The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 5, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #12,001 of 17,484
Printing the X3 stand using Cura and Ultimaker 2
Overall Dimensions: X=60mm Y=179mm Z=159.5mm
   Filament Length: 19.41 meters
        Print Time: 22H 53M (wow!)
            Layers: 1593
Like all Lightwave objects X3 Desk Stand is mirrored in the Z coordinate. Rotated -90 deg in X. This is very easy to correct in Cura. I tried other 3D printing software packages and Cura wins by 100,000,000%. That is to say, the other ones were crap.

I have to admit I would not want to wait ~23 hours to print this thing. (that's an understatement) I could make one out of surplus packing material in about 2 hours at a total cost of $0.00
At a cost of $2599.00 the Ultimaker 2 would only make sense for prototyping objects that would otherwise be cast in gold. A friend of mine would EDM this stand from aluminum for about $500. Of course if I needed prototypes made every week 3D printing might win out.
I'll stick with cardboard!

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #12,002 of 17,484
Just received my X3.  Can't wait to give it a try, but have to charge it first.  I'm lucky, in that my tablet charger works for the X3 too.  So excited.  I had a listening test a week ago, but I'm dying to give mine a try.  Have to charge it first.  It won't even let me select language settings before it shuts off, so I have to assume the battery is dead.  Takes a few hours, and I don't know if I can wait that long!
eek.gif
L3000.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #12,003 of 17,484
  Just received my X3.  Can't wait to give it a try, but have to charge it first.  I'm lucky, in that my tablet charger works for the X3 too.  So excited.  I had a listening test a week ago, but I'm dying to give mine a try.  Have to charge it first.  It won't even let me select language settings before it shuts off, so I have to assume the battery is dead.  Takes a few hours, and I don't know if I can wait that long!
eek.gif
L3000.gif

Check the hold switch and turn it off if it is on because that might be causing the behaviour that you are seeing. Then you might get to play with your new toy a bit sooner.

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #12,004 of 17,484
Just received my X3.  Can't wait to give it a try, but have to charge it first.  I'm lucky, in that my tablet charger works for the X3 too.  So excited.  I had a listening test a week ago, but I'm dying to give mine a try.  Have to charge it first.  It won't even let me select language settings before it shuts off, so I have to assume the battery is dead.  Takes a few hours, and I don't know if I can wait that long!:eek: :L3000:

Hahahaha .... It seems to be the hold switch joke from fiio

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #12,008 of 17,484
Coming from an iPod Classic, I've never seen the HOLD button on FiiO products as an enemy... I think it's quite useful, I should say.

I find it funny to see how many users are deceived by this stealthy and sadistic little switch.
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #12,009 of 17,484
Sure that button is great, but maybe turned off by default is a good idea, I took 15 seconds to realize that, but the initial shock of thinking the unit was defective... it is not  a good gift   
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #12,011 of 17,484
The X3 users manual goes best with Moo goo gai pan. A lot of newbies try to read the manual while eating pizza or green corn tamales, which is foolish, and probably contributes to a lot of the misunderstanding of correct X3 procedure. X3 comes with the manual in many languages loaded on the internal drive. Just move them to your computer to read them. It's fun to read the Cantonese manual with your noodles, and then the manual in your primary language with the rest of your dinner. And EAT YOUR MUSHROOMS!
RTM
READ THE MANUAL

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #12,012 of 17,484
So, it's charged, the hold button is switched off, the firmware is updated, and the music is loaded.

It's great!  It drives my JVC SZ-1000 headphones to great levels, with the bass just pumping out, better than what I had with an iPod classic and the E17.  These are hard to drive properly, and you won't get the benefit of the serious bass output without an amp, and the amp in the X3 is fantastic.  So is the bass boost.  I've tried quite a few files, and it plays my 96/24 FLAC files just as well as my 44.1/16 FLAC files.  I love it, the sound, the size, the weight, the look, the................. well, you get the idea.  I'm just so pleased.

Thank you James, for making just such a wonderful product.  And always improving it with continuous firmware updates, just makes it better.  

Signed,

A very happy customer.:L3000:

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #12,013 of 17,484
  The X3 users manual goes best with Moo goo gai pan. A lot of newbies try to read the manual while eating pizza or green corn tamales, which is foolish, and probably contributes to a lot of the misunderstanding of correct X3 procedure. X3 comes with the manual in many languages loaded on the internal drive. Just move them to your computer to read them. It's fun to read the Cantonese manual with your noodles, and then the manual in your primary language with the rest of your dinner. And EAT YOUR MUSHROOMS!
RTM
READ THE MANUAL

Green corn tamales?  Or green corn tamales?  Green corn tamales do not sound good 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back