The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #13,171 of 17,484
thanks for the headphone advice above. but I have one more question would the Grado Prestige Series SR80e be  good  to bring out the cymbals in my music  I love how they look .

Most likely so. I'm a huge fan of the Grado line, for their presentation of instruments. The SR80 sold me.

Do note that these are open headphones-so perfect for listening in quiet environments, but in public not so.

Leakage from the outside world into your ears, and leakage of sound into the outside world.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #13,172 of 17,484
  Hey guys,

Can somebody summarize what is happening with the firmwares after the last official update. All these comments are confusing me :D

Thanks

The latest stable and official version seems to be FW 3.0. For me, FW 3.2 has far to many issues to be an official firmware in my opinion. It has issues with memory play and remembering what track it was playing and what album the track was in. I now use FW 3.21b which isn't official but I find it to be the best so far.

If you are wanting the latest, most reliable and official FW I would go with 3.0.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ywi9stn9nz6nvnq/x3+FW3.0.zip

FiiO told me that they may sort out this 5800 track limit on a future firmware but I am not sure what else will be in the next one.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #13,173 of 17,484
Most likely so. I'm a huge fan of the Grado line, for their presentation of instruments. The SR80 sold me.

Do note that these are open headphones-so perfect for listening in quiet environments, but in public not so.

Leakage from the outside world into your ears, and leakage of sound into the outside world.

cool ty

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #13,174 of 17,484
  I asked FiiO if this 5800 limit would ever get fixed. They got back to me very fast and said that their software engineers are busy modifying the firmware on the X3 either to extend or cancel the track limit.

I hope that will be the case. We will see on a future firmware.

So nice to hear

What is the extended limit in the x5?

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #13,175 of 17,484
I have been having one problem with the X3 recently. Maybe I shouldn't blame the X3 though. I seem to be getting a lot of interference that must be from phones around me. It is very noticeable while traveling on a bus. I am sure that my phone isn't causing it. I have a basic phone as I don't like touch screen phones and when I have it even sitting right next to the X3 at home, I never get any interference sounds other that when I make a call or receive texts. What is most strange of all is that I didn't ever have any interference with the X3 until I got Firmware 3.21b. I don't understand how that can even be related though.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #13,176 of 17,484
  I have been having one problem with the X3 recently. Maybe I shouldn't blame the X3 though. I seem to be getting a lot of interference that must be from phones around me. It is very noticeable while traveling on a bus. I am sure that my phone isn't causing it. I have a basic phone as I don't like touch screen phones and when I have it even sitting right next to the X3 at home, I never get any interference sounds other that when I make a call or receive texts. What is most strange of all is that I didn't ever have any interference with the X3 until I got Firmware 3.21b. I don't understand how that can even be related though.

What kind of headphones are you using? I can get some interference while tethering when i have my BTG Midnight cable going straight over the phone.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #13,177 of 17,484

Any phone cause that interference

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #13,180 of 17,484

When I am at home and just my phone is close to the X3, I hardly ever get that interference. When I am in a place where a lot of other phones are, I seem to get a lot of it. I didn't notice this interference on my old player at all.

this is weird ... mine hardly gets any interference .. very rare occasions ... may be you are in some closed place with weak signals ... that all mobiles exerts an extra effort and power to get signal and increase the ability to interference ? 

and what is your old player ? ... what causes the interference is the more powerful and dedicated amp section of X3 ( as far as i know ) 

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #13,181 of 17,484
  this is weird ... mine hardly gets any interference .. very rare occasions ... may be you are in some closed place with weak signals ... that all mobiles exerts an extra effort and power to get signal and increase the ability to interference ? 

and what is your old player ? ... what causes the interference is the more powerful and dedicated amp section of X3 ( as far as i know ) 

My old player was the iAudio X5L. The X3 is a quite  a lot louder especially when high gain is on. The signal could maybe be weak in places when I am traveling.

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #13,185 of 17,484
Hello, quick question: what is the max resolution and size of cover art picture for Fiio x3 with latest firmware?

Officially its 1024x1024 but around 600x600 or lower would serve you better and avoid freezing and slow response. The screen is only 240x320 so that is lowest and most efficient rez to use, but it won't look great on a computer monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back