The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 22, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #11,041 of 17,483
  Recently the new FiiO LC-X3 flip-case was announced but I haven't seen a date when it should be available. Does someone know?
@JamesFiiO perhaps?

should take time for our agents to purchase it and delivery it.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #11,044 of 17,483
Talking about headphones....

I've looked around and can't find a post that answers this question so thought I'd add one :)

Having wanted to move away from Itunes I've recently bought the X3. I've come to the conclusion that the right headphone MASSIVELY alter the X3's sound and now need some new IEMs for it. Oh this HiFi game, it ain't inexpensive!

For all of us newbies, it would be great if we could create a list of what IEM's sound great with the player at the £100/$160 price point. And if you get a mo, to create an even more useful reference post, perhaps add what you think the IEMs qualities are?

Thanks all.

:)

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #11,045 of 17,483

I've looked around and can't find a post that answers this question so thought I'd add one :)

Having wanted to move away from Itunes I've recently bought the X3. I've come to the conclusion that the right headphone MASSIVELY alter the X3's sound and now need some new IEMs for it. Oh this HiFi game, it ain't inexpensive!

For all of us newbies, it would be great if we could create a list of what IEM's sound great with the player at the £100/$160 price point. And if you get a mo, to create an even more useful reference post, perhaps add what you think the IEMs qualities are?

Thanks all.

:)

1-shure se- 425 ( se 535 may be some times a bit warm with x3 )
2- etimotic er-4s ( from short listening session )
3- vsonic gr07 .... didn't try it but it should be fine because of its neutral sound (by many reviews )
in general any neutral to slightly bright iem would be fine  

EDIT : sorry what i meant in 2 - is Etymotic HF5 NOT the er-4s

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #11,048 of 17,483
Hello all.  I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I've read the manual, googled the hell out of this, and searched this forum with no success....  I've had my X3 for at least 6 months and have never figured out how to "Play All" by category.  I just upgraded to the new firmware hoping that this would solve my problem, but still can't figure it out.

So what's the deal?  I just want to navigate to "Amos Lee" and play everything by him that I have, not choose a specific album.  Am I missing some sort of button combination or is this just the nicest portable hardware ever with the ****tiest UI??

Help!

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #11,049 of 17,483
Not a supported feature.  The simplest suggestion for people that just want to listen to everything an artist does in one sitting is put all their work in the same folder.  Then you can use the file system to tell the X3 just to play that artist.

Jun 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #11,050 of 17,483
From what I've been reading, That feature has just been rolled out in a x5 beta (along with playlists) so hopefully we'll be getting it soonishly - any hints Fiio
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #11,051 of 17,483
From what I've been reading, That feature has just been rolled out in a x5 beta (along with playlists) so hopefully we'll be getting it soonishly - any hints Fiio:D .

Yes it's included in the X5 beta and the play all feature works really well! As an ex-x3er (funny word!) I hope Fiio can roll it out for you guys as well.

Playlists need some work still but hopefully it'll get ironed out soon.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #11,053 of 17,483

In my experience with head-fi every time a link in the audio chain is upgraded this shows weaknesses in other areas. It could be poor source file masters or poorly compressed music. It could be less resolving, recessed or bloated headphones. Or it could be an inadequate amp or DAC or both. The trick is finding the components that play well together or at least on the same level. Sorry about your wallet! :D

Usually once all pieces fit then curiosity kicks in to see how much better it can get. Aaaaaaand down the rabbit hole we go!

A repository of gear that plays well together is a great idea.

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #11,055 of 17,483
Yes it's included in the X5 beta and the play all feature works really well! As an ex-x3er (funny word!) I hope Fiio can roll it out for you guys as well.

Playlists need some work still but hopefully it'll get ironed out soon.

All I'm looking for with playlists is to be able to build a (auto)playlist in Musicbee, then export it to my X3. Pretty simple. Dunno if the playlist creation on the x3/x5 is going to work well. Pretty much hated the way that was implemented in rockbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back