The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 19, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #8,626 of 17,484
Hey guys,

I got some good news and wanted to share... 

"Next major update should happen between March and April, just a bit after the major X5 update concurrent with its international launch."

: )

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #8,627 of 17,484
Went to shop on Monday in order to final audition amp to use with my X3 and ESW11LTD. After finish my purchase, I have some time to try X3 with these two phones

When I play with 11LTD, X3 volume is at 25 (low gain). For both above phones, volume will be at 35 (low gain) to get the same level. Very interesting that X3 can drive them without problem. I don't have much time so just compare for only one track. LCD 2 rev 2 is really smooth, but I just ordered ATH-W5000. So it will be long time before I will look for a new phones

Still happy with my X3, even I always keep toothpick near to reset X3 couple of times per week.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #8,628 of 17,484
The Pelican 1020 case arrived today and it's a perfect match for the X3 & E12.

Case Open with my DIY IC on the side to take up little bit of the slack.

X3 & E12

beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #8,629 of 17,484
I'd like to hear the Crossfeed of the E12...not sure if I'd use that a lot or not. Does it sound natural? Same tone/sound quality but with a more expansive soundstage? 

The crossfeed on the E12 actually brings the sound forward and closer to the center of your head.
On old Blue Note & Riverside jazz recordings where they sometimes have different musician's recorded to the full left and right, the crossfeed option will mix the channels together and move them out in front of you giving more of a stereo type presentation. The crossfed will not work with all songs, but on those old jazz recordings it is a nice touch.
beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #8,631 of 17,484
Thanks for the info. I use my X3 with an E12 and was looking at Pelican cases 20 seconds before I saw your post. Glad to see they fit nicely.
Will be ordering mine very shortly.
Excellent!
It is a great heavy duty case. The 1010 fits a Colorfly C3 and E11 perfectly if you have that combo as well.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #8,632 of 17,484
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me whether the x3 supports browsing by artist then album in library mode? For example, if I select an artist can I view all the albums by that artist?

The x3 I looked at today running 1.31 didn't seem to support this feature. I'm looking for something I can place my entire music collection on and easily browse through it.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #8,634 of 17,484
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me whether the x3 supports browsing by artist then album in library mode? For example, if I select an artist can I view all the albums by that artist?

The x3 I looked at today running 1.31 didn't seem to support this feature. I'm looking for something I can place my entire music collection on and easily browse through it.

It has been identified as a top issue on Fiio's bugzilla page, so they should be working towards enabling that feature.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #8,635 of 17,484
  Hi,

For me it did, but it organized the songs wrong

I just use browse mode and organize my stuff by Artist\Album

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #8,636 of 17,484
Ordered my X3 yesterday so it should be here today. I just hope I can hear the difference from my Sansa clip zip.

Need to get some better headphones as well though yet. I can't decide between Denon HP-DN700's for £111, AKG K550 for £109 or the M-Audio Q40 at £42

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #8,638 of 17,484
I just bought a Fiio X3 from a brick and mortar store in Vancouver.  I immediately updated the firmware to FW2.1.  When I plugged in my headphones, there was a loud click and then no sound.  I went through my settings and made sure everything was right.  Reset the X3 and re-installed FW2.1 a second time and there is still no sound.  Took a pin and Reset at the top of the player and still no sound.  Any thougts?

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #8,639 of 17,484
  I just bought a Fiio X3 from a brick and mortar store in Vancouver.  I immediately updated the firmware to FW2.1.  When I plugged in my headphones, there was a loud click and then no sound.  I went through my settings and made sure everything was right.  Reset the X3 and re-installed FW2.1 a second time and there is still no sound.  Took a pin and Reset at the top of the player and still no sound.  Any thougts?

This'll sound like a dumb question but I'm just wondering if you plug it in the right spot. It happened to me when I mistook the headphone output with the coaxial output

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #8,640 of 17,484

That or the relay isn't working correctly mine does this exact thing after it plays a few songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back