The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 19, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #4,306 of 17,484
Quote:

you can copy to your PC and them delete it from X3, we already paid for the whole album from HDtracks and it took us a lots of money ( I guess it maybe the bigger one order for HDtracks :)  

Hi James,
I bought my X3 before it came preloaded with the preloaded music. Is there any chance that I am able to redeem these songs and download them for free or at discounted price? I bought my X3 from ebay and was sent from HK.

Thank you!

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #4,307 of 17,484
something to check..for X3 owner.

when you copy your song from pc to X3 micro sd card (plug the micro usb to your x3)...and then once your x3 read the file already..did it change the music folder to read-only?

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #4,308 of 17,484
I've just done the 1.25 update and it fixed the M4A ALAC tagging problem perfectly.

I simply had to update the index without the SD card, then do the index again with the SD card inside.
My 64GB card was filled with 60GB of M4A ALAC and it detected everything fine. All the tags and cover art seems to be there.

My only wish now is to be able to choose [Category > Artist > Album], and also to be able to go to the album track selection anytime you are in the playing (cover art) screen. (actually that's two wishes).

Thanks for the great update!!

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #4,309 of 17,484
Quote:
I've just done the 1.25 update and it fixed the M4A ALAC tagging problem perfectly.

I simply had to update the index without the SD card, then do the index again with the SD card inside.
My 64GB card was filled with 60GB of M4A ALAC and it detected everything fine. All the tags and cover art seems to be there.

My only wish now is to be able to choose [Category > Artist > Album], and also to be able to go to the album track selection anytime you are in the playing (cover art) screen. (actually that's two wishes).

Thanks for the great update!!

Yes, the Cat > Artist > Album will make the navigation much more easier !!

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #4,310 of 17,484
Quote:

Once "Category --> Artist --> Album" is implemented, the X3 will be 100% perfect for me (now it's "only" 95%
L3000.gif
).

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #4,311 of 17,484
Quote:
Once "Category --> Artist --> Album" is implemented, the X3 will be 100% perfect for me (now it's "only" 95%
L3000.gif
).

Code:
[size=14px][color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=arial] The bread will have of, the milk will also have of, everythings all there will be [/font][/color][/size]

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #4,313 of 17,484
Quote:
Glue pretty much means replaceable. Because seriously, it's not hard to remove if the battery is only glued to it. Most electronics glue is a thin strip of 'tape glue'. 

If this happened to me, I would just have FiiO ship me a new battery with pre applied glue(with peelable stickers over the glue) to me and replace it myself as I have the know how on how to open and close the device along with its annoying hold button. 

Seriously, if it weren't for that hold button, you could just open it right now and see what is up. I mean you could, if you think you could get the device back together.

I tried contacting FiiO and MP4 Nation at the same time. It does not seem that MP4 Nation wants to do anything about it. I showed them the video and all they asked me if it still works and if it was like when I first got it. Something is moving inside. How are those questions even relevant....

FiiO did not reply back to my e-mail. I'm considering contacting my visa company to reverse the charges on this order if I don't get this settled by tomorrow. I paid using paypal and it went through my visa. Do you think calling visa and sending in a complaint would work in my situation?

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #4,314 of 17,484
Quote:

It isn't that Cat > Artist > Album is not working, in fact it is, but only if you have all your songs in one massive folder with no folder structure on 64Gb cards.

What you are seeing is a symptom of the X3 not indexing any files to the MediaLib database, which is what the 'Category' function uses.

If you check, the only thing in your database at the moment, that works with the 'Category' function, will be the album that the X3 shipped with.

Fiio are aware of the folders issue and I believe it is due to be fixed in a future patch. Until then, it's use the 'Browse' function only.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #4,315 of 17,484
Using the latest firmware made me realize if you fill up your 64gb card, u will no longer be able to use the categories anymore.. Now when i click on the album title, there r no songs to display...all flac files

I can only browse by files now..lol

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #4,317 of 17,484
i cant decide if i should get this player or not..what i want from a player is great sound quailty and the abilty to be able to drive any headphones

The X3 drives most headphones, so that might nit be a problem.

Using the latest firmware made me realize if you fill up your 64gb card, u will no longer be able to use the categories anymore.. Now when i click on the album title, there r no songs to display...all flac files

I can only browse by files now..lol

I had this too. Update library without card, then update again with the card in it.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #4,319 of 17,484
Quote:

It isn't that Cat > Artist > Album is not working, in fact it is, but only if you have all your songs in one massive folder with no folder structure on 64Gb cards.

What you are seeing is a symptom of the X3 not indexing any files to the MediaLib database, which is what the 'Category' function uses.

If you check, the only thing in your database at the moment, that works with the 'Category' function, will be the album that the X3 shipped with.

Fiio are aware of the folders issue and I believe it is due to be fixed in a future patch. Until then, it's use the 'Browse' function only.

Hi phlashbios,
what you described above is an issue with the indexing/categorizing of files in an SD card, which prevents the correct listing of the songs in the right category under "Artist" or "Album" or "Genre". This seems to affect mainly (or only ?) the users with a 64Gb card, and this is probably due to the number of files/folders included in the card.
I own a couple of 32GB cards, almost full to the top with 320kbps MP3, and I never had any problems so far with indexing/re-indexing whenever I was switching cards (library set to "auto update"). But it seems that the problem definitely exists for people with 64Gb cards.

What most of the people are actually referring to in the previous posts as "Artist--> Album" issue is the improved ability to browse the "Artist" category and inside each Artist's folder having some sub-folders for each of the artist's albums. This feature is not implemented yet in X3.
Of course, a clear prerequisite to implement this new navigation feature is to solve the problem with the file indexing mentioned by you, otherwise the Categories will be just empty and there would be not too much to navigate through 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #4,320 of 17,484
has anyone tried to revert back to 1.24...?  I am really not an Apple guy and would love to go back to 1.24 so that I wont need to browse files..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back