The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 29, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #9,616 of 17,484
Guys, is a BETA firmware.

I have had a good experience with it so far. No crashes, no slow response UI wise. I know this doesn't help much but I have no bugs to report.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #9,617 of 17,484
Guys, is a BETA firmware.

I have had a good experience with it so far. No crashes, no slow response UI wise. I know this doesn't help much but I have no bugs to report.

i do experience the player didnt go sleep fully after i left it when not playing any songs...the battery keep wasting and i have no way to wake up the player until i push the reset button...

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #9,618 of 17,484
I haven't tried the beta yet :) I will wait until the stable version, although I am a bit inpatient. 

My request is to put some different skins in order to make also good looking :)

P.S. Have you noticed enhanced battery lifetime?

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #9,619 of 17,484
Well, it IS a beta. Please at least attach the beta suffix when mentioning 2.14beta, or else we won't be having this conversation with anybody here on head-fi the next time a beta comes out
redface.gif

With that out of the way will there be another beta forthcoming? 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #9,621 of 17,484
I've had a couple of lockups using the Beta when shuffling my songs. Instead of a full reset I pull out the headphone jack and the player becomes responsive again. By lockups I mean the screen is black but there's still power as I can hear a slight hiss from my iems. Doing the headphone jack brings the player back to life and the next song starts.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #9,622 of 17,484
  For the X3 owners in here, do any of you run a neutral-ish sounding IEM in the price range of $150 or less and are really satisfied with the sound when matched with the X3?  Maybe up to $200 max.  If so, what do you run?  Many folks seem to indicate that neutral headphones/earphones are the best match with the X3, and I think I've had a problem trying to mate warm or V-shaped IEMs with the X3 and being disappointed. 

Lots of folks seem to use and like the HiFiMan RE-400's with the X3.  But I'm really concerned about all of the negative reviews regarding build quality of the RE-400's and how many folks experience the cable shorting or becoming detached within a few months to a year of owning them.  So I'm on the lookout for another neutral IEM similar in performance quality to the RE-400's but of a higher build quality and within the price range noted above. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

Try out the RHA MA750 ... with our without the "i". Build quality is superb. SQ is also very good leaning slightly warm. For me, it pairs well with the new FW2.14b.
Best of all, price is $120 for the MA750 and $130 for the MA750i, NEW!

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #9,623 of 17,484

The sleep and idle timer labels were switched around by mistake on 2.14beta, you did not have the idle powerdown set to a few minutes (causing the player to shut down for sleep regardless of playing track), right?

My freezes stopped, once I realized the sleep and idle were switched around.  Everyone is aware of the switched labels, aren't they?

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #9,625 of 17,484
I've had a couple of lockups using the Beta when shuffling my songs. Instead of a full reset I pull out the headphone jack and the player becomes responsive again. By lockups I mean the screen is black but there's still power as I can hear a slight hiss from my iems. Doing the headphone jack brings the player back to life and the next song starts.

That's the same thing that happens with mine. Once I had to do a full reset, but usually just unplugging the headphones does the trick.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #9,626 of 17,484
  I have FW 2.15beta at hand which fixed the volume issues and the cover display. but it is not a very stable fw and I don't want people discussing the bugs of the beta version to the public.

of course, other is ok to share with everyone , especially the new UI, new features.  so do you guys have any suggestion about the  " beta version test program " ?

James, I would be pretty interested in testing out the beta!  Some people are used to working with beta software, so they are tolerant of bugs and focus more on reporting to the most helpful extent.  Perhaps it would be best to have beta discussion occur at some sort of isolated location, like another thread in the FiiO sponsor forum here, or somewhere else hosted by FiiO?  That way you would stop the mixup of people discussing the software as it currently exists with the official release and the unstable beta.  I think it can be very helpful to have public beta, as you can find issues much easier with so many people trying things out.

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #9,627 of 17,484
ive test one album in dsd on fw 2.14beta, in my opinion playback is fine, its not an album i'm familiar with but sounds good.

the playback experience in general has increase a lot,

now when i switch song the change is instantly, on fw2.10 you could hear a pice of the old song now that's gone

while skiping songs and going back playback is fine, on fw2.10 sometimes freezes

the gui lags a little when you change songs that has album pictures, but that's not important.

im very happy with this firmware, hope they polish all the mayor bugs in the release version.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #9,629 of 17,484
Couple of questions about the beta firmware.  

What format are the DSD files supposed to be in?

Can you format 64gb cards with the beta firmware?  I keep getting an error message with my new 64gb card which is currently formatted ex-FAT.

DSD can be .dff or .dsf as long as it is DSD64 and not compressed (DST).

Yes

Swyped from my Gpad

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #9,630 of 17,484

James, I would be pretty interested in testing out the beta!  Some people are used to working with beta software, so they are tolerant of bugs and focus more on reporting to the most helpful extent.  Perhaps it would be best to have beta discussion occur at some sort of isolated location, like another thread in the FiiO sponsor forum here, or somewhere else hosted by FiiO?  That way you would stop the mixup of people discussing the software as it currently exists with the official release and the unstable beta.  I think it can be very helpful to have public beta, as you can find issues much easier with so many people trying things out.

yes, I will discuss with Joe to see how can we arrange it . 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back