The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #2,896 of 17,484
Quote:
That's strange, I live in Norway and I've purchased from them many times.....

Yep

I am a regular HD track customer too and I am not in US. No problem here either. Just use paypal to pay.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #2,897 of 17,484
Quote:
Yep

I am a regular HD track customer too and I am not in US. No problem here either. Just use paypal to pay.

I get the below when I try to add anything to my basket:

"This title is not yet available for download from HDtracks in your territory due to current contract restrictions. We are working hard to soon be able to offer this title and many others in pristine high resolution quality. Please continue to check back for further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience. We look forward to having your business."

And this appears on the profile page by the place where you are supposed to set your country (mine says United States, which is the default, but not the strict truth):

For the time being, HDtracks only sells to U.S. Residents

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,898 of 17,484
Quote:
I get the below when I try to add anything to my basket:

"This title is not yet available for download from HDtracks in your territory due to current contract restrictions. We are working hard to soon be able to offer this title and many others in pristine high resolution quality. Please continue to check back for further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience. We look forward to having your business."

And this appears on the profile page by the place where you are supposed to set your country (mine says United States, which is the default, but not the strict truth):

For the time being, HDtracks only sells to U.S. Residents

Actually, I've found that it seems to be only certain albums that they won't sell abroad, and that's more than likely due to contractual/licensing restrictions imposed by record labels in certain territories (not entirely dissimilar to the B$ with 'Region' codes on DVDs / Blu-Rays).

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #2,899 of 17,484
Quote:

Actually, I've found that it seems to be only certain albums that they won't sell abroad, and that's more than likely due to contractual/licensing restrictions imposed by record labels in certain territories (not entirely dissimilar to the B$ with 'Region' codes on DVDs / Blu-Rays).

Ah. That may be true. Unfortunately it's everything I try to buy....

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2,900 of 17,484
Jul 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #2,901 of 17,484
Quote:

Believe me, I've been in the same boat myself. I got thoroughly p1$$ed off with HD Tracks because of this and just gave up with them altogether until they get their act together.

Here's one example:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-24-bit-for-bit-pg-1-reviews-impressions-downloads-video-new-firmware-1-4-2/2400#post_8241988

After a bit of experimentation, it looks like I can get stuff from record labels I have never before heard of, or UK (which is where I am) labels. None of the major labels, of course. Still, plenty of good stuff to use my voucher on 8^). A pity they couldn't make the website easier to use by, I don't know, maybe not listing anything you can't buy, or at least telling you BEFORE you try and buy it.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #2,903 of 17,484
Quote:
to James.
I have a question.
Is there some sound tuning in firmware 1.23?
I can feel more bass than fore firmware version.
If it is, I think you must instruct at firmware download page. Thank you for reading and I expect your answer.

we have not change any sound setting in firmware 1.23 and we will consider to provide all the versions on our website but I think it is unnecessary.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 14, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #2,904 of 17,484
we have not change any sound setting in firmware 1.23 and we will consider to provide all the versions on our website but I think it is unnecessary.

If you say so, I think my X3 was not perfectly tuned before.
Because I disagreed with this opinion; 'X3 is warm'. My X3 was very sharp and cold. In Aviator 2.0, my X3's bass was not strong. Rather, it was bass-less. However, now, I can agree with X3's sound is warm. I think firmware 1.23 revised some untuned X3 such as mine. So, if someone worry about upgrade your firmware, you don't have to worry it. Thanks James!

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #2,906 of 17,484
Jul 15, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #2,908 of 17,484
Could you tell me when the leather case for X3 will be avaliable ?

There has not been a release date given yet, and IIRC that's not the final design.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,909 of 17,484
2 of my Dr. Chesky album APE files are not recognized... format not supported... hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back