The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 3, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #13,786 of 17,484
So since I'll be starting fresh, what do you folks consider the "best" or most stable firmware now?

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #13,788 of 17,484
3.22 beta & 3.24 beta are so well ... The only glitch in the 3.24 that the battery indicator is not accurate ..but i don't bother .. I am fine with it ... The 3.22 is just fine so far

Thanks. I'm pretty laid back as far as ui and flaws with it go. I'll try 3.22 first and see how it goes

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #13,789 of 17,484
If you mean e11k ... I would say go for x3... I have e11 and it has minimal effect if any from the headphone out of the player + fiio x3 is stronger than the e11 in terms of power and sound quality

For me, the E11 is quite a bit louder through the X3's line out compared to listening through the headphone out of the X3 directly. The E11 also seems to have more treble than the X3 does on flat.I would have thought that the E11K would sound better still.
It could just be the headphones I have tried this with. The Audio Technical ATH-AD700s already have a lot of treble but through the E11 when high gain is on, they sound like the X3 does on +2 treble. It for sure doesn't make a huge improvement but it does improve the sound a little through my headphones. When I am on the move though, I still just use the X3 directly with my AKG K550s.

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #13,790 of 17,484
He tried that email already.

remember  -maybe there is some problems with gerelmx email-address, or signature on them?
It is possible an spam-filter delete his mail before it reach an destination.
Be good to try to write from another email, i think...?

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #13,791 of 17,484
I guess so. someone has this battery issue a few post back the thread. The X3 is not intended to be use as a DAC but as a DAP. But im not sure just my opinion. 

Well, it can be used as an usb-dac not exclusive as DAP only....The electronic has the intelligence to protect the battery overcharge so I dont think its an issue and degrade battery life if it has a prolonged USB/power connection.....

As said. I do believe it should have that function but since I have had my X3 only for several months, I still can't say for sure if the batt life is getting worse.
Plus it always gets charged ...

The battery has internal circuitry to prevent overcharging, the only issue with leaving it permanently on charge is a reduced battery life. If you want to prolong the batteries life it's good practice to keep it out of hot environments and drain and charge the battery at least once a month.

Thanks. I'll probably drain it once in a while. And it's cold here so no worries about hot environment :D

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #13,792 of 17,484
For me, the E11 is quite a bit louder through the X3's line out compared to listening through the headphone out of the X3 directly. The E11 also seems to have more treble than the X3 does on flat.I would have thought that the E11K would sound better still.
It could just be the headphones I have tried this with. The Audio Technical ATH-AD700s already have a lot of treble but through the E11 when high gain is on, they sound like the X3 does on +2 treble. It for sure doesn't make a huge improvement but it does improve the sound a little through my headphones. When I am on the move though, I still just use the X3 directly with my AKG K550s.

I agree with you in describing that effect of that combination .. But the extra strong sound is due to the strong signal from x3 not that the e11 is strong ... And it gives the delusion of better sound because of its forward midrange ( x3 has laid back sound) but the extension of lowes and highs is better from headphone out ... When i use it to drive my super inefficient akg k171mkII it drives it very well on the contrary of e11 which distorted!
BTW .. I don't believe that will be a huge difference between e11 & e11k

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #13,793 of 17,484
I assume that any 64GB SDXC, HC has sufficient data transfer for the highest res. music, so other than reliability, go for price. I have 3.2 firmware and I started using it with that rev so I don't know about earlier, but I can and did format the card in the Fiio, just to be sure it would work. I got a Samsung at Best Buy for $25 and while I prefer Sandisk, wanted immediate gratification.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #13,794 of 17,484
  remember  -maybe there is some problems with gerelmx email-address, or signature on them?
It is possible an spam-filter delete his mail before it reach an destination.
Be good to try to write from another email, i think...?

they are answering now (the fiio team) :)... the seller no answer...

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #13,796 of 17,484

very good, that fiio answer. keep us informed, when problem be resolved, please ( hope, your problem resolves quickly).

The question is who is responsible for my support?... I remember the local seller, told me "all is with me, any problem contact me an di contact fiio representatives for support"

Because i did not get answer from Mr. dealer i decided to ask then directly to FiiO which seems to be giving results, they told me today they will give me an utility to try to flash the x3 firmware using the computer, hope this works...

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #13,797 of 17,484
  The question is who is responsible for my support?... I remember the local seller, told me "all is with me, any problem contact me an di contact fiio representatives for support"

Because i did not get answer from Mr. dealer i decided to ask then directly to FiiO which seems to be giving results, they told me today they will give me an utility to try to flash the x3 firmware using the computer, hope this works...

As i understand, de jure responsible is seller, wrom who you purchase. But as it not answer you, and Fiio contact with you, you do not have a variants, as i understand....

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #13,798 of 17,484
Already tried Flashing  the fiio x3 using the USB connection from my pc, followed all the steps listed in the guide, the fiio x3 did flash correctly but when disconnecting from pc i still cannot turn it on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back