The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 13, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #17,431 of 17,484
Actually I use windows 10 Pro N this time, while before it was windows 10 Pro. Anyhow. I'm about to throw my hands up. Thanks for the input though!
Since I just did a clean install too, I figured I'd setup my X3…
I'm running Win10 LTSC v.19044.2130. The X3 is running v3.4 firmware, and I installed v.4.13 drivers. When I first plugged the X3 in it'd just charge - like I mentioned earlier, the stock USB2 audio drivers have never worked for me with any device. After installing the Fiio drivers the X3 immediately went to DAC mode and all is good.

This probably doesn't help you much, but a little info anyways. What I'm wondering about is the Pro N version you installed. IIRC the N version of Windows doesn't have the Media Player stuff so maybe there also is some background process missing that's keeping the X3 from working properly. I know it's a pain but maybe try reinstalling the non-N version you were using before and see if it helps (install the non-N as VM - or maybe dualboot - so you don't wipe your system for nothing. Even better… create a Macrium backup so you have a full restore to fall back on in case the new install doesn't help)

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #17,432 of 17,484
Thanks Trev, I really appreciate the feedback. Yup, the N version of Win10 might be the culprit, after all. But I must say that the N version is so much lighter than the regular Pro version that I will just keep it. All that extra bloatware is not worth it for the X3 to be used as a DAC.

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #17,433 of 17,484
hello, can anyone help me get a 256gb card working? "file system not supported" when i try to access songs on it. i thought i formatted to FAT32 in my linux pc, but still no joy. am i missing something obvious?

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #17,445 of 17,484
Has anyone here had experience with both this original X3 and the X3 2nd gen? I am thinking about buying a 2nd gen second hand as I think I've found a good deal. I just don't like the idea of a touch screen music player with very limited buttons which is basically all DAPS now.

The X3 2nd gen looks to have a 10 band equalizer that goes from -6 to +6 and has no bass and treble boost like the original X3. The software EQ on the original X3 is very weak. Going up to +6 on any frequency only makes a slight increase. More like +2 or 3 steps in the bass and treble boost. Is the X3 2nd gen EQ much more effective than this?

I have my K550s at +8 - +10 bass when traveling due to vibrations on public transport. I wouldn't mind a bit less, but I hope it is far better than the EQ of my X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back