The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #8,146 of 17,484
X Player and The X-Men Phone Rack
dt880smile.png

P.S. Now I have 3 x 64 GB Card for Jazz, Vocal and classical each. Just swap card, never do the library update. Every thing work flawlessly, cover album show correctly. Line out is good, just use a cheap cable 5$ connect to Harman Kardon 990 -> Martin Logan Vista Speakers.

For 200$, hat off to all people at FiiO for this excellent job. I'm already book X5 from dealer in order to be sure that I will get for first lot.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #8,147 of 17,484
What are owners / peoples thoughts for a good match $150 ish IEM for the x3?
I got some brainwaves r3 pretty much free from mp4nation, but I really don't like them, especially as the memory wire stuff goes Over the ear.....I just can' get them to fit well, even with comply's, so a bit hesitant about the vsonic gr07 I have seen mentioned.

I know nothing about IEM's, having been ardently anti.....but now....why not?

I listen to a wide range of genres, So a good all-rounder?
So you know - there are no shops where I can try out or even look for at least 2500km so I am stuck with what I buy....

Far out. I am so pleased with this machine. I really had my doubts.

T.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #8,148 of 17,484
What are owners / peoples thoughts for a good match $150 ish IEM for the x3?
I got some brainwaves r3 pretty much free from mp4nation, but I really don't like them, especially as the memory wire stuff goes Over the ear.....I just can' get them to fit well, even with comply's, so a bit hesitant about the vsonic gr07 I have seen mentioned.

I know nothing about IEM's, having been ardently anti.....but now....why not?

I listen to a wide range of genres, So a good all-rounder?
So you know - there are no shops where I can try out or even look for at least 2500km so I am stuck with what I buy....

Far out. I am so pleased with this machine. I really had my doubts.

T.

Whats your preferred sound sig?

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #8,150 of 17,484
  Hi Everyone!

I am about to purchase the X3 and was wondering whether my AKG374 will be OK, or would I need something better?

Not heard those before but I'm sure they will sound good with the X3. Almost everything does.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #8,151 of 17,484
Yes, ogg vorbis decoding too
redface.gif
Yes, it is also high priority
smily_headphones1.gif

OK, awesome.

I've been using OGG for all of my personal media player long-term storage for years.  When I first listen to new things, I use FLAC if possible in order to get the best experience and give it some critical listening.  But in order to be able to have more albums to be played on the player, I've been using OGG to store my "favorite" old albums for years.  I decided on OGG as my preferred lossy format way back because after an extensive comparison, I thought it sounded better than MP3, WMA, and M4A.  So almost all of the music on my SD cards is OGG.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #8,152 of 17,484
OK, awesome.

I've been using OGG for all of my personal media player long-term storage for years.  When I first listen to new things, I use FLAC if possible in order to get the best experience and give it some critical listening.  But in order to be able to have more albums to be played on the player, I've been using OGG to store my "favorite" old albums for years.  I decided on OGG as my preferred lossy format way back because after an extensive comparison, I thought it sounded better than MP3, WMA, and M4A.  So almost all of the music on my SD cards is OGG.

Everyone sticks to different formats because they believe it's best. In the end it all comes down to what sounds best to your ears.

Like me, I've converted most of my FLAC albums to M4A because I think that it sounds much better than MP3 or WMA.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #8,154 of 17,484
  Has anyone tried the re-400 with X3? I've ordered a re-400 and I'm dying to know what it would sound like....can someone tell me what to expect?

I have this combo and love it.

The slight warmth of the X3 pairs up very well with the neutral nature of the RE-400. I find the sound is very enjoyable with excellent clarity. The bass is there but only when the track calls for it, and its tight and punchy. The only genre is not 100% suited to this pairing is maybe hip-hop but I hardly listen to it so it doesn't matter for me.

Hope this helps.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #8,155 of 17,484
  Hi! My question about feature "Memory play > position"
Looks like dap can save only one - first position after dap first time turned off.
After second and more poweroff (no matter how much you next listened to this track) dap will play each time from the first time of save.
This is terrible because in my library 90% of musiс includes mixes, podcast and radioshow with time more than 1 hour.
Simple test: take track more than 1 hour.
Listen to the 20 minute and then turn off dap.
Turn on - music starts playing from 20 minute, ok. Next listen to 40 minute, turn off dap.
Turn on again - screen show that music plays from 40 minute, but in fact music plays from 20 minute.
Now no matter how much you more listen to this track, with each new turn on dap start playing from 20 minute.
Looks like mistiming that really plays with the fact that shows on the screen.
Bug in 2.05 & 1.31 fimware with many mp3`s.

