The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #15,841 of 17,484

Indeed. And the hardware EQ is a must.

I have to admit that I am mainly using the X3 with the equivalent of a 100W QUAD Current Dumping amplifier fed from a graphic equaliser and into loudspeakers. The amplifier was bought as a kitset when I was a member of a local audio club, The kits had been assembled by the Engineering division of the New Zealand Broadcasting Service where the amps had been used for monitoring purposes. There were a number of assembled boards that were surplus to requirements at the time. If I remember correctly, the kit comprised the power transformer, bridge rectifier and filter capacitors as well as a stereo pair of assembled boards (which included the output transistors) so I designed a case to house it all - as well as the OT heatsinks, of course - and got that made, then I assembled it and it's been working without a hitch for years now.

The loudspeaker cabinets are solid concrete.

I also use the system with a Sony SACD player and I find the equalisation set up for that in the octave equaliser works really well with the X3 so I haven't felt any need to use the equalisation setup in the latter.

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #15,842 of 17,484
Both generations of X3 are called the "X3." Check the pictures of the production model boxes. For that reason, it should be okay to discuss both generations on the "Fiio X3 Thread."

Perhaps someone could start a new thread for 1st gen. X3 users/owners who aren't interested in the 2nd gen. X3?

Not everyone here is looking to get into long discussions,or even particate at all. Many people come here and read these threads for info on a specific product. Once a different product than the one referenced in the thread name starts dominating the conversation, the whole thing becomes much less useful for those coming here to find model-specific information.

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #15,843 of 17,484
Hey dudes,i was willing to have confirmation about one of the X3 specs: does it is really possible to bypass even the X3 dac to a dedicated portable dac device?

Cheers
Antonio

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #15,845 of 17,484
  Hey dudes,i was willing to have confirmation about one of the X3 specs: does it is really possible to bypass even the X3 dac to a dedicated portable dac device?

Cheers
Antonio

Yes. Using the coax out bypasses the X3's DAC.

+1 works very well. With X3, X3ii, X5 but get the "right" COAX cable. The one from my DX50 does not work on my X5 (or the X3ii I tested). I am not sure if the X3 came with a COAX cable.

Anyhow, here is what works with my X5 (left is the the iBasso DX50 COAX cable that does not work on Fiio devices, the right one works!

Cheers,
K

EDIT: your portable DAC needs to have a coax in - not many have that....

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #15,846 of 17,484
  My vote, this thread should be X3 Classic (1st Gen).  X3 2nd Gen should be a new thread (already created).  I think starting a new X3 Classic (1st Gen) would be silly as most of the info. in on this thread.  I think as people get used to it, they will post in the other thread (I think & hope).

I like the name "X3 Classic".
normal_smile .gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #15,847 of 17,484
Apr 21, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #15,849 of 17,484

Now if we can get someone to change the thread title to "X3 CLASSIC ONLY - X3 2nd GEN STAY OUT" 
biggrin.gif

They can visit just not move in LOL
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #15,851 of 17,484

The X3 I bought on Amazon was bundled with a COAX cable and a 64 GB card.  However, the coax cable that came with it had an RCA plug on both ends, so it would not plug into the X3 without an adapter.

The X3 comes with a COAX adapter.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #15,852 of 17,484

Now if we can get someone to change the thread title to "X3 CLASSIC ONLY - X3 2nd GEN STAY OUT" 
biggrin.gif

You'll be wanting to contact @eke2k6, the thread starter, for that.

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #15,854 of 17,484
I'm sorry if it might be obvious, but does the Fiio x3 1st gen have a HARDWARE eq in the latest FW versions , instead of the Hardware bass- and treble- adjusters ?
I boght a x3 online mainly becsuse of the warm sound and its Hardware based eq functon and i cannot wait to know this, so please let me know about this.
Maby I will try this device and compare it in terms of sq and tell you my thoughts as a really young (15) “audiophile“ with a realatively small budget(This is my first post by the way...and English is not my native Language)

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #15,855 of 17,484
I'm sorry if it might be obvious, but does the Fiio x3 1st gen have a HARDWARE eq in the latest FW versions , instead of the Hardware bass- and treble- adjusters ?
I boght a x3 online mainly becsuse of the warm sound and its Hardware based eq functon and i cannot wait to know this, so please let me know about this.
Maby I will try this device and compare it in terms of sq and tell you my thoughts as a really young (15) “audiophile“ with a realatively small budget(This is my first post by the way...and English is not my native Language)

No EQ is software based. Bass and treble still hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back