The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 23, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #12,977 of 17,483
Does anyone think that this 5800 track limit will ever get sorted out? I am about to get a 64gb card but I already have over 3000 songs and my 32gb card isn't quite full yet. The only way of filling a 128gb card will have to be tracks that take up much more space. I mainly have 320kbps Mp3s which don't take up much room.

Sep 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #12,979 of 17,483
So after a month i have spent too much money, u guys like to make wallets bleed. :p
Fiio e6
Ath-M50x
Ath-Ws55x
Sony mdr v55
Asus u7
Shure 215
Fiio l16, rc se1
And i finally bought the x3, it should be coming tomorrow, :)
So i think the e6 is going to become useless. :p

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #12,980 of 17,483
Does anyone think that this 5800 track limit will ever get sorted out? I am about to get a 64gb card but I already have over 3000 songs and my 32gb card isn't quite full yet. The only way of filling a 128gb card will have to be tracks that take up much more space. I mainly have 320kbps Mp3s which don't take up much room.

I have over 8k songs (320kbps mp3s) on a 128gb card. I've stuck with older firmware (2.1) due to this restriction on newer firmware.

My understanding is the new firmware will be based on the X5 2.2 and will allow playlists to get around this library limitation. The X5 firmware came out in August but no word on the version update for the X3. I was hoping it would come out after the moon festival holiday in China but it has been quiet.

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #12,981 of 17,483
I have over 8k songs (320kbps mp3s) on a 128gb card. I've stuck with older firmware (2.1) due to this restriction on newer firmware.

My understanding is the new firmware will be based on the X5 2.2 and will allow playlists to get around this library limitation. The X5 firmware came out in August but no word on the version update for the X3. I was hoping it would come out after the moon festival holiday in China but it has been quiet.

FW 2.1 has a big issue with Mp3s. They have a bad crackling background noise which is very noticeable between tracks and on quiet ones. As soon as I got 3.0 that issue was sorted out. But now I think my next problem will be getting to the track limit before I fill my 64gb card that I will be getting soon.

I hope that another FW will have got rid of the track limit.

I use Mp3s because they sound so close to CD quality flac files but take up so much less space.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #12,983 of 17,483
That has be a whopping load of MP3's! I have a full 32g and only crest 1100 tracks mp3 intermingled throughout but mostly FLAC

I have 3119 tracks at the moment and most of them are 320kbps Mp3s. The others are oggs and flacs. I have one double album of 24bit flacs and that takes up 1.6gb which just seems huge to me.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #12,984 of 17,483

I've never heard of this limit, is this a limit that encompasses everything? FLAC, mp3, ect.?

Sep 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #12,985 of 17,483
  I've never heard of this limit, is this a limit that encompasses everything? FLAC, mp3, ect.?

I don't know what pages it is on but this problem has been mentioned several time before back in this thread. I think it is a limit of the total number of tracks no matter what format they are. If people mainly use high bit-rate Mp3s like me, you simply wont be able to fill a 64gb card unless all the tracks are really long.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #12,987 of 17,483
I have an issue (or maybe not an issue) with my X3. Strange clicking sound comes out of the device every time I plug in or out headphones (any headphones, so the issue isn't in headphones). It's like double click one louder than the other every time on plug in/out and if I plugged headphones before turning X3 on than one click happens when I press play button. My question is if this is normal? I have seen few other people have the same issue here but none answered if it's normal or not, just some guessing what it could be. Everything sounds good, battery is ok too, so just that annoying clicking is the problem and for not it seems not to affect anything else. Anyone knows what is it about?

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #12,988 of 17,483
Isn't the limit on the number of tracks that can be indexed by the media library, not on the number of files that can be stored in the SD?

You are correct. If you only listen to tracks in a single folder, it is not an issue. If you want to shuffle your entire library, you can only listen to 5800 songs.

This is a big deal for some, not a big deal for others. I can not hear a difference between flac and 320kbps mp3 so I would rather have more music available and flexibility on how I listen:random shuffle of all songs and by album.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #12,989 of 17,483
There is a difference between 320 mp3 and flac. Although, you can hear it with hi-fi headphones only. Over 3-400 dollar headphones I mean...
For those, who own such a thing, it worth to use flac over mp3. Otherwise it it does not make a difference.
Also, I do not understand, why 5800 songs can not be enough on the go... Around 4000 is enough for me. And it fills my 64gb sd card and 8gb internal... 
Do not be lazy to update your preferred on the go library. Than 5800 will be more than enough. :wink:

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #12,990 of 17,483
  I have an issue (or maybe not an issue) with my X3. Strange clicking sound comes out of the device every time I plug in or out headphones (any headphones, so the issue isn't in headphones). It's like double click one louder than the other every time on plug in/out and if I plugged headphones before turning X3 on than one click happens when I press play button. My question is if this is normal? I have seen few other people have the same issue here but none answered if it's normal or not, just some guessing what it could be. Everything sounds good, battery is ok too, so just that annoying clicking is the problem and for not it seems not to affect anything else. Anyone knows what is it about?

It's perfectly normal, it's a relay that clicks, it connects and disconnects the power amplifier output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back