The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #4,396 of 17,484
Hi, I have encountered a problem with gapless playback. I ripped the album "Irreligious by Moonspell" using a correctly set-up Exact Audio Copy (with pre-gaps detected in the individual tracks) into a "FLAC+cue" image and using Foobar I converted this into separate tracks. Between the first and second song, this album contains a crossfade-like transition, which should be fixed by the Gapless function. Unfortunately, it is able to play it correctly only in the image+cuesheet form. When playing the separate tracks, there is a noticeable gap which should not be there.

Can this flaw be fixed by upgrading the firmware?

V1.25 still has dependence on CUE ID3 tags for gapless playback, so no, sadly not (yet?).

Fix'd, thanks JJ69

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #4,397 of 17,484
Quote:
My X3 suddenly hang on me while playing a song.

Did a hard reset and all's fine.

Crossing my fingers now

me too.  Although it's only happened twice in the last week I'm not too worried.  It would just suddenly shut down in the middle of a track that it's played dozens of times.  Nothing would bring it back except for a hard reset.  Good thing I work at a hospital where there are lots of sharp syringes to press that reset button!

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #4,399 of 17,484
Can anyone compare the X3 to a C3/BH2 setup?

Aug 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #4,400 of 17,484
Quote:
looks like im going to skip the x3 and go wtih cowon.but i wish they made a small cowon with a micro sd card slot,looks like all there players with a slot are big

C2 is the smallest one with a card slot, I think.

Aug 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #4,401 of 17,484
Quote:
V1.25 still has dependence on CUE files for gapless playback, so no, sadly not (yet?).

No, the X3 is dependent upon ID3 tags for gapless playback. In order for gapless to function you must do all of the following: (1) Ensure that your files have ID3 tags. (2) Be sure that the "Gapless" function in the the X3's System menu is switched on. (3) Play your files back using the Category/Album fuction and not the File Browse function. The dependence upon the ID3 tags is most unfortunate, but it is FAR better than having to re-rip everything with a CUE sheet!

Aug 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #4,402 of 17,484
I got a Fiio E12 a week ago or so and it seems I don't really need it. I *think* there is an improvement but not sure. I think I'm going to end up selling it and possibly getting a secondary rig with the JDS Labs C5 I have.

The only issue I have is that the screen protector isn't very good or at least compared to the invisible shield I have on my itouch. I think I'll get one of those generic invisible shield ones and cut it down to the X3 screen size.

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #4,403 of 17,484
Protective Screen

I just got my X3.  I don't understand how to install the protective film.  A thin film protector came on the unit and says to peel off this mask after application completed.  What is meant by application?  If I apply one of the two protective films that came as an accessory, then I would put it over the thin film that came on the unit, thereby covering the sticker and thus the screen?

I just took out one of the two accessory protective films.  When I tried to peel off the "1. peel off before application," it stuck to the film.  I had to use my fingernail to remove it, and it leaves a very significant smudge. What did I do wrong?

Search within thread for protective film had no hits.

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #4,404 of 17,484
The X3 screen should have already had it on except with the tab thing on the side. You would just take that off and you are done.

However I think what they mean is if you install it from new you have to do a few steps. A typical screen protector has 3 layers. A protective layer on both ends and in the middle is the actual screen protector. You take off one end and put it on the screen. Then you take off the other side and all that remains is the screen protector and the two protective layers are removed.

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #4,408 of 17,484
If you're paranoid, don't play the Left channel audio test file. 
size]

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #4,409 of 17,484
Quote:
I remember someone saying X3 is not very good with M100 but it is matter of personal preferences after all, maybe you might like it who knows (I personally hate M100, horrible sounding cans). I can't say much for full sized cans but for iems GR07 and GR07 BE seem to be perfect match.

True, it was me.  Which is why I sold mine.  I listen to my M100s at home and my GR07 BEs on the road and the BEs are so much better out of the X3, so it was pointless to keep a player that only satisfied me half of the time.  LOL.  I sold it to another member here who's got the M100s as well and he came to the same conclusion...just not a very good match.  So if a person only rocks M100s...I'd pass on the X3.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #4,410 of 17,484
Quote:
V1.25 still has dependence on CUE ID3 tags for gapless playback, so no, sadly not (yet?).

Fix'd, thanks JJ69

yes, the new firmware will supports the gapless playback without Tags . all we need is time .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back