The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #13,756 of 17,484

That's good to know. With a class ten, does it take like a minute? five minutes? I don't need an exact time, but if anyone has an estimate, i'd appreciate it! 

With my 64gb 10 class mSD card I have an average of 25-30MB/sec writing speed.
(In the SD card slot, of course. Via USB mass storage it is much slower.)

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #13,757 of 17,484
  I use a galaxy s5 to play music, looking for something that's good, will the x3 be a good step up? The x5 is a bit pricey..

If you use a headphone or earphone which cost more than the player (generally speaking), you can experience significant difference. 

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #13,758 of 17,484
  With my 64gb 10 class mSD card I have an average of 25-30MB/sec writing speed.
(In the SD card slot, of course. Via USB mass storage it is much slower.)

Wow. The card reader in my laptop maxes at 14MB/s with my class 10 cards (it is pretty old though). Way better using a reader than usb indeed.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #13,761 of 17,484
  @TheoS53   Interestingly, with my DX50, the sound quality is noticably  better with the mid-gain setting than lo gain.  I have to say though i've not noticed as obvious a difference with the X3.

I've just had the X3 for a few days, but I noticed a big improvement going to high gain vs low gain. Low gain had more compressed dynamics, more grain in the treble. For example, Art Gafunkel's voice with low gain sounded like rayon, high gain sounded like silk on a 16/44 flac of What a Wonderful World. The air around high voices improved with high gain. Low voices like my 24/96 of Strange Days with Jim Morrison's voice not as affected. I'm using 3.2 firmware, using old Grado SR225e and Ultrasone DJ1 headphones just out of the box. Both phones are 32 Ohm, not particularly hard to drive with very different sound signatures, but both were equally affected by the change. Even though I have to put the volume at less that half, I'm sticking with high gain. Low gain makes mine almost as bad as an iPod. I'm glad I found that switch!

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #13,762 of 17,484
Good to know. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and am looking to test high gain vs low gain as well as x3 alone vs line out to topping nx1. I'm also curious to go line out to my audio gd nfb 10se to see how this works out as a source when I don't want to use my pc.

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #13,763 of 17,484
Received no answer on my dead fiio x3 issue, seems fiio has lost a customer, so going back to Sony Walkman

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #13,764 of 17,484

I've just had the X3 for a few days, but I noticed a big improvement going to high gain vs low gain. Low gain had more compressed dynamics, more grain in the treble. For example, Art Gafunkel's voice with low gain sounded like rayon, high gain sounded like silk on a 16/44 flac of What a Wonderful World. The air around high voices improved with high gain. Low voices like my 24/96 of Strange Days with Jim Morrison's voice not as affected. I'm using 3.2 firmware, using old Grado SR225e and Ultrasone DJ1 headphones just out of the box. Both phones are 32 Ohm, not particularly hard to drive with very different sound signatures, but both were equally affected by the change. Even though I have to put the volume at less that half, I'm sticking with high gain. Low gain makes mine almost as bad as an iPod. I'm glad I found that switch!

+1 for increasing the sound quality in high gain ... for some odd reason and not just because the increased volume level as some would argue !!! .... any way i must disagree with you in "  Low gain makes mine almost as bad as an iPod " no DAP i have ever heard in my life has the dead , dry , boring & soul killing sound like an Ipod !!!  

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #13,765 of 17,484
Received no answer on my dead fiio x3 issue, seems fiio has lost a customer, so going back to Sony Walkman

You PM'd Joe Bloggs, correct? Maybe give him a little more time, time zone differences... I've had nothing but positive experiences with the few times I had to contact Fiio. Much better than Sony. I emailed them, they responded within 24 hours. Do you have the correct email?

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #13,767 of 17,484

Uhh, it is a secret?
I think, to be very good, if public knows, what sellers is that "good", as it not respond, when customer have a problems....

audiofilia.com.mx was the seller, is the solely seller of fiio products here in Mexico

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #13,768 of 17,484
You PM'd Joe Bloggs, correct? Maybe give him a little more time, time zone differences... I've had nothing but positive experiences with the few times I had to contact Fiio. Much better than Sony. I emailed them, they responded within 24 hours. Do you have the correct email?

yesah i PM'ed him or her yesterday, and yep I emailed them to support@fiio.net as listed in their website

sorry if i double post but i don't know yet how to use the multi-quote feature

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #13,770 of 17,484
  audiofilia.com.mx was the seller, is the solely seller of fiio products here in Mexico

Ok, thank you. Maybe you do good advice to someone, who read this forum, amnd now know about that seller.
I ordered mine from pitbullaudio, and hope it was a good seller  -but who knows? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back