr to 4 hr but it is still red and sometimes the battery level is on half but it is still red ...never have shown green unless unplug and replug .

So I just charge like 3 hours and just unplug because it is always showing red .

Sorry... Repost forgot to add quote

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #4,506 of 17,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I refreshed it with nothing inside, in the Library (non- browsing mode) the tags are still there, in the file browser there is nothing. I have not put in an SD card ever in the X3 yet. I emailed fiio support and they suggesting formatting the entire thing. I will try your method of refreshing a few times first. If it still doesn't work Im gonna reformat and install FW1.25 in it. Thanks for all the help guys!

I think a few people had the Update Lib problem, but considering that nobody is going furious about it in this thread, I think it can be fixed easily one way or another. FW1.25 would definitely improve the situation if you are using M4A, but not sure if it helps with MP3, FLAC, etc. It is worth a try since it's easy, and I haven't head anyone bricking the X3 by doing it. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #4,507 of 17,484
Could you tell me please...
Where is the leather case for this player ?

I'd like to add to this question: what happened to this leather case:
e8d11609.jpg

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #4,508 of 17,484

How do you charge it? Through a computer, or wall outlet?
If you use a wall outlet adapter, could you tell me how much mA or A(mpere) output it delivers?
Somewhere on the charger it should say "output" followed by voltage and amperage.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #4,509 of 17,484
What do you mean by a regular thing?

Could you elaborate on how loud the volume pot had to be turned with using coaxial out of the X3?

Mostly it's attached via optical to my Mac Pro to drive my hd650 headphones. But I tried the X3 via coax and my se535ltd-j earphones. On low gain, volume was straight up or less. About what I would expect on optical.

Rob

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #4,511 of 17,484
Quote:
I'd like to add to this question: what happened to this leather case:
e8d11609.jpg

That leather case looks nice but i love the silicone skin, I think it's a brilliant design, I've ordered a black one. The leather case, though nice, would add significant bulk and reduced protection to a product that is already a little size challenged compared to most smartphones, if not in comparison to other music focused DAPs. It would be interesting to hear James thoughts on why FiiO decided to change from the leather case to the silicone skin.

Oh, and just as a P.S., I have found the sound of the X3 has improved significantly with some more hours on it. If I go to listen to my old Creative Zen MP3 player now, with the same files and the same earphones, it's very obvious  that the X3 is the much better sounding device in every area. I wake up every morning now more exited about taking my dog for her daily walk than she is, and that's saying something.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #4,512 of 17,484
Had the gapless issue rear it's head again today. This time The Beatles-Love, ripped form the DVD-Audio using DVD-Audio Extractor in uncompressed WAV format, transferred via JRiver media Center 18 to my X3. I hope the correction of this issue is a top priority for FiiO as I can't really emphasize enough how annoying it is to listen to a file and there are large gaps in the playback where there should be none.

When and how did this issue of gapless playback even begin? I have transferred all kinds of uncompressed WAV files to my old player,(Creative Zen),including the two I have had issues with on my X3 the last two days, and have never had any issues. These were also lossless files of hi-rez material and there were never any issues with gaps and i never had to check or insure that the tagging was correct. Why is it, or should it be, so difficult for hardware to recognize that even though there are track markers that the music is continious and should be played back that way? Plus, I thought lossless codecs were immune to gapless issues.

While I'm at it I may as well mention one other minor issue. I have found that when I delete a file on the player itself within the playerr, it removes the file but still leaves it's titles listed in the menu. To remove all traces of any file I have to connect the X3 to my PC and then remove the files that way. Has anyone else had this problem. I mean why even include the function of deleting files within the player if it doesn't remove all aspects of the file? This will happen either from files stored on the internal memory or files stored on a micro SD card and yes, i have the X3 set to update the library automatically and yes I have turned the player off and then turned it back on again and the file titles are still there, but when I click on them I get the message of, cannot play file not found, so it has deleted the music, just not the title headers.

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #4,514 of 17,484
Quote:
i  wanted this player bad to ive heard all the issues it is haveing .hopefully firmwares can fix it

Most of the issues are relatively minor. It's a great sounding player. I am enjoying it thouroughly. FiiO has promised to fix the issues with gapless playback which are for me the biggest issue. Gaps in between tracks where no gaps should be is unacceptable.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #4,515 of 17,484
Quote:
Most of the issues are relatively minor. It's a great sounding player. I am enjoying it thouroughly. FiiO has promised to fix the issues with gapless playback which are for me the biggest issue. Gaps in between tracks where no gaps should be is unacceptable.

whats scaring me is the charge light not turning to green.i wonder if its overchargeing the battery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back