The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 28, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #10,396 of 17,484
Quote:
I see some of you are ahead of me but yes, X3's version 3.0 firmware is here
biggrin.gif

http://www.fiio.net/news/index.aspx?ID=100000163834271&page=1

Here's a better download link with better bandwidth and unlimited number of downloads (right?)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ywi9stn9nz6nvnq/x3_FW3.0.zip

Thank you for staying with us for so long
redface.gif

I jumped in kind of late to using the X3, but I am extremely pleased with the outcome I've heard so far.  Thanks for making an affordable and enjoyable product.

Hmm, my quote is being odd...  oh well :x

May 28, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #10,400 of 17,484
Is it me or does this sound a little thicker than the last beta?... .

I don't know..but the sound is different to me too from the beta version...i hope there's anyone could confirm that to us ....
The volume levels are the best of all firmware I've tested before
There is no eq ....but I don't use it ...so I will let it go .....

What really concerns me is ...what about playlists support?? Can we see it in the future firmware updates? ....this new version seems to be stable and very promising

May 28, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #10,402 of 17,484
I don't know..but the sound is different to me too from the beta version...i hope there's anyone could confirm that to us ....
The volume levels are the best of all firmware I've tested before
There is no eq ....but I don't use it ...so I will let it go .....

What really concerns me is ...what about playlists support?? Can we see it in the future firmware updates? ....this new version seems to be stable and very promising

Yup ...i have the same thought too...different from 2.14b ...the bass is back imho whereas 2.14b has more clarity n details.

May 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #10,403 of 17,484
I love 3.0 so far, especially "Lifted restriction on playback of tracks of sample rate under 32kHz."
I have a heck of a lot of old radio shows downloaded from the 'net, and almost all are smaller sample rates.  I had to play them on my phone or iPod.  X3 is just pushing my other players farther and farther back in the drawer.
Not to mention my sizeable amount of mp3PRO I still have, at 96 kbps, 22.050 kHz sample rate.  Now I can play them on the X3!
My only "wha?" moment was seeing cover art so enlarged that it didn't fit on the X3 screen, like I need to find smaller album covers to embed or associate with the files.

May 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #10,404 of 17,484
Can anyone please confirm if the treble and bass controls are working in this version?

May 28, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #10,405 of 17,484
Can anyone please confirm if the treble and bass controls are working in this version?

Treble, bass and balance all work in playback mode, but as others have mentioned, that's all we currently get in terms of an EQ.

Dale

May 28, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #10,406 of 17,484
FW3.0 succesfully downloaded and installed. If you don't have a RAR unzipper, you can do it online at http://b1.org/online. Cool new interface which I like. Great having DSD support. I'm already listening to some free DSD downloads. Very enjoyable, well done developers. I really like seeing the track progress of the Update Media Library, something which I think I actually requested many moons ago. Sound seems richer and more spacious. Definitely smoother and more tube-like. There was always a bit of a glare with previous FW's. This was a nice player to begin with, now it is REALLY musical, brimming with PRaT. And I'm hearing all this on a pair of cheap Koss KSC75 headphones. 

May 28, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #10,410 of 17,484
Congrats, FiiO...awesome release! I think you guys nailed the SQ that came out of the betas (particularly 19b). Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back