Hi,

Ive had my X3 for a week and I'm really pleased with it.

But I have one problem and if I can refer to a post someone made back in November of last year. I don't think this was answered by anyone (apologies if it was).

Is this a known problem? (or is it considered a problem/bug?)

I'm similar to the poster in that I listen to a lot of mixes and I would like to always be able to resume from where I left it. But it always restarts from the point it stopped the first time the track was played.

Thanks in advance

Mark.  

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #8,156 of 17,484

Hi,

Ive had my X3 for a week and I'm really pleased with it.

But I have one problem and if I can refer to a post someone made back in November of last year. I don't think this was answered by anyone (apologies if it was).

Is this a known problem? (or is it considered a problem/bug?)

I'm similar to the poster in that I listen to a lot of mixes and I would like to always be able to resume from where I left it. But it always restarts from the point it stopped the first time the track was played.

Thanks in advance

Mark.  

There is an option in in Player Settings.

Set it to Position. :)

Also remember to pause the playback before turning the unit off, if you dont do that and turn it off while the track is playing it will start the main screen again when you turn the player back on. This is def a bug.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #8,157 of 17,484
Everyone sticks to different formats because they believe it's best. In the end it all comes down to what sounds best to your ears.

Like me, I've converted most of my FLAC albums to M4A because I think that it sounds much better than MP3 or WMA.

I agree.  FWIW, I thought OGG and M4A were close, with a slight edge to OGG based on what I prefer.  Both were much better than MP3 and WMA, in my opinion.  (I also think WMA has a slight edge over MP3, due to fewer perceived artifacts.)

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #8,158 of 17,484

There is an option in in Player Settings.

Set it to Position. :)

Also remember to pause the playback before turning the unit off, if you dont do that and turn it off while the track is playing it will start the main screen again when you turn the player back on. This is def a bug.

Yep I have the Position option set.

But I don't know if its the 'Position' option not working correctly or when I wind a few mins through a track and turn the x3 on and off again...but...the timing on the screen is defiantly not in sync with the music. The song in question is a mp3 I downloaded from Soundcloud, so I can do a compare on time and position between the two and the x3 defiantly falls behind. 

In fact I listened to the soundcloud version today and got to point I know I haven't listened to on the X3 and its at about 35mins on soundcloud and yet I have seen 40 - 50 mins on the X3 but its playing music from the first 20 mins?

Is it just a buggy mp3 file? (if there is such a thing)?

Cheers,

Mark.

in fact just checked and the total time for the mix on on the x3 and its 119'38 and the total time for the mix on SC is 159'39? Is the length of the track screwing things up perhaps?

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #8,159 of 17,484

I agree.  FWIW, I thought OGG and M4A were close, with a slight edge to OGG based on what I prefer.  Both were much better than MP3 and WMA, in my opinion.  (I also think WMA has a slight edge over MP3, due to fewer perceived artifacts.)

Yeah thats fair enough.

I really cant see myself going back to MP3 now for my portable player.

Yep I have the Position option set.

But I don't know if its the 'Position' option not working correctly or when I wind a few mins through a track and turn the x3 on and off again...but...the timing on the screen is defiantly not in sync with the music. The song in question is a mp3 I downloaded from Soundcloud, so I can do a compare on time and position between the two and the x3 defiantly falls behind. 

In fact I listened to the soundcloud version today and got to point I know I haven't listened to on the X3 and its at about 35mins on soundcloud and yet I have seen 40 - 50 mins on the X3 but its playing music from the first 20 mins?

Is it just a buggy mp3 file? (if there is such a thing)?

Cheers,

Mark.

in fact just checked and the total time for the mix on on the x3 and its 119'38 and the total time for the mix on SC is 159'39? Is the length of the track screwing things up perhaps?

Hmm thats strange, not really notcied anything like that happening here. It could be a corrupt MP3 file, or it could be an issue with the X3s decoder. Who knows..

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #8,160 of 17,484
Please remember FiiO that there are A LOT of people who really wish to have a more advanced eq on the x3! If the 10 band equalizer from the x5 would be transfered to the x3, this machine would be freaking great! To me that is the only thing that is missed in this device. So yeah, don't forget that FiiO:) You would please so many souls if you did this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back