The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #8,807 of 17,484
So I recently threw away my old silicone case and now all of a sudden the buttons are sticking and are hard to press and inconsistent. Anyone know what this is about and if there's anything I can do to fix it? 

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #8,808 of 17,484
  So I recently threw away my old silicone case and now all of a sudden the buttons are sticking and are hard to press and inconsistent. Anyone know what this is about and if there's anything I can do to fix it? 

This is going to sound silly, but are you touching it with sticky hands? It sounds like there's dirt and/or residue stuck in it. Use some of brush to get in there maybe.

Why did you throw away the silicone case?

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #8,809 of 17,484
If it were me I would just return it for a new one, that way you won't have to worry about it happening again.

I've actually had it shut off on me multiple times so I am greatly considering this. Do we send it directly to Fiio?

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #8,810 of 17,484

This is going to sound silly, but are you touching it with sticky hands? It sounds like there's dirt and/or residue stuck in it. Use some of brush to get in there maybe.

Why did you throw away the silicone case?

It started to tear and was getting old and grotty. And a drop or two of juice did get on it but I didn't think any got inside. Is it worth opening it up and trying to clean up?

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #8,811 of 17,484

It started to tear and was getting old and grotty. And a drop or two of juice did get on it but I didn't think any got inside. Is it worth opening it up and trying to clean up?

The juice most likely did it. I'm not an expert on cleaning sticky buttons, but there are all sorts of videos floating around on how to clean them. There appear to be screws on the side that should let you open the X3 if you unscrew them. There is also a picture on the first page of the internal part of the X3 without the case. So maybe it's worth doing. However, I'd try to see if there is a way to clean the buttons without opening the thing.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #8,812 of 17,484
How play music in DAC mode under linux?

I try connecting but never detect, I listed a ALSA sound devices but not listed a X3, But i listed a usb devices and X3 is listed correcty

¿Need a driver DAC for linux?

I try in Debian 7 

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #8,813 of 17,484
  How play music in DAC mode under linux?

I try connecting but never detect, I listed a ALSA sound devices but not listed a X3, But i listed a usb devices and X3 is listed correcty

¿Need a driver DAC for linux?

I try in Debian 7 

Thanks!

It worked for me "out of the box" in Ubuntu when I tried it (some time ago, though). So, I don't know what you need to install, but I can tell you it is possible. If you want me to try again and get some output for you, let me know.

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #8,814 of 17,484
Really Guys...
Pretty hard to flash firmware to a unit that doesn't even boot to a menu.

I'd leave it on till ll the power goes out then plug it in and see if it boots, if not reset it again while its charging and see what happens.

Firmware flashing is done by a bootloader - peace of software that starts up before the firmware if he's able to see the FiiO logo that means that bootloader most likely starts up normally so there is no reason he shouldn't be able to flash new firmware. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif

X3 is relatively easy to open (4 screws on the outside and 4 on the inside) so you can get some Isopropyl Alcohol (aka rubbing alcohol) and some cotton buds and try to clean it.

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #8,816 of 17,484
I couldn't flash new firmware anyway because I don't have anything else that could read my card. So I was stuck with draining the X3. I plugged it in and everything is working now. I'm thinking I might want to re-format the card anyway.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #8,818 of 17,484
My Fiio X3 decided to go bad on me. I was listening to some songs that I loaded to it recently, and it just decided to shut off on me. I tried turning it on again, and it gets stuck at the loading screen. You see the "Fiio" logo turn white, but it freezes before it turns red. I tried hitting the reset button, but the same thing happens. Plugging it in doesn't help either. I guess I'll have to wait for it to drain and see if it will reset properly that way.

The reset button on top should be more effective than drained battery, as it "breaks" the circuit, effectively shutting the battery out.

You can flash the device by loading x3.fw onto the microSD card, and pressing the power and menu button at the same time.

If you can't get to this, i would say that the internal memory on your X3 has been severely corrupted.

I couldn't flash new firmware anyway because I don't have anything else that could read my card. So I was stuck with draining the X3. I plugged it in and everything is working now. I'm thinking I might want to re-format the card anyway.

Weird but glad that it works again.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #8,819 of 17,484
The reset button on top should be more effective than drained battery, as it "breaks" the circuit, effectively shutting the battery out.

You can flash the device by loading x3.fw onto the microSD card, and pressing the power and menu button at the same time.

If you can't get to this, i would say that the internal memory on your X3 has been severely corrupted.
Weird but glad that it works again.

I'm not sure why reset just kept on doing the same thing. I even tried holding the reset button for more than 10 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back