The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,681 of 17,484
I strong believe James(Fiio) is an honest & very frank person when come to technical issue.
Most probably the "gapless" feature cannot be fixed in X3 may due to hardware limitation?
If it is just firware, James (Fiio) should have solved the issue before the product release.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #1,682 of 17,484
There IS no gapless issue, it's there to use. I don't really know why some are ignoring the fact it works as it should. Play an album, it's on.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,684 of 17,484
Quote:

If Sansa can implement gaplesss playback flawlessly in the $24 Clip, then it can certainly be done at any price point.

Sansa did not implement flawless gapless playback in the Clips. They are only truly gapless with Rockbox installed.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,685 of 17,484
So happy that I gapless isn't something I care about on a portable player.

Hopefully everyone else finds a happy medium.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #1,686 of 17,484
I don't know about you guys, but when I play my albums and gapless works, that's just fine. it would be good to have it on folder browsing mode, but it isn't there, yet. I know james said it can't be fixed but that doesn't really mean it won't be fixed, ever... maybe at this point in time they can do nothing about it but who knows - they might just include it in firmware upgrade next time. I know, all of this is speculation and everyone wants everything now (as it seems, it's essential feature for some), but still...

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #1,687 of 17,484
Don't understand why people start criticising on an product made which is not even in their hands yet.

All you need for gapless playback is to tag your files. Although I've spent half a day tagging my files (previously using iPod), I'm satisfied when I updated my library in x3 and gapless playback works perfectly.

I mean, what's the problem now? Unless you are just a lazy dude who are too lazy to tag your own files. I've been using x3 for a month now, on 1.0fw now and I would say that the UI is now quite stable and everything works fine.
SQ wise it's better than clip and imod (yes I've tried rwa imod 4 gen using fiio amp)

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #1,688 of 17,484
Quote:
Don't understand why people start criticising on an product made which is not even in their hands yet.

All you need for gapless playback is to tag your files. Although I've spent half a day tagging my files (previously using iPod), I'm satisfied when I updated my library in x3 and gapless playback works perfectly.

I mean, what's the problem now? Unless you are just a lazy dude who are too lazy to tag your own files. I've been using x3 for a month now, on 1.0fw now and I would say that the UI is now quite stable and everything works fine.
SQ wise it's better than clip and imod (yes I've tried rwa imod 4 gen using fiio amp)

I agree completely on the premise....tag your files, people!  Maybe for the uninitiated, this link would be helpful....http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #1,689 of 17,484
Wake me up when the X3 arrives in the US. This thread has devolved into "Whine whine whine, complain complain complain, gapless playback doesn't work when I don't use it properly, this product stinks even though nobody other than ClieOS has used it yet..."

Jeez, no wonder few companies make high-quality DAPs these days. 
size]

/rant 
size]

James, I think it's awesome that Fiio is developing a product like this. I will be ordering one as soon as it arrives in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